Tournament Ubers UU Kickoff - Round Two [339.92$ prizepool currently] [SEE POST 35 and 80- PLAY ON SMOGTOURS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader

art by Finchely

Welcome to the Ubers UU Kickoff! This will be a single elimination tournament in the Ubers UU format, to celebrate the format's addition as an Unofficial Metagame on Smogon! From experienced players from its roots to Smogon folk curious about the format and everybody in between, this tournament is for you! This will be a single elimination best of three tournament held in the Ubers UU format on Pokemon Showdown. All replays must be posted to the round's thread for a win to count, and each round will take one week.

Here are some useful Ubers UU resources:
- Sample Teams
- Viability Rankings
- Speed Tiers

Here are some Smogon tournament resources:
- Tournament Rules
- Scheduling Guidance
- Smogtours [will automatically save your replays!] and Smogtours server information (you may also play on the main Pokemon Showdown server)

Standard Rules and Clauses
  • SV Ubers UU Banlist: Found here, Pokémon in the "Banned by Usage" and "Banned by the community" categories are not allowed to be used. If a Pokémon is added to either category mid-round, they will be allowed until the start of the next round.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more information.
  • Baton Pass Clause: The move Baton Pass is banned outright.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

Host discretion will be applied for all unplayed games. This means that an activity win will not be automatically granted if you post, and a lack of post does not automatically result in a coinflip.

Prize Pool
This tournament is eligible for a community-funded prize pool, and will be listed here if/when a prize pool is contributed. Contact a fairy on Smogon (or Discord at afairy) if you wish to contribute to a prize pool.

$20 - njnp
$25 - BloodAce
$50 - mencemeat
$100 - blunder
$20 - Natedagr8Snake
$60.77 - avaluggsimp
$14.15 - Liquidocelot
$50 - Nashrock

Current prize pool distribution: [updated 10/12/2023]
Winner: 30%
2nd place: 20%
Semifinalist: 10%
Quarterfinalist: 7.5%

