Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last list was best in the meta but it's time to list the real most goated Pokémon of dlc 1:

10. :Milotic: - fell off a bit at the end but nailing dudes with mirror coat and hazing Ghold and spamming scald till it dies is sweet, as is accepting paralysis for the stat boost

9. :Clodsire: - an unlikely hero after the murder of Gliscor, rose up to compress special unaware, haze, electric immunity, and spikes into one slot, and it has a better matchup vs Ghold than Gliscor did!

8. :Weezing-Galar: - this thing is anti meta to a really cool extent and nullifys so many dudes niches while spreading burn around.

7. :Muk-Alola: - another really cool anti meta Mon, really weirdly tough to break down and hits way hard

6. :Mandibuzz: - laughs at Kingambit in a pretty amusing way and can spread toxic around and blanket check physical attackers. Maybe someday even defog.

5. :Talonflame:- this thing is gas, the best switch in for both Rillacheap and Kingambit in existence, afraid of knock off which is ass but if you're worried about the hazard damage spam fast roost so they will keep attacking until they activate flame body or double when they switch, or if you have a chance hit defog - which Ghold doesn't dare switch into!

4. :Dondozo: - this thing walls everything - you have so much less fear if you have a dondozo

3. :Alomomola: - the fact that this has flip turn and scald now is so sick. I used to regard this as a shitmon for years but now this thing is so good. Physdef ones are amazing and wish heals the team up So Much

2. :Blissey: - one of the easiest Pokémon to use of all time, and does its job like perfectly, natural cure is also an amazing ability

1. :Clefable: - maybe the greatest Pokémon of all time, this thing is so versatile, calm mind unaware is actually murdererous, it can do the stupid stored power charge beam thing, has Knock! and even can throw around rocks and t waves AND wish up the team! Fairy type is also broken af lol. In fact I'd say Probably the greatest Pokémon of all time

Top 10 mons in dlc1:

10 :slowking-galar:perfect pivot, does so much and checks so much
9 :ting-lu:gholdengo makes this shit amazing, both as a partner and a check to it, also u need something to handle zapdos
8 :ogerpon-wellspring:potent and versatile, really hard to switch into. many people think she is broken, i dont think so but i get it, its amazing
7 :iron-valiant:the second best clean-up artist in the tier, 1000 sets, imposible to go wrong with this thing
6 :rillaboom:grass monke is amazing despite the nerf: has a kill button with wood hammer tera grass and makes a million pokemon a million times better bc of the terrain, sometimes feels a bit cheap tbh
5 :zapdos:defining mon, u need to prepeare for zapdos or it will simply dominate and even when u do static+hurricane hax happens, basically requieres a non tusk ground to handle it reliably
4 :great-tusk: the face of the tier i would argue, best and only spinner, offensive/deffensive threat and most importanly: the best check to the best mon in the tier kingambit. it will suffer once gliscor returns but come on, its great tusk
3 :gholdengo:happens to be a bit broken with all the hazards problem, cant believe it hasnt been suspect tested yet
2 :dragapult:u know pult, nothing to say here, most spammable mon in the tier i would argue
1 :kingambit:shit is broken, i still cant understand that this thing hasnt been banned, the problem with gambit is that it checks so much that if it goes the tier would go crazy, but i don care, kingambit is ridiculous and the best mon in the tier by far

Last edited:
Realistically the most immediately broken stuff (Flutter Mane, Eleki, Bax/Hearthflame) will be banned rght after release but any suspects or other action will prob happen around then based on the timeline were running on
I haven't seen anything saying flutter eleki or hearthflame would be unbanned at all, though eleki deserves a shot as much as darkrai does. :)

Palafin really could use a shot too... having never existed with walking wake and waterpom. Nintendo tried to balance palafin with dlc1 but we didn't listen hahaha

I haven't seen anything saying flutter eleki or hearthflame would be unbanned at all, though eleki deserves a shot as much as darkrai does. :)

Palafin really could use a shot too... having never existed with walking wake and waterpom. Nintendo tried to balance palafin with dlc1 but we didn't listen hahaha
Close combat has left the chat.

