Announcement SV Ubers Reservation Index 2.1.1 - Full Scale (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!)

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
korai.png

thank you aurora for the amazing artwork of the Scale Shot mon
Enough games. No more DLC. Maybe 1-2 hidden 'mons remain but we'll write them, too. With a brand new metagame in our hands, a QC team that has never agreed on more than 1 slash on any mon ranked C or lower and 3 mods who hate doing their jobs, this is the perfect opportunity to shift away from preview and go into full analyses. Just like before, we will be utilizing slates based on Pokemon's Viability Ranking placement and moving down the list. However, since not every Pokemon is created equal and the metagame shifts haven't affected everyone the same, we will be approaching every Pokemon on a case-by-case scenario as to what exactly needs to be re-written.

A big difference from preview analyses is that we will now be including the Overview, Other Options, and Checks & Counters sections. These will be added to the analysis writing of whatever is considered the most "important" set, aka the first set.
We're also going to be allowing QC members and Smogon Contributors to reserve an entire Pokemon no matter how many sets it has; this is because we believe that having already demonstrated that they're knowledgeable about the writing process and/or the Ubers metagame should be rewarded.
However, to keep the QC and GP process succinct, I am gonna be enforcing that each thread can only have up to 2 sets or the Overview, Other Options and Checks and Counters sections. This way, everything is gonna (hopefully) move along smoothly. What this means in practice is, if Fc decides he wants to write Koraidon, he can reserve it BUT he will have to make multiple threads, each containing a maximum of 2 sets.

Newcomers to C&C are advised to check out the following guides to prepare themselves for the section:

Welcome to Contributions and Corrections
New Terms introduced in Gen 9
Gen 8 Analysis Formatting Tips (just as a rough starting point)
Plagiarism Warnings (just don't do it)
Spelling and Grammar Standards (make things easier for the GP team by following this)

Format for Full analyses:

[OVERVIEW]

In the Overview you want to generalize what the Pokemon in question accomplishes in the metagame and where it stands. You will also want to cover its drawbacks and anything else that may hold it back. This should be a pretty basic recap of the Pokemon, an overview typically does not need to be much longer than 7 or 8 sentences, though of course this varies from Pokemon to Pokemon and compromises can be made.

[SET]

[Set Name] (Pokemon name) @ [Item]
Ability: [Ability]
Tera Type: [Type]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
IVs: [IVs] (optional)
- [Move 1]
- [Move 2]
- [Move 3]
- [Move 4]

[SET COMMENTS]

The Set Comments section will often consist of 2 paragraphs. In the first paragraph you should go over the specifics of this set. Explain things that are not self explanatory: does your Tera Type allow you to survive an otherwise ugly matchup? Do your EVs allow you to get a specific KO/2HKO, survive a specific hit, or outspeed a key threat and/or wall? Why are you using these specific moves? Remember, not everything needs an explanation; talking about why Miraidon is running Draco Meteor isn't necessary, nor is an EV explanation that is max/max.

In the second paragraph you should talk about potential teammates and what makes them useful. Cover Pokemon that can patch up the analyzed Pokemon's weakness and mention Pokemon that benefit from the analyzed Pokemon's presence. You get the point.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

In the Other Options paragraph you can note any other options that are usable, yet not considered viable enough to be mentioned in the set comments. If there are none, feel free to keep this empty. Trying to fill this paragraph with bad options for the sake of it is detrimental to the user reading the analysis's experience.

Checks and Counters
====

**Insert Threat Here**: You should describe why the Pokemon is a threat. Please do keep in mind that it is often easier to insert whole typings and then specify the Pokemon of such type that are threats; this makes it much easier to keep track of this section for the audience.

**Insert Threat Here**: You should describe why the Pokemon is a threat. Order threats by potency and viability.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
[your profile link]
Quality checked by:
[QC checker 1's profile link]
[QC checker 2's profile link]
Grammar checked by:
[GP checker's profile link]

if you are only writing one or two sets, you do not need to include the overview/OO/C&C sections!
Reservation Rules
  • Anyone is able to reserve up to two SETS at a time. Badgeholders and QC members can reserve more if they wish (four being the maximum amount). After you get past the QC stage and go into the GP stage, you may reserve additional sets. This is subject to vetoing.
  • Those who have already shown to be trustworthy by contributing to C&C at large and/or Ubers get to reserve an entire Pokemon instead of a set.
  • Me, Fc, and Eledyr will be discussing with the QC team and be posting reservation slates for what is available to write. This means that you can't go ahead and write for a C- ranked Pokemon just because it's your favorite, you have to be a bit patient.
  • Once you figure out which Pokemon you want to reserve, post in this thread. Under the circumstances that the index isn't updated, be sure to pay attention to recent posts to see what's taken. Please include the set you plan to write about, preferably in the format posted above (no need for a write-up or the credits, just an importable from Showdown works). If you aren't sure about EVs on a certain set, we have sample sets on the dex for that reason!
  • Do not edit your posts if you wish to uphold your reservation or reserve an additional Pokemon.
  • This should be common sense, but only reserve a set if you have a good amount of knowledge about it and experience with the metagame.
  • If you have written for a Pokemon in the past and are writing for it now, do not copy and paste lines from your old analysis.
  • IMPORTANT: Do not start a thread if your reservation hasn't been approved! You risk getting it deleted!
Analysis Thread Tags
When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:

