Signups UMPL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Clementine

Manager sign ups of Unofficial Metagame Premier League III

Host: Theia

This tournament will feature 4 unofficial metagames: AG, 2v2 Doubles, NFE, and ZU. It will also feature 1v1 as a legacy slot. It will be a premier league format where 8 different teams will face each other in 8 intense battles each week. You can find more information in the info/admin thread, but the tier lineup is as follows:
This is the thread for managers to sign up alongside their assistant manager. We are looking for people with great experience in at least one of these tiers, previous manager experience, and we really encourage a diversity of tiers played between a manager & their assistant manager to have the most balanced team. Manager and their assistants are both allowed to purchase themselves as players for 15,000 per person.

The duty of managers and assistant managers are:

- Buying a team with at least 11 slots (8 starters and 3 subs).
- Sending lineups in time.
- Making sure every game is scheduled for and played.
- Facilitating substitutions if it is necessary.

Code:
Signup Format

Manager:
Assistant manager:
Team Name:
Bio:
There is a Custom Avatar reward this year!!

Signups will close on Sunday, September 3rd.

Manager: btboy
Assistant manager: Tuthur
Team Name: Sacred Sakura
Bio: Tuthur and I are currently managing together in ZUPL after managing separate teams last ZUPL. This year, we secured the #2 seed in playoffs. We both have substantial managerial experience and familiarity with the OMs community (ZU in particular).

seroo

c'est la vie
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: seroo
Assistant manager: Career Ended
Team Name: Suave Shadow Riders
Bio: We think we would be a good pair of managers for a variety of reasons, first and foremost that we both have previous experience managing, myself in the ongoing TPP and Career in a previous NFEPL and ongoing AAAPL. We both have experience playing for the past OMPL where 2v2 and AG were slots played, so we've seen what the preparation of those tiers currently entails. Career Ended also has a lot of recent experience in 1v1, going 2-2 this 1v1pl. We also have pretty flexible time zones being +2/-4 so if need for any subs or if any problems happen one of us will probably be around at all times. Additionally we've also both been players in many different leagues such as myself in BSSPL, BLT and NDMPL and Career in ROAPL and WCOR so we have a very good impression of the current player bases and know how to contribute to a winning team environment. So in short ; between the both of us we understand and know not only the player base but the tiers themselfs due to managing or playing in tours with the tiers chosen.

Screenshot_20230902_221634_Canva.jpg

Last edited:
Manager: Dybala jr
Assistant Manager: Airi
Team Name: Petalblade Guardians
Bio: I've managed a lot of events in hispanic community since 2016, and currently im exploring more environments and managing some tours in Smogon, some of these events are like LJDA 1, LJDA 2, NUWC, BSSPL, and currently EPL. My partner Airi have more experience than me in some areas and he have won a lot of things, he has experience as manager in WCOP, ORASPL, not smogon related events like PPPL, BKCPL (he won), and third times in CTF, he is also an amazing player and he has played in tournaments like SSPL, SMPL and ORASPL. :D

FAFD1DE9-BBA6-4DE0-803D-C681E761F109.jpeg
Manager : Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Assistant Manager : Ballfire
Team name : blazing hot Blazikens
Bio : Ballfire played ag for a few years and have participated in several ag team and solo tours. Notable accomplishments include winning agpl with duskmanes, and making it to top 4 of the ag circuit
I participated in the ompl this year as captain, I've been playing nfe for several years and I'm interested in the meta, I participated in ss in the nfe pl and made a 4-1 with my team we had were finalist !
Mascot : mega blaziken
we are making a logo I will probably put it before Friday in this post!

Last edited:
Manager: Mada
Assistant manager: IoSonoNeon
Team Name: Majestic Meowscaradas
Bio: I managed several tours and always did well in tours like MPL, Teamballo, BSSWC, whereas having a lot of experience as a player in other tours like wcop and zupl. Neon has also been a good manager by managing several tours as well like RBYPL and NFEPL. We know almost all tiers very well and their playerbase too, despite being good friends and keeping the team active.

