Resource SV OU Bazaar - Teal Mask Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup, got 1500 with this team, but I still have some struggles with some matchups.

Namely, Gliscor and Cinderace.

Gliscor can just get poison heal up so easily and treatment to toxic one of my sweepers.

Cinderace, I don't seem to find anyone that can OHKO him. So he always get court change up.
Plus he has an set with will-o-wisp.

Wich makes me scared of bringing Roaring moon to use him as setup fodder.

https://pokepast.es/58c806f5df09c18d

Hey guys back with another fun team, this team is the one I was especially looking forward to posting as it gave a huge success, almost making me hit 1600s for the 2nd time.

Mindless Webs+Bulky Cinder HO
:ribombee: :gholdengo: :iron valiant: :ogerpon-wellspring: :cinderace: :dragonite:

https://pokepast.es/909383dd1ab1602e

Teambuilding
This team was an idea I had ever since webs teams started gaining popularity. I wanted to experiment with webs but also with a super unorthodox (for this team) hazard control mon, Cinderace. I first used a bulky Cinder set w/o Court Change (for obvious reasons), but soon found myself struggling against hazards. Then I started using Court Change and found alright success.

Team Preview
(All sets are given in the pokepaste)
Ribombee: Sets up webs and stun spores for easy openings
Gholdengo: Hazard Control and Momentum breaker using Air Balloon against ground types.
Iron Valiant: Mixed Attacker, which is very useful as many valiants lean towards to either physical or special and Kingambits trying to predict which one will it be get punished thanks to Close Combat.
Ogerpon-Wellspring: Main mon of the team and a Kryptonite for rain teams.
Cinderace: Bulky version survives one Kowtow Cleave and locks down Gambit thanks to Will-O-Wisp and the hazard control catalyst of team.
Dragonite: A common ou staple and secondary speed control using Extreme Speed which makes it a potent setup sweeper.

Counters
Hazards: Although this team has a hazard control mon, this team becomes hazard weak if webs have been already setup. Since, Cinderace is quite a faux pas hazard control for these type of teams, hazards do become a problem.

Conclusion
I hope I can reach reach 1700s with this team and have even more success. Peace out until then!

Last edited:
Trick Room
:Slowking-galar::Hatterene::Cresselia::Ursaluna::Kingambit::Samurott-Hisui:
Free wins into most of the teams on ladder.

:Slowking-galar: Sets vs all Fairies. NP dual stab is really hard for defensive teams w/o gholdengo.
:Hatterene: Offensive TR Lead. You don't need Double healing wish...I think. Preserve sash is you see they are a team of cheesy setup
:Cresselia: Just a fat thing that clicks Trick Room and then Lunar Dance.
:Ursaluna: Just too strong. You can't wall this. Especially dumb when it gets two chances to click Swords Dance with Lunar Dance.
:Kingambit: OP. Not much counterplay to Tera-Flying + Lum. Cleans up when the bear doesn't.
:Samurott-Hisui: Full SpD AV. Give you spikes and a free switch into Gholdengo. Usually a pain for TR to get both of these things. I run Brick Break and Aqua Jet in the last slots. This could also be Sucker Punch.

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui: 46-54 (11.9 - 14%) -- possible 8HKO
bruh 252 SpA Choice Specs Protosynthesis Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Samurott-Hisui in Sun: 128-151 (33.3 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

EVs are totally unoptimized on every single pokemon. Pls let me know if you find ideal spreads. Don't lose to :Maushold:.
yeah nice team but where's the pokepaste

Semisand fat Hstack
https://pokepast.es/692df36a94a8e3ac

This is a balance team built around AV Tyranitar.
I feel Ttar is an underrated pick right now due to its many favourable matchups against almost all meta special attackers:
:dragapult: :iron-moth: :heatran: :hatterene: :ninetales-alola: :slowking-galar: :zapdos: :moltres: :skeledirge: :thundurus-therian: :tornadus-therian:
Ttar can also win the 1v1 against :enamorus: :gholdengo: :greninja: and special :iron-valiant:
Sand is also generally a nice anti-weather that basically counter-teams Veil and Sun HO teams, which relatively passive teams like this otherwise struggle with, and it has good synergy with Magic Guard and Garganacl (for the spdef boost).

