Tournaments RBYPL IV - Manager Singups (1 Week Deadline!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion

Artwork by Spook

Host Team: emma, TBD, TBD
Tournaments Rules and General Guidelines
RBYPL IV Commencement Thread (coming soon!)
Spreadsheet (coming soon!)

Schedule Sheet (coming soon!)

In this thread, you can sign up to manage in RBYPL IV. There will be six teams and eight or ten slots.

Guaranteed Slots:
  • RBY OU
  • RBY OU
  • RBY OU
  • RBY OU
  • RBY Ubers
  • RBY UU
  • RBY NU
Options for Slot 8 and Slots 9 and 10 (if necessary):
  • RBY OU
  • RBY PU
  • RBY Random Battles
Here is the signup format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional):
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
  • You are allowed up to 3 manager self-buys and retains total.
  • This is the cost it will take to retain the player.
  • Retains can be refused. Make sure you confirm with the player they want to be retained before letting me know!
  • If you were a manager / assistant manager last year, you will likely get that Retain Pool.
  • If you were a player last year and a manager / assistant manager this year, you will likely get that Retain Pool.
  • For all new managers, you may request which team you would like retains from. If you are the only ones to request that team, you will get it. If multiple claim a single batch of retains, I will randomly pick on Pokemon Showdown! to decide. Please request retain pools in order.
Retain Pool 1 (Viridian Victreebels)
  • Vileman - 24k
  • ziloXX - 18k
  • 16bit, Cao Jie, Eledyr, London Beats, Luirromen, Mendeez - 10k
Retain Pool 2 (Frozen Articuno)
  • Peasounay - 22k
  • Frrf - 21k
  • ArcticBreeze, BlazingDark, Isza, justdrew, LNumbers, Oathkeeper, Rubyblood, Thildema - 10k
Retain Pool 3 (Nugget Bridge Bandits)
  • Oiseau Bleu - 21.5k
  • Torchic - 20k
  • Unowndragon - 16k (retained in RBYPL III for 10k)
  • crying, Monai, RealJester, Paulluxx, Sirwings -10k
Retain Pool 4 (Hipster Hypnos)
  • Kaz - 25k
  • Ctown6 - 16k (retained in RBYPL III for 10k)
  • Sabelette - 13k
  • blank, Fc, Fivell, HSOWA, Mister Tim - 10k
Retain Pool 5 (Ding Dang Dewgongs)
  • Ice Yazu - 27k
  • chuva de perereca - 16k (retained in RBYPL III for 10k)
  • kjdaas - 11k
  • Quarante8 - 10.5k
  • Ara, chub, Melbelle, nicole7735 - 10k
Retain Pool 6 (Fuchsia Pholktales)
  • shiloh - 23k
  • Shellnuts - 16.5k
  • Enigami, SOMALIA - 11k
  • emma - 10.5k
  • BigFatMantis, Gastlies, Prof_J, RampageWebber, steelskitty, Thor - 10k

Reminders:
  • You must sign up with an Assistant Manager.
  • You are allowed up to 3 manager self-buys and retains total. You must let me know before Player Signups close.
    • Teams may either self-buy one manager for 15k or both managers for 20k each.
  • Deadline: Sunday September 10th 9:00 PM GMT-4.
Good Luck!

Manager: Howkings
Assistant Manager: stunner047
Team Name: Ding Dang Dewgons
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): Ding Dang Dewgons from RBYPL III
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: Stunner has won last edition while managing this team, while I think I'm a known face when it comes to managing teamtours and I think I can support him properly

Logo TBD

Manager: Frrf
Assistant Manager: Sabelette
Team Name: Glacial Articuno
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): Cuno's
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I've been part of the community for a while now, have managed in a few french team tours as well as captain'd team France in the last rby wcop. Sabelette is probably the most active community member right now and already has her fair share of team tour experience

Last edited:
Manager: Oakdeon
Assistant Manager: Rubyblood
Team Name: Spectral gengar
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): 5 (Ding Dang Dewgongs)
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
- I have already been captain in other communities and I am also the owner of my own community. I have the experience to manage my team in good conditions.
- My assistant manager rubyblood was co-captain of the last wcp for the Belgium team .
- We also proved this year on the forum that our level of games is sufficient to help our team in their preparations.

Last edited:
Manager: Kaz
Assistant Manager: Sceptross
Team Name: Washed Wartortles
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): Bandits
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We've both been around and playing at decent level for several years now, across multiple tiers. Sceptross has been the Leader of Pokemon perfect and Room Owner in the Ruins of Alph room. He also managed twice for WCoPP. I believe we have enough experience to offer a great show in this tournament.

Manager: Ctown
Assistant Manager: 第二十五夜
Team Name: Pampu Primeapes
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional): Bandits
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:I’ve been active in the community for a minute now, managed 2 Pokémon perfect leagues to 2 finals and win, co capd retro cup and rbywc. In general just love working with players and advancing everyone’s game. Jvg is a fire up and comer with underrated knowledge of the game, helping out various good players in prep including being my sole source of prep during invitational

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hipster Hypnos - Amaranth & emma
Viridian Victreebels - SaDiSTiCNarwhal & Justamente
Ding Dang Dewgongs - -Howkings & stunner047
Glacial Articuno - Frrf & Sabelette
Washed Wartortles - Kaz & Sceptross
Pampu Primeapes - Ctown6 & 第二十五夜

Hypnos, Victreebels, and Dewgongs are all returning managers that keep their retain pool.

Frrf played for the Articuno last year and are spiritually succeeding them so Glacial Articuno will get Frozen Articuno's retain pool.

Wartortles and Primeapes are new teams who both want the Nugget Bridge Bandits' retain pool. Neither team has an advantage over the other so it will be decided randomly. As per here, Washed Wartortles will get the Nugget Bridge Bandits' retain pool while Pampu Primeapes will get the Fuchsia Pholktales' retain pool.

Primary hosts for RBY PL IV will be Hiro', Vertigo, and Sificon. Player signups are coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)