Matchups:
BigDaddyAddy  vs  Pissog
8142e33  vs  Vert
BloodAce  vs  Realblazing
Swaay  vs  TheSilv
Yelou  vs  SpoiledBerries
Dante'sDere  vs  Exotic64
srvoltmike  vs  Hairoll
Gock Glocker  vs  Nikebeamz
Spofyt  vs  Techno6377
corvere  vs  5noodles
fayestra  vs  sealoo
Squirtle Nornor  vs  KeshBa54
Squeeby  vs  Foufakirby
LBN  vs  Hershie
Arcanine1929  vs  Creator of Some
Gaboswampert  vs  SBAP
Snak  vs  Nugget O Silver
xenziiii  vs  BaitWiz
Aso  vs  Booty
tdog124  vs  RageClaus
Tanish  vs  Kizaco
ToasterBoi420  vs  leng loi
Divine10  vs  JohnLongGone
luisin  vs  DaMooster
Kayzn  vs  seroo
Davizx  vs  Indi01
clance2x  vs  Mihowk
feen  vs  Astral Regulator
GGTC  vs  Lightniong
a12qsd too  vs  DinoTheGoat
Wellhell  vs  MinTheMeteor
EPM  vs  AgencyIsOwn
Haziebien  vs  head0fthetable
Peum  vs  RTM
AmericanPi  vs  Sylveon used calm mind
Leru  vs  ZeroKitss
wil2403  vs  lydian
entrocefalo  vs  i am a mcrib
TheDougArt  vs  Staraptor
RiloBR  vs  Nichalho
julyzo  vs  Delta4
natsuzamaki  vs  BigFatMantis
sinnabyss  vs  lax
sleid  vs  Mr.Bossaru
byulharang  vs  Monai
tier  vs  Melbelle
HarmonyHatterene37  vs  czim
CW1999  vs  seth
MTri3x  vs  Pinecoishot
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  Jonen
Farce Of The Death  vs  Whammerist
JesusGameplays2  vs  Wesleyy
Dorron  vs  hidin
guys the ret  vs  Alexander IV
XYZ15  vs  Krytocon
Marshme1to  vs  TMM
dorilo78a  vs  Codename C.A.T
yo9000  vs  Amstan
FlygonNo.1  vs  KingKrash78
Poke aura burst$-&  vs  Mercupty
ilikeeatingcrayons  vs  JustCallMeFish
Fusion Flare  vs  KineSquared
StardustDragon123  vs  Drud
fish anemometer  vs  yomaalt
huh blue  vs  DarmanitanDLuffy
Nebula6442  vs  JustFranco
Banbadoro  vs  velenoso
bodi  vs  Sawkasm
It's classified  vs  Merleintje
RoyalReloaded  vs  Manan999
LpZ  vs  niminm
s1lveryo  vs  A Welcome Guest
Joyenfeu  vs  NDK
SHIMA  vs  Tav72
Strateg1c  vs  KeldeoCrowned
Nitro524  vs  IcyScream
Ninja  vs  Miasuarus
LancerBandit  vs  treeshhhh
DripLegend  vs  giove97
LeapsFrog  vs  Veti
ItzAndyPlayz  vs  Silensum
Ina fable  vs  weakestAgent
Huntu  vs  avaluggsimp
Akalli  vs  freezai
Alice Kazumi  vs  Gerrychu29
RickyZainer  vs  Zaeoy
Xr Kartana  vs  Inder
localdealerr  vs  ur moom suus
0.5Mirror  vs  BijouMode
SwordIsBored  vs  Jay is decent
Velociraptor09  vs  Lynakmk
Mcthelegit  vs  lotiasite
BaddyGames  vs  fiish
NoahTheGreat64  vs  diegoyuhhi
EhtishamEX  vs  Yabarta
xdRudi.exe  vs  Robyn
Portobello  vs  Sijih
Tbolt  vs  HarryOtter69
Slip  vs  Askov
Mimikyu Stardust  vs  gadessa2
Speed_Aqua  vs  Shady Icy
xxTermanato69  vs  pannu
Yeoka  vs  peepeepoopoo722
TheMemeHead  vs  Vholtninja
Jamez  vs  olivia7
F-00  vs  Limoule
Lacks  vs  jackubee
rylibes64  vs  Lily
KeanuGrindingArc  vs  Limit Evolution
AverageDragapultUser  vs  illegal in galar
Mylo Xyloto  vs  Don_Trabuco69
Chilly Winds  vs  Yellow Armchair
termnal  vs  Hydro_
1800saber  vs  bronzo
Kingsous  vs  czechbot
Bless  vs  Seraphz
zastra  vs  GeneralGalaxyGamer
BrawlPapi  vs  chuggachuggachooo
skimmythegod  vs  ChristianAg2
Bouff  vs  IDaHAN
JojenReed  vs  Naga_Mud
SerenadeSZ  vs  Eiscue_Sweeper
Qbking3  vs  Rasche
jb291  vs  PatheticAce
Bread Sandwich  vs  angl3r
tigershark/genius1  vs  Azluc On Top
Bestmaindragonite  vs  Fragments
Leo1x  vs  Arachis

Extension Deadline is: December 13th, 9:00 PM GMT-5
Deadline is: December 17th, 9:00 PM GMT-5

ALL REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED. THIS TOURNAMENT IS BEST OF 3. SCHEDULE VIA SMOGON.

Last edited:
Activity Win Request
I have been trying to schedule a match with my opponent for the past couple of days but they have not ben responding. When they did respond, we agreed on an extension for Monday at 1:30 pm -5. I have not heard back from them at all today. I tried getting in contact with them again asking if they were still ok with playing our matches on the agreed time, but I still haven't gotten a response, even now after our agreed on time.

Attachments

Trying to contact, my opponent limits who can see their account so I tried to send them a message on conversations yesterday, waiting on a response now

GG's I give peepeepoopoo722 the win. He beat me fair and square before I won the next set of B03. And he beat me once in the new set and he had a replay before of beating me, so if ya count that he actually won.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
won r2 against LancerBandit. first game we met each other on ladder accidentally and decided to make it count to the tournament so that's why its a ladder game. ggs to them.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2010360461?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2010364753
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2010369173
I've been running tournaments for over a decade in multiple competitive video games and I don't think I've ever seen this before, cool stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)