[WIP] - Work in Progress: The analysis is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate. Keep in mind that the longer your analysis stays in WIP stage, the greater the chance of it being reassigned. Please avoid making comments in these threads until they are ready unless it's something very important.
[Quality Control] - Quality Control Ready: In the thread title, include [QC 0/2]. Make sure you update the thread title with the number of QC checks you currently have. The analysis should be in bulletpoints before you receive your first QC stamp. After you obtain your first stamp, the analysis can be written up completely.
[Copyediting] - Grammar-Prose Ready: In the set title, include [GP 0/1]. The two required QC approvals have been met. The Grammar-Prose team now takes over. When you are ready for GP to check your analysis, please tag GP Team in your analysis so that the bot can put it into the queue.
[Done] - After the analysis gets a GP stamp, the analysis is ready for upload.

**Update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.

Moderation and QC Team
This subforum is currently led by myself (Lasen), Fc, and Eledyr. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

The QC team aim to stamp approval on previews that meet our quality standards. Our QC team is composed of the following members:
Taka (Ubers C&C Leader)
Lasen (Ubers C&C Leader)
Eledyr (Ubers C&C Leader)
Aberforth
corvere
Manaphy
ox04
SiTuM
Fc

We will also add AMQC members here, contact me or Fc if you wish to join the team! Their checks do not give a stamp but it's a good way to make both the official QC team's lives easier and get things going faster.

Reservation List
After reserving a Pokemon, you must post your analysis in a timely fashion. Your analysis thread must be up in 48 hours (2 days) or your reservation will be dropped. After that, you have 3 days to get it QC ready. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting up your thread within this time frame, notify a QC member via Discord. Do not reserve an analysis you don't have time to write. Badgeholders may request to reserve an entire Pokemon, regardless of numbers of sets.

Arceus - various sets
Ho-Oh - Offensive
Zacian-C*
Kyogre - Scarf

Kyogre

*revamps basically mean you don't need to add too much new info, just update it for the current metagame and of course add Overview, Other Options, and Checks and Counters sections.

Koraidon
Miraidon
Eternatus
Giratina-O
Gliscor
Ting-Lu
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Arceus-Fairy
Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Water
Deoxys-A
Flutter Mane

The current slate can be found in the Reservation List above, as well as the announcements thread. If it doesn't have someone's name next to it, feel free to request a set.
We recommend asking any questions in our #dex-analyses channel in the Ubers Discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
I am yoinking Scale Shot Koraidon and Agility Eternatus (based)

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Ghost / Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Substitute / Taunt / Low Kick

Eternatus @ Power Herb
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Meteor Beam
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower

Low Kick first Slash and Sludge bomb slashed after fthrower and you're good - Lasen

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
defensive:ho-oh:plz
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Tera Type: Ground / Fairy
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Recover

tera fairy slash and you're good to go, saddled with overview etc tho - Lasen

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
defensive:ho-oh:plz
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Recover
actually, pass offensive :ho-oh: as well
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge / Whirlwind
- Earthquake / Tera Blast

Could have sworn I answered this, no tera rock it's bad, Flame Charge first slash and same tera types as defensive

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Looking to take the rest of Koraidon if that's cool Lasen-sama :toast:

All good

OreoSpeedruns

is a Tiering Contributor
Could I get Mixed LO DeoA

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Low Kick
- Shadow Ball
- Rock Slide

good to go

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
I'd like to take the standard Choice Scarf Kyogre set!! :Kyogre: :choice scarf:

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

I currently don't have any other move in my mind, if possible do suggest some additions!!

Go ahead

Bella

Tears over Beers
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
may i try my hand at ekiller arceus (just going to use the set from the analysis outline already on site, not sure if thatll cause issues)

go for it, we’ll follow up later

Bella

Tears over Beers
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
let me get Choice Specs Flutter Mane if thats fine

Sure, edit this with the set though so I can confirmed

set:
Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Ghost
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire / Memento
- Psyshock

Last edited:

OreoSpeedruns

is a Tiering Contributor
would like LO Flutter and defensive Ho-Oh, please and thank you!

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Stellar / Fairy
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Calm Mind / Psyshock / Mystical Fire

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Fairy / Ground / Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Recover

no speed creep on Ho-Oh (not allowed) and I'll get back to you on the FM set -Lasen

Last edited:
I would be interested in Physical Giratina-O

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Core
Level: 100
Adamant Nature
Tera Type: Steel
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 24 SpD / 60 Spe or 48 HP / 176 Atk / 224 Def / 60 Spe
- Poltergeist
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
- Defog / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp

Can you tell us what these EV spreads do?

I’ll take anything available ;)

consider you posted the same thing in a diff section we're gonna deny this until you pick a set

Scarf Etern hasn't been done yet and I'd like to take it, this is the base set I had in mind (also talked about this already on discord, if you scroll up you'll see):
Eternatus @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

OK but we should focus on more conventional sets moving forward :)

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Special gira, will post set in a bit but should be same rvs as physical with spatk dump

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
offensive ho-oh

speed for max ada ndm (can just make it gliscor speed as well, can discuss on cord)
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ground / Flying
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Recover

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
CHOICE BAND HO-OH (CHAD SHIT)

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 208 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz / Whirlwind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)