:tyranitar: is running spdef AV with stabs + heavy slam for fairies + ice beam for gliscor/tusk/lando
:clefable: is physdef wishpass rocks. which covers for Ttar's weakness to many physical attackers (especially fightings), and also
wishpasses to her teammates. protect also has nice synergy with sand chip.
:garganacl: is a pretty standard ID Garg that has extra physdef for the otherwise rough Gambit matchup - sand covers for the extra bulk. Tera Water is for Ghold, Wake, Manaphy, and IH Gambit. worth noting it will start taking sand chip when you tera, though. boots needed since i have no removal.
:gholdengo: blocks fog and spin and twaves setup mons.
:sinistcha: is a wincon but also a second spinblocker and the closest thing to a Rilla+Ogerpon counter. boots needed since no removal.
:gliscor: gets the spikes up, removes opposing boots, spams protect to rack up sand chip, and pivots out to teammates.

potential changes: i really wanna fit Tusk somewhere here for spin and sand immunity and to improve the Gambit matchup but if i drop Gliscor I lose Spikes and idk if such a hazard reliant team can afford to drop Ghold here. but hey if Gliscor gets banned (which it should) the community will make the decision for me

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Folks. I Have Cooked. Do Not Use This If You Are Sane.

Gonna make this my first Bazaar post as this is far too terrible to make an RMT on and I don't have the mental fortitude to actually ladder any higher with this but I have brought the Strongest Offensive Core Ever Seen to the 1700s and, in my infinite wisdom and out of the kindness of my heart, I would like to share this technology with the people. Presenting...

Alolem - Leaves Grass Spam

:sv/Golem_Alola: :sv/Iron_Leaves: :sv/Rillaboom: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Samurott_Hisui: :sv/Hatterene:

:Golem_Alola:: Some may ask. What does Alolem even do ? The Answer ? Yeah. Banded with Wild Charge - Brick Break - HHP - Stealth Rock is a really stupid set but you trap, outspeed and OHKO Gambit and non-offensive Heatran while doing a ton of damage to Corviknight (72-86% to PhysDef), enabling your other mons to sweep, and Stealth Rock is good in matchups where you can leverage its typing against things like Zapdos to force a switch as Zap can be an issue for this team without Rocks up. Even if the opponent Teras to escape the trap they'll be dropping the Steel typing, granting openings for the rest of the team to break through. Tera really isn't needed tbh but Fighting can help vs a Gambit that's got a couple SD's up and so threatens the Sucker Punch kill. This mon may be pretty terrible in general but the natural bulk isn't too bad, and it's the only trapper in the tier that actually threatens an immediate OHKO on both Kingambit and Heatran so it's a pretty fun pick. Shoutout Firer4 for the epic discussions about this mon, it’s definitely been nicer for me than I expected and I was a believer from the start.

:Iron_Leaves:: What does Leaves do ? Not much really tbh, but trapping and eliminating Gambit means that you can drop CC for an attack to hit Dragapult and Gholdengo, although you need +2 to really do anything because Leaves isn't exactly the strongest mon and your best coverage is Night Slash which is pretty weak even when powered up by Tera Dark. Booster Speed is selected as the team lacks speed control and I think Booster Attack with Trailblaze is really terrible in OU so don't use that, and this mon struggles to break so is best kept as a late-game cleaner but good natural bulk can let it live a hit from Booster Moth and Val in a pinch. Just don't fail the trap against non-Tera'd Gambit or this will literally be a dead mon and you'll be playing 4-6 LOL.

:Rillaboom:: Rillaboom is a powerful breaker and gives some much-needed priority to a pretty slow team, checking Iron Valiant while also giving Terrain support to power up Leaves' Leaf Blades, give Hatterene better passive recovery and weaken EQs in general. Rilla can also spam Grassy Glide more freely if Heatran, Corv and Gambit are removed, while Zapdos / Moltres get knocked and can be chipped down with Alolem able to switch freely into and get rocks up on both (though not enjoying a burn off Molt). Tera Grass gives more breaking power into bulkier teams while also letting Grassy Glide be even more threatening to frail sweepers and Grass-weak mons.

:Gholdengo:: Cloak Bold Ghold provides some good defensive value to the team and saves you from being 6-0d by Fairy Garg and Crunch + Heavy Slam Zamazenta, with SBall and Gleam giving perfect coverage and Nasty Plot to turn this into a wincon. Tera Fairy powers up your Gleam and helps defensively with resisting Dark, particularly valuable if Gambit Tera'd or wasn't earlier trapped to resist their Sucker Punch while also being a good neutral defensive typing. Speed investment here is for all Gambit although you could maybe lower that as you will typically trap them, though outspeeding defensive Tusk is always nice.

