Metagame NP: Stage 7 - Electric (Florges Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Since Florges got unbanned following the shifts and there was still decent worry within council about it potentially being too much, we held another internal vote over the weekend. Here are the results:

As a result, Florges remains unbanned in SV NU. We will continue to monitor its presence over the next week to see what SCL and Seasonal show us.

So the revelation that Copperajah for whatever reason has base 80 Special Attack alongside that Sheer Force + Iron Head is starting to get more use because you can actually hit shit like Glastrier with it lead to talk on the Discord and showdown room that lead to the hip new likely not even new tbh creation of mixed offensive Copperajah

Copperajah (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Honestly, Flash Cannon is mostly there because it lets you still consistently 2HKO Avalugg even after Tera assuming it's not packing Tera Water, and even then Earth Power is still doing like, 42.8% minimum and you can easily EV to outspeed it, so it's mostly a losing battle for the Avalugg unless silly speed creep wars somehow end up happening because of this lol. If you don't care that much about making the Avalugg matchup a bit worse, then you can just throw something like Stealth Rock on there instead. Earth Power hits the main important targets that EQ hits (even guarantee's an OHKO on physically defensive water Qwilfish after SR chip) while also dodging LO recoil. The only one that it noticeably struggles against are opposing Copperajah, but they also take like, 36% minimum from Iron Head, so it isn't like other Coppers are switching in for free or anything. Not gonan act like it's a better use of Copperajah compared to the usual specially defensive tank ones, but hey, no harm in trying out some neat stuff in NU, is there?

Edit: Actually, realized that investing in enough speed to outrun base 50's like Chansey and walls slower then it + Switching to using an attack boosting nature that doesn't lower your speed is likely a much better way to use this kind of Copperajah set. Tentatively going with Lonely, but honestly would need a decent amount of testing to really figure out the best choice

Copperajah (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Iron Head
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Knock Off

Last edited:
962.gif

bombirdier.png
Bombirdier dives back into the meta!
bombirdier.png
After being unfairly dropped to PU, this bird decided to prove itself better. In the current metagame Rock attacks are pretty good since there are so few Steel, Ground and Fight types. Bombirdier's triple stabbed coverage is almost uncheckable. I decided to give it a try since I noticed that Bombirdier has the capability to destroy current stall teams.
Tera Rock - Stone Edge is what this Mon is defined by. Avalugg? 2HKO. Chansey? 2HKO (without Eviolite), Florges? 2HKO. This is the move you'll click most of the time. Thanks to this, I think Bombirdier is a super legit late game sweeper.
Its only weakness is the indecent 82 base stat Speed, which makes it the slowest scarfer in the tier. This is why Sucker Punch is essential, especially to deal with threats like Bruxish.
The set is pretty mono directional. The only choice I think you can make is deciding wether running U-turn or Brave Bird. It's a choice that you should take according to your team's needs.

Bombirdier @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rocky Payload
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn / Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

It's not a Mon that you can slap in any team and be sure it'll be good (like Schyter) and because of that it needs a lot of support. A good hazards control and a team able to cheap out the enemies' (teammates able to Volt-Turn are so good with it). But once you support it enough, you'll be surprised of what it's capable of. I reached 1500+ with it, so I guess it's not so bad as PUs lobby wants us to think!

Hey y'all, Shengineer here.

I wanted to get started posting stuff on the forums, so I'd like to share a Glastrier set that I found pretty interesting, that being rest talk + 2 attacks.

Glastrier @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chilling Neigh
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Glastrier is a 'mon with gargantuan stats that can 1v1 pretty much anything you put in front of it, no setup required. In the right scenarios, it can sweep on its own thanks to the boosts from Chiling Neigh. Since it is so durable, crippling it with burn or poison is a good way to slow it down. However with rest, you can give this boss a second health bar. Ice and ground have absolutely incredible coverage together and are really the only two attacking moves that it needs. Stomping tantrum has some fun synergy with this set as well, since it can be powered up by a failed Sleep Talk -> Rest. Optionally, you can pair this with a healing wish mon to cure the sleep and be able to stay in a few more turns to fish for moves with sleep talk when you would otherwise need to switch.

You do have to be mindful when the opponent could try to setup a sweeper in front of you, as you aren't guaranteed a hit while asleep. I'm a huge fan of persian-alola on every team, as it blasts swords dance users with foul play, and it's also nice at pivoting in your Glastrier. I think Glastrier is an ideal target for terastilization - since ice is such a horrendous defensive type, it can become super obnoxious when its not an ice type.

What tera types would you consider, and what is your favorite Glastrier set? I think there is a lot of potential power and variety. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)