Manager: Farce Of The Death
Assistant manager: entrocefalo
Team name: Voltcrasher Miraidons :miraidon:
Bio: We recently managed AGPL together and finished 2nd in the points table and reach playoff. I'm the recent AGLT winner and Entrocefalo is ULT, UPL winner. We both have been part of plenty of team tours and know what it takes to manage and win. We are confident of providing a fun and competitive environment to our team members if we are picked as a manager. :blobuwu:

IoSonoNeon

The Fallen King
is a Tutoris an Artistis a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Mada
Assistant manager: IoSonoNeon
Team Name: Majestic Meowscaradas
Bio: I managed several tours and always did well in tours like MPL, Teamballo, BSSWC, whereas having a lot of experience as a player in other tours like wcop and zupl. Neon has also been a good manager by managing several tours as well like RBYPL and NFEPL. We know almost all tiers very well and their playerbase too, despite being good friends and keeping the team active.
confirming

Manager: Fantos13
Assistant manager: Medeia
Team Name: tbd / Placeholder: Spectral Riders
Bio: Goood Morning people! Medeia and I are a great team, always on a wavelength. While I have a lot of managing experience; having managed BWPL and GSCPL twice each, going to playoffs in all but one as well as having managed a successful Ubers Worlds as my first tour back then, and having a good overall grasp on all the tiers, especially NFE and ZU Medeia knows the playerbases. She's a ZU pro, having had several good showings over the last years and always adapting to whatever she's been tasked with. We would make a great managing team for this, being able to provide full support in every tier and drafting a winning squad.

Hugo

Rain Main (+2 GMT)
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Hugo

Assistant manager: Despacito87

Team Name: Doom Desire Jirachi's

Bio: Despacito and I have a long history together in 2v2, both in managing and playing in tours. We made it to ompl finals this year and had the best combined 2v2 record there and have many other wins/top placements in tours. Both of us have played quite some (team and solo) tournaments and we know what the tournament curtsies are, Despacito has managed one time before and I have managed twice. Both of us know how to create a competitive but also enjoyable team atmosphere. I would describe both of us as solid team players and overall I believe we are very qualified and can run a successful team even though it will be out first UMPl. I think this would be a great chance to get some fresh meat into the managing sphere for UMs

Last edited:
Manager : Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Assistant Manager : Ballfire
Team name : blazing hot Blazikens
Bio : Ballfire played ag for a few years and have participated in several ag team and solo tours. Notable accomplishments include winning agpl with duskmanes, and making it to top 4 of the ag circuit
I participated in the ompl this year as captain, I've been playing nfe for several years and I'm interested in the meta, I participated in ss in the nfe pl and made a 4-1 with my team we had were finalist !
Mascot : mega blaziken
we are making a logo I will probably put it before Friday in this post!
confirming

Manager: Hugo

Assistant manager: Despacito87

Team Name: Doom Desire Jirachi's

Bio: Despacito and I have a long history together in 2v2, both in managing and playing in team tours. We made it to ompl finals this year and had the best combined 2v2 record there and have many other wins/top placements in tours. Both of us have played quite some (team and solo) tournaments and we know what the tournament curtsies are, Despacito has managed one time before and I have managed twice. Both of us know how to create a competitive but also enjoyable team atmosphere. I would describe both of us as solid team players and overall I believe we are very qualified and can run a successful team even though it will be out first UMPl. I think this would be a great chance to get some fresh meat into the managing sphere for UMs
confirming

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: Fragments
Assistant manager: ojr
Team Name: Star Plasma Vessels
Bio: Myself + ojr combined bring the most tour experience and meta knowledge to the table outta everyone. I went 5-2 in both 1v1pl and ompl playing 2v2, I also played in both agpl and zupl while ojr was top nfe record in ompl at 6-3. I managed UMPL last year making semis with ojr on my team who I must mention was the most supportive and positive member of the entire team + he prepped multiple slots every week. I have also managed 1v1pl, 2v2pl, BLT, CAPPL, CCC, and RBTT (3x) having only ever missed playoffs twice in all the tours I've managed. We can guanratee the strongest possible draft with quality prep support for every tier bolstered by our deep knowledge of these communities and ability to create a fun and energetic team environment.

Last edited:

sundays

tired dreaming
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: sundays
Assistant manager: Faaagamer
Team Name: Littleroot Lilligants
Bio: I've managed in PSPL XI, currently managing TPP V, AAAPL I and HPL IV. I had played SV AG in the most recent OMFL, 1v1 in PSPL and have occassionally played 2v2 and NFE. Faaagamer is a former 1v1 mainer, playing 1v1 in a few iterations of HPL, has played ZU quite a bit and is basically a jack of all trades who can support every single slot. We both have really good chemistry and will definitely make this an enjoyable experience for our teammates if given the chance.

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)