Avoiding a one liner, yeah 160 atk pokemon using a 120 bp move that isn't even stab is going to hurt.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
So how do you people feel about tera now that the DLC1 experience is coming to a closure?
Its neat. I did hope that the 19th type (gonna call it cosmic because fuck why not) would be like, a second Tera you could do
but now i sorta just want cosmic to be a quaint, typeless neutral type.

I was saying anything comparably broken that comes with DLC2 will be banned around the same time as them, and any following suspects/bans will happen closer to New Year's

My last list was best in the meta but it's time to list the real most goated Pokémon of dlc 1:

10. :Milotic: - fell off a bit at the end but nailing dudes with mirror coat and hazing Ghold and spamming scald till it dies is sweet, as is accepting paralysis for the stat boost

9. :Clodsire: - an unlikely hero after the murder of Gliscor, rose up to compress special unaware, haze, electric immunity, and spikes into one slot, and it has a better matchup vs Ghold than Gliscor did!

8. :Weezing-Galar: - this thing is anti meta to a really cool extent and nullifys so many dudes niches while spreading burn around.

7. :Muk-Alola: - another really cool anti meta Mon, really weirdly tough to break down and hits way hard

6. :Mandibuzz: - laughs at Kingambit in a pretty amusing way and can spread toxic around and blanket check physical attackers. Maybe someday even defog.

5. :Talonflame:- this thing is gas, the best switch in for both Rillacheap and Kingambit in existence, afraid of knock off which is ass but if you're worried about the hazard damage spam fast roost so they will keep attacking until they activate flame body or double when they switch, or if you have a chance hit defog - which Ghold doesn't dare switch into!

4. :Dondozo: - this thing walls everything - you have so much less fear if you have a dondozo

3. :Alomomola: - the fact that this has flip turn and scald now is so sick. I used to regard this as a shitmon for years but now this thing is so good. Physdef ones are amazing and wish heals the team up So Much

2. :Blissey: - one of the easiest Pokémon to use of all time, and does its job like perfectly, natural cure is also an amazing ability

1. :Clefable: - maybe the greatest Pokémon of all time, this thing is so versatile, calm mind unaware is actually murdererous, it can do the stupid stored power charge beam thing, has Knock! and even can throw around rocks and t waves AND wish up the team! Fairy type is also broken af lol. In fact I'd say Probably the greatest Pokémon of all time
I know you're a Big Stall™ enjoyer but it's a bit uncouth to make your whole top 10 the stall agents, and even if you were going to do that where is Agent :Wo-Chien: who recently got to #1 on the ladder in an RMT

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
My last hurrah:

Would Dialga-Origin be ok to drop after the meta settles?
252+ Atk Quark Drive Iron Valiant Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga-Origin: 476-564 (117.8 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dialga-Origin: 400-472 (99 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

I like this atmosphere. End of the world and everyone's just chilling. Nice to have the reminder sometimes that we're all friends, or at least friendly, and we just get worked up over posting here cause we care a lot about this game and how we play. I'm really glad I'm part of Smogon.

Also I second unbanning Dialga-Origin because it would be like really fucking funny. Objective confirmation that it gets worse in its new powered-up form. Could you imagine.

How the hell do we unban Dialga-O without unbanning Dialga itself? (which would be broken as sh!t, that thing is great in UUbers)

Keep it simple, no complex bans, you have 5 seconds, go!

I like this atmosphere. End of the world and everyone's just chilling. Nice to have the reminder sometimes that we're all friends, or at least friendly, and we just get worked up over posting here cause we care a lot about this game and how we play. I'm really glad I'm part of Smogon.

Also I second unbanning Dialga-Origin because it would be like really fucking funny. Objective confirmation that it gets worse in its new powered-up form. Could you imagine.
Cries in oricorio and unovan darm zen mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)