UU Balance by ShinyAzelf (Peaked #27 on Smogon University)

Hi everyone, this is my first UU RMT, and I am not going to put a lot into this RMT, because unlike a lot of people, I am not here to show off my team, but to do what the RMT forum is for, to get rates! My team is doing quite well, but there are some problem pokemon who have success against my team. Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy!

Team at a glance:

My team's objective is to set up as many hazards as possible with Deoxys-d, often with dual screen support from Xatu, then proceed to either force switches or attack them hard with my Weavile and Magneton.

Note: Changes made will be bolded

Now the details:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 48 SDef / 8 Spd / 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave / Rain Dance
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Chansey is my special wall of the team, and is also the Wish passer. Chansey absorbs special attacks very well, and takes physical attacks pretty well also thanks to Eviolite. The EV spread is random, and I only decided to maximize Defense, put 8 EVs in Speed, put some (ended up putting 48) EVs into Special Defense, and dump the rest into HP. It has been serving me quite well, but I'm sure there is a better EV spread. Thunder Wave is useful, allowing me to cripple opponents so they can be dealt with easier. Seismic Toss is a general attack, dealing consistent damage. Wish allows Chansey to heal both itself and its teammates, and Protect allows me to stall for a turn for Wish to activate, or for Toxic damage (if opponent is poisoned), or for scouting Choice users.

Considering: Aromatherapy over Thunder Wave maybe, new EV spread

Xatu (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk) / Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn / Psychic
- Reflect
- Light Screen / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Xatu is my only solution against entry hazards and I have no rapid spinner. Thanks to Magic Bounce, all hazards and status moves get reflected back which is incredibly useful. Xatu's main job is to reflect random non-damaging moves, and I find it switching in just to do that more than setting up dual screens. In fact, I find myself rarely using either attack, and end up only healing with Roost or scouting with U-turn. However, it is still a very important Pokemon, and I almost always play very carefully with it as one misplay may mean my opponent can set up however they wanted.

Considering: Two other moves > Dual Screens

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic / Recover
- Seismic Toss

Deoxys-D is essential to my team for spreading poison around the opposing team as well as setting up both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Both entry hazards help me, and they are set up in every single game. I usually have Stealth Rock and one or two layers of Spikes up, provided the opponent doesn't constantly preserve their rapid spinner. Seismic Toss is useful for breaking Substitutes, and also dealing damage in general.

Considering: Recover > Toxic

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Recover / Rest
- Toxic / Sleep Talk

Milotic is my bulky water, and is my first switch-in to powerful Fire-type attacks such as Victini's V-Create. Scald is useful, gaining STAB and also having a nice chance to burn the opponent. Dragon Tail phazes the opponent, preventing set-up sweepers from sweeping my team, and also helps with racking up entry hazard damage. Recover allows for more longevity, and is the reason why Milotic is almost always alive unless I decide to sacrifice it. Toxic to take out bulky Pokemon who cannot be taken out otherwise.

Considering: Again, better EV spread

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

Weavile is the first of my offensive core, having powerful STAB moves which is further boosted by Choice Band. Ice Punch is usually the move I start spamming because it is the most powerful, and hits many Pokemon for solid damage. Ice Shard is useful for picking up faster Pokemon such as Speed Boost Yanmega, and also takes out weakened Pokemon. Night Slash are for bulky Psychic types such as Deoxys-D and Slowbro, while Low Kick hits opposing Ice-types and Steel-types hard, such as Abomasnow and Empoleon, respectively.

Considering: Nothing really.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magneton is the second part of my offensive core, and is also my revenge killer (though rather slow for one). Magneton traps Steel-types well, especially the troublesome Choice Band Escavalier, who is OHKOed with Hidden Power Fire. Thunderbolt is a powerful and reliable STAB, though I very rarely find myself using it. Flash Cannon is for secondary STAB. Volt Switch allows me to scout for switch-ins, and forces switches which again hurts the opponent thanks to entry hazards. Hidden Power Fire is for Grass-types and Steel-types, hitting them for super effective damage.

Problems I face:

No Rapid Spinner: Yeah, Xatu is my only way to deal with entry hazards, one mispredict and I'm screwed. I really need to sort this out, but I'm not sure who to replace, because every Pokemon is so important.