:Samurott-Hisui:: Samu-H is good support and a breaker for the team, usually able to bluff Scarf to scare out opposing leads like Dragapult in matchups where you don't want a different lead. Ceaseless Edge provides spikes support, with Knock Off making progress against Tusk + Zapdos and Aqua Cutter as a strong STAB option that isn't contact so cannot be punished by Static. Sucker Punch or Aqua Jet is also worth considering, but Encore is a really good utility option vs hazard setters, slower setup mons and Sucker Punch users, while also able to get the slow Encore off against mons that think they can force you out and set up for free like Zama and Ogerpon. Tera Poison is chosen to help check Iron Valiant in a pinch and not get OHKO'd by opposing Rilla, while Boots may seem counterintuitive when you have Hatt but the team lacks removal and so opposing Samu-H can get Spikes on you freely while Hatt is often a game of predictions vs lead Iron Treads.

:Hatterene:: Hatterene is a good win-con that would typically struggle with Kingambit and also gives the team Magic Bounce, as you lack any other removal. Psyshock lets you win CM wars while giving you a better option than Stored Power when you aren't able to get up multiple CMs, and Draining Kiss hits Dark-types along with improving longevity. This set is still walled by Gholdengo, but I prefer Nuzzle over Mystical Fire to let Hatt function as a panic check to fast mons like Zama, Dnite and Cinderace that won't die in one hit, and with Leftovers instead of Grassy Seed you can Nuzzle on the switch, go out to your Samu and come back in later. Tera Poison is nice as it lets you set up on Sludge Bomb from Slowking-G, resist Rillaboom's Grass moves and keep your Fighting resistance unlike Tera Steel, although Tera Water is also a good neutral defensive typing that is definitely usable but worse into Slowking-G and Zapdos.

I haven't tested this team too high and I don't intend to try and bring it to top ladder but it got my account back to 1700 after not having laddered for a while, so it definitely isn't complete shit and I figured that the Alolem-Leaves offensive core needed to see the light of day especially with Iron Leaves finally catching a win and rising to UU by usage (rip Alolem still stuck in PU). If there's anything about the team that needs changing it's definitely the Leaves since it's pretty horrible Speed control and something like Booster Val, Ogerpon-W or Ogerpon-C would definitely fit better here, but I wanted to try this mon out and we don't have Kartana to fit on Magnet Pull + Leaf Blade spam so Leaves it is. Golem-A is actually a pretty good fit and often puts in some work even when it doesn't have a target to trap, finding openings to get up Rocks or deal heavy damage to a target that isn't expecting it. Hope that anyone dares to use this enjoys the team! Just remember to make good predicts to get your trap off, don't blow your resources too early with Leaves or by committing to a Hatt/Ghold sweep and don't take this team too seriously as it's mainly just fun.

Last edited:
Folks. I Have Cooked. Do Not Use This If You Are Sane.

Gonna make this my first Bazaar post as this is far too terrible to make an RMT on and I don't have the mental fortitude to actually ladder any higher with this but I have brought the Strongest Offensive Core Ever Seen to the 1700s and, in my infinite wisdom and out of the kindness of my heart, I would like to share this technology with the people. Presenting...

Alolem - Leaves Grass Spam

:sv/Golem_Alola: :sv/Iron_Leaves: :sv/Rillaboom: :sv/Gholdengo: :sv/Samurott_Hisui: :sv/Hatterene:

:Golem_Alola:: Some may ask. What does Alolem even do ? The Answer ? Yeah. Banded with Wild Charge - Brick Break - HHP - Stealth Rock is a really stupid set but you trap, outspeed and OHKO Gambit and non-offensive Heatran while doing a ton of damage to Corviknight (72-86% to PhysDef), enabling your other mons to sweep, and Stealth Rock is good in matchups where you can leverage its typing against things like Zapdos to force a switch as Zap can be an issue for this team without Rocks up. Even if the opponent Teras to escape the trap they'll be dropping the Steel typing, granting openings for the rest of the team to break through. Tera really isn't needed tbh but Fighting can help vs a Gambit that's got a couple SD's up and so threatens the Sucker Punch kill. This mon may be pretty terrible in general but the natural bulk isn't too bad, and it's the only trapper in the tier that actually threatens an immediate OHKO on both Kingambit and Heatran so it's a pretty fun pick. Shoutout Firer4 for the epic discussions about this mon, it’s definitely been nicer for me than I expected and I was a believer from the start.

:Iron_Leaves:: What does Leaves do ? Not much really tbh, but trapping and eliminating Gambit means that you can drop CC for an attack to hit Dragapult and Gholdengo, although you need +2 to really do anything because Leaves isn't exactly the strongest mon and your best coverage is Night Slash which is pretty weak even when powered up by Tera Dark. Booster Speed is selected as the team lacks speed control and I think Booster Attack with Trailblaze is really terrible in OU so don't use that, and this mon struggles to break so is best kept as a late-game cleaner but good natural bulk can let it live a hit from Booster Moth and Val in a pinch. Just don't fail the trap against non-Tera'd Gambit or this will literally be a dead mon and you'll be playing 4-6 LOL.

:Rillaboom:: Rillaboom is a powerful breaker and gives some much-needed priority to a pretty slow team, checking Iron Valiant while also giving Terrain support to power up Leaves' Leaf Blades, give Hatterene better passive recovery and weaken EQs in general. Rilla can also spam Grassy Glide more freely if Heatran, Corv and Gambit are removed, while Zapdos / Moltres get knocked and can be chipped down with Alolem able to switch freely into and get rocks up on both (though not enjoying a burn off Molt). Tera Grass gives more breaking power into bulkier teams while also letting Grassy Glide be even more threatening to frail sweepers and Grass-weak mons.

:Gholdengo:: Cloak Bold Ghold provides some good defensive value to the team and saves you from being 6-0d by Fairy Garg and Crunch + Heavy Slam Zamazenta, with SBall and Gleam giving perfect coverage and Nasty Plot to turn this into a wincon. Tera Fairy powers up your Gleam and helps defensively with resisting Dark, particularly valuable if Gambit Tera'd or wasn't earlier trapped to resist their Sucker Punch while also being a good neutral defensive typing. Speed investment here is for all Gambit although you could maybe lower that as you will typically trap them, though outspeeding defensive Tusk is always nice.

:Samurott-Hisui:: Samu-H is good support and a breaker for the team, usually able to bluff Scarf to scare out opposing leads like Dragapult in matchups where you don't want a different lead. Ceaseless Edge provides spikes support, with Knock Off making progress against Tusk + Zapdos and Aqua Cutter as a strong STAB option that isn't contact so cannot be punished by Static. Sucker Punch or Aqua Jet is also worth considering, but Encore is a really good utility option vs hazard setters, slower setup mons and Sucker Punch users, while also able to get the slow Encore off against mons that think they can force you out and set up for free like Zama and Ogerpon. Tera Poison is chosen to help check Iron Valiant in a pinch and not get OHKO'd by opposing Rilla, while Boots may seem counterintuitive when you have Hatt but the team lacks removal and so opposing Samu-H can get Spikes on you freely while Hatt is often a game of predictions vs lead Iron Treads.

:Hatterene:: Hatterene is a good win-con that would typically struggle with Kingambit and also gives the team Magic Bounce, as you lack any other removal. Psyshock lets you win CM wars while giving you a better option than Stored Power when you aren't able to get up multiple CMs, and Draining Kiss hits Dark-types along with improving longevity. This set is still walled by Gholdengo, but I prefer Nuzzle over Mystical Fire to let Hatt function as a panic check to fast mons like Zama, Dnite and Cinderace that won't die in one hit, and with Leftovers instead of Grassy Seed you can Nuzzle on the switch, go out to your Samu and come back in later. Tera Poison is nice as it lets you set up on Sludge Bomb from Slowking-G, resist Rillaboom's Grass moves and keep your Fighting resistance unlike Tera Steel, although Tera Water is also a good neutral defensive typing that is definitely usable but worse into Slowking-G and Zapdos.

I haven't tested this team too high and I don't intend to try and bring it to top ladder but it got my account back to 1700 after not having laddered for a while, so it definitely isn't complete shit and I figured that the Alolem-Leaves offensive core needed to see the light of day especially with Iron Leaves finally catching a win and rising to UU by usage (rip Alolem still stuck in PU). If there's anything about the team that needs changing it's definitely the Leaves since it's pretty horrible Speed control and something like Booster Val, Ogerpon-W or Ogerpon-C would definitely fit better here, but I wanted to try this mon out and we don't have Kartana to fit on Magnet Pull + Leaf Blade spam so Leaves it is. Golem-A is actually a pretty good fit and often puts in some work even when it doesn't have a target to trap, finding openings to get up Rocks or deal heavy damage to a target that isn't expecting it. Hope that anyone dares to use this enjoys the team! Just remember to make good predicts to get your trap off, don't blow your resources too early with Leaves or by committing to a Hatt/Ghold sweep and don't take this team too seriously as it's mainly just fun.
How do you deal with walking wake? Seems like it just gets a kill if you get the 50/50 wrong between hatterene going in or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)