No cleric: I'm thinking of putting Aromatherapy / Heal Bell on Chansey, taking out Toxic.

Crustle: I faced one, and yeah, its damn annoying. Want to reflect entry hazards? OHKOed by Rock Blast. Not switching to Xatu? Free entry hazards for my opponent, in which I can do nothing but to watch. I can threaten it with Milotic, but all that happens is they switch to Chansey, and Wish pass back to Crustle and continue to set up hazards. Thankfully, its quite rare.

Thats my RMT. Its not perfect, and I would really like suggestions.

Thank you!

-SA

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello. One major suggestion I think will help is to ditch U-turn on Xatu for Psychic. When you have a Xatu on your team, especially Dual Screen, momentum is the least of your worries. But more importantly, I can see slow and bulky Fighting types induce some serious wreckage on this team while a key member or two is gone (Deoxys getting 2HKOed by Payback, losing Milotic earlier than planned, etc.) Psychic on Xatu will cover you even in the aforementioned sticky situation, and it gives you something to do against Donphan and other walls that can't touch you rather than put Weavile's ass on the line all the time.

Also, here's a link to a Deoxys-D image.

And here's the sprite:

If we're gonna do RMTs, we gotta do 'em right.

Hey SA, this looks like a pretty good team. There's just one nitpick I'd like to make here.

Recover>>>Toxic on Deo-D. That thing needs recovery to stay alive for anyt length of time...very, very badly.

That's all.

Hey smashlloyd20. Toxic is my way of dealing with Hitmontop, who is forced to get badly poisoned if it is to spin away my hazards. However, I think I will try it.

Thanks!

You surprise me once again SA,

I just want to ask a question: If you're going to use eviolite on Chansey, why are you not maxing out your defense and special defense for maximum use.

Help this little n00000b out.

I asked for some opinions and now I've changed Chansey's EV spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with a Bold nature. Its working well!

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
just faced it and escavalier smashes it, so put hp fire on xatu probably. having magneton as your only check to it isn't really reliable...

shove rain dance on chansey > t wave or > toxic on deo so you have a better shot vs sun teams since it looks like tr vicintis annoying and you need to sac to get in weavile vs sawsbuck

oh and shove pursuit on weavile > ice punch so you can at least pursuit vicinti and stuff, otherwise they can just keep switching out if they figure you dont have it

oh and you can use taunt > seizmic toss on deo e too so you can come in and stop hitmontop from resting after its toxic'd

Okay, I'm not too big of an UU expert, but I know the basics, so here goes:

First, use Magnezone over Magneton. Magneton is kinda frail and not as powerful as Magnezone. This can mean MixKyurem can kick your ass as you don't have a safe switchin right now, but if you change Magneton to Magnezone you have a better chance at beating him. You can bassically use the same EVs and moveset as you have now on your Magneton.

Next, you really want to use Recover on Deoxys-D over Toxic. Deoxys-D is really bulky, yes, but he has few resistances and powerful neutral STAB attacks will eventually take him down before he can lay down all 4 layers of entry hazards. If you really want to keep Toxic though, consider using Flamethrower over Seismic Toss as it damages the Steel-types that are immune to Toxic with super effective damage, and it can also KO 252 HP Escavalier at 60% or lower.

Lastly, consider using Rest / Sleep Talk / Scald / Dragon Tail on your Milotic. You gain a sleep absorber, which is very useful with the new sleep mechanics. Second, when Milotic is statused, its Defense is boosted, which really helps you combating Victini, another threat to your team (and a common one too). Sleep Talk also removes Dragon Tail's negative priority, though that's not that important. And finally, Rest restores your HP 100%, which is useful as V-Create can outdamage Recover, while now you can Rest --> Sleep Talk, either phazing or doing heavy damage / burning. And maybe use Pursuit on Weavile over Night Slash or Ice Punch or something so you can trap Victini after a V-Create, as well as Celebi and Mew and stuff like that.

Good luck with your team!

Hi Tomahawk9, thanks for the detailed rate!

I'd definitely use Recover > Toxic, if only for the fact that I don't have a spin blocker to keep my hazards, and Toxic allows me to wear down Hitmontop, who will eventually die. With HP Fire on Xatu now, I think I'll pass on Flamethrower.

However, I do think I will try RestTalk Milotic, so thank you!

Okay, never mind the Magnezone thing, it isn't uu...

But anways, since Hitmontop can't really damage you as you resist Drain Punch / other STAB and it has no recovery move, you can also wear it down with Seismic Toss + Recover.

RestTalk Milo is the best Milo, I've ruined entire teams with it when I got rid of it's weakness. Sleep Talk is a bit random but almost nothing can 2HKO you. You'll be able to Rest stall like mad.

It also gives you protection to the dreaded Toxic, which would destroy any Milotic. It's also a great SLP taker, so you don't have to worry about losing a poke to that broken status.

PS: Don't forget to change Xatu's Item if you're getting rid of LS.

Yeah, I'm currently testing out RestTalk Milotic, thanks.

3 extra turns of Reflect is useful though, but I'll consider running Leftovers.

Thanks!

Sup SA, I played against you a while ago with this team. Close match but you won; a very good game. It's a good team.

This is kind of an odd suggestion, but you mentioned that you find not having a Rapid Spinner to be awkward; maybe consider Eviolite Pineco over Deoxys-D? I realize it'll be worn down quickly without Leftovers and it certainly has disadvantages, but it's the only thing that comes to mind that can do spikes, SR, and rapid spin. Also, not being weak to Megahorn makes it a much safer switch into Heracross than Deoxys-D. Just a suggestion, though. I realize it's kinda weird.

Weavile REALLY wants Pursuit, especially CB Weavile. Nothing that you're going to want to be hitting with Night Slash (Victini especially) is ever going to stay in on it, and they can easily switch to something like Hitmontop to eat the attack. Pursuit ruins so many things, as well as allows you to trap weakened Vulpix or Abomasnow for the KO, which allows you to bring in Chansey to change the weather and completely disable Sun/Hail teams. Definitely consider making this change. Your team is really solid though, nice one!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In terms of Chanseys EV spread it already has a shitload of HP so you could certainly try out max defense/special defense. If you dont fin that to your liking just play with the HP SpDef balance but Chansey shoud always be max Def Bold at the least..

If Xatu really isn't pulling its weight with screens, a psycho shift+flame orb trick might work in crippling that Crustle you occasionally have to deal with. It also stops problematic pokemon like Hitmontop cold (or at least it forces people to switch to clerics that Weavile can handle).

You can't run Aromatherapy and Wish on Chansey at the same time unfortunately.

Other then that it seems like a pretty good team!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this team covers most threats really well. That is a good thing, but I also think that is this team's biggest problem. Sure, you can respond to most threats in the metagame, but do you plan on doing anything else? How does this team plan to win? I don't know what this team is trying to accomplish. What Pokemon are you aiming for a sweep? If none of your Pokemon are trying to sweep, then are you trying to stall? If so, why haven't you got a spin-blocker? Seriously, once they take down Xatu (or simply outpredict you) and get a layer or two of Toxic Spikes up, you are gone. The fact that your team doesn't accomplish much and just sits there begs things like Crocune to come in and Calm Mind all over your face and you can do absolutely nothing about it.

So yeah, this team needs a focus. If you trying to go on the offensive, get a couple of sweepers (Weavile and Magneton are not good enough, I assure you). If this is supposed to be a stall team, get yourself a spin-blocker and possibly a Rapid Spinner. I don't want to try and replace any Pokemon on your team just yet, since I'll probably spoil that really good core of yours. It's probably something you should think about yourself.

For Weavile, why dont you run Adamant Nature since Weavile outspeeds almost anything in UU?

For a reliable spinner, try Donphan since its a great wall and you can set up rocks and spin away other rocks.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a thought on the Spinblocker thing that you seem to be a bit concerned with(Hitmontop mainly), you ever tried Froslass? Can set up Spikes, block Spinning and threaten most Spinners with STAB Ice Beam to their weaker defense stat and stops Hitmontop that use Rest and Foresight with Taunt. Froslass would only fear Stone Edge from it. Never used it myself, but it is a thought if anything else... Fighting immunity is cool too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)