Tournament NDFL I - Week Two

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
NDFL banner.png

Follow all rules listed here.​

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

:venusaur-mega: Pokerich Clique (2) vs (6) Ever Grande Espathras :espathra:
SV OU: Aso vs velvet
SV OU: Tempo di anguria vs NoName6293
SS OU: K302 vs Redgoop115
SV UU: Danbear02 vs memedose46
SV RU: seroo vs Fluore
SV Ubers: Exotic64 vs cat
SV DOU: AIRedzone vs Astro Nation Shoe
SV Monotype: roxie vs TTTech

:garganacl: Goob Shamone Garganacls (5) vs (3) Brutal Buzzards :mandibuzz:
SV OU: delemon vs omarsgarciav
SV OU: Nish the Great vs about15guys
SS OU: Batzi vs autumn
SV UU: awyp vs nimzowitsch
SV RU: spoo vs Daepiquejt
SV Ubers: R8 vs Weirdhamster
SV DOU: Glimmer vs sir jelloton
SV Monotype: Big Chungus irl vs TTK

:BUZZWOLE: Buzzwole's Boyfriends (4) vs (4) Towers of Regigigas :regigigas:
SV OU: eliana. vs Mada
SV OU: UnzipsCrogre vs Fragments
SS OU: Mrbanana45 vs 2020 idm boomer
SV UU: Lostmemories vs Thedeathsofbeings234
SV RU: Rafadude vs JeoZ
SV Ubers: 7u9i2 vs Concept Everything
SV DOU: big pichu vs Penter
SV Monotype: Serise vs FadedCharm

Pokerich Clique (0) vs (0) Ever Grande Espathras
SV OU: Tempo di anguria vs NoName6293

Goob Shamone Garganacls (0) vs (0) Brutal Buzzards
SV UU: awyp vs nimzowitsch
SV RU: spoo vs Daepiquejt

Buzzwole's Boyfriends (0) vs (0) Towers of Regigigas

The deadline for this round is Sunday, November 26th at 11:59 PM -5.

Last edited:

sir jelloton

DPL Champion
Weakness in the teambuilder will be the downfall of Shoe at least for the first couple of rounds. We'll see if things change later on
SV DOU: Big pichu vs Penter
a little less confident in this but I think penters play looks more solid to me
SV DOU: Glimmer vs Sir Jelloton
You'd never guess who I think is gonna win

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:garganacl: Goob Shamone Garganacls vs Brutal Buzzards :mandibuzz:
With both squads tying last week (similar to 2 other teams), both the Garganacl's and Buzzard's are looking to get in the win column. The Garganacl's pulled off an impressive comeback to tie with the Towers of Regigigas, while the Buzzard's pulled off a comeback of their own down 1-3, tying with Pokerich Clique. Imo, the Garganacl's underachieved W1 for their roster's caliber, but the resilience they displayed in their comeback effort definitely moves me. This week, R8 is slotting into Ubers but asides from that they are running it back, showing they have faith in their roster. The Buzzard's on the other hand also had a slightly smaller comeback which went under the radar, specifically highlighted by the performances of their lower/other tier players in TTK, Kinzo, Jello, and Weirdhamster clutching out important wins to pull them back, with all three besides the former coming around Sunday morning/afternoon (gmt -5) in rapid succession. id know, i was on the receiving end FREE AMSTAN

SV OU: delemon 55/45 omarsgarciav - delemon played a very clean game vs Mada, an impressive foe last week; on the other hand omarsgarciav fought a tough opponent in Nashrock and I felt he played quite well, but just got a few turns wrong. I've seen omar's ability first hand since rigged tour back in March, and he's incredibly talented. However, his compositions can be quite linear playing almost exclusively pivot-heavy bulky offense. I like delemon coming off a solid performance last week.

SV OU: Nish the Great 60/40 about15guys - Nish had a tough opponent in Fragments W1, and his mu felt hard which I can attribute to his composition's again being quite linear (frail offense with Dragonite + booster spam) which Fragments looked well-prepared for. Still, I rate his ability as a player and technical skill heavily. about15guys unfortunately wasn't able to play W1 due to scheduling complications, however, they have been a very active contributor to ND for the past 6 months. Their team choices tend to be quite cheese-oriented (stuff like psyspam, screens ho, revival blessing stuff, stall) which can get good matchups vs Nish's offensive playstyle. I think both players need to branch out from what they are comfortable with to gain an advantage over the other's prep, but I believe in Nish more as a player so I'll take him. I would bold both of these slots by better margins if ad*m wasn't supporting... (i think he is at least)

SS OU: Batzi 57/43 autumn - Both players suffered a loss in week 1, with Batzi playing a webs offense featuring Serperior that left their team decimated doing Serperior things, while autumn played a more standard mu ultimately losing pretty fair and square despite some unlucky turns. However, I think Batzi's week 1 loss does not entirely speak to their quality of play while autumn did play some sequences poorly vs tf, so I will pick Batzi to take this one.

SV UU: awyp 65/35 nimzowitsch - awyp had a very nice win last week over Slash Death, while nimzowitsch is making their debut for the season. There isn't much to add on about awyp, a solid player who can work with what is passed and win, while nimzowitsch is making their first start of the season backed with support from Runo and TBIC. I'm not too familiar with their skills though, so I'm gonna lean towards awyp after their very successful debut campaign.

SV RU: spoo 49/51 Kinzo Ketchum - UPSET?? Oh yeah, im going there. Spoo had a very nicely played W1, although his opponent didn't bring the greatest National Dex RarelyUsed team ive ever seen. Kinzo was the beneficiary of some oddly played sequences W1, but he managed a very solid win. I'm gonna say he upsets spoo here although Im not too confident about it...

SV Ubers: R8 25/75 Weirdhamster - sorry R8 but Weirdhamster is very familiar with the tier and I'm not sure about R8's experience with it. If anyone can decipher Hamster's stalling antics though--it would be this guy. At the end of the day, I think it's quite unlikely though with Weirdhamster's very well-played W1 win (despite it being vs...twaves zygarde) and overall familiarity with ND Ubers.

SV DOU: Glimmer 45/55 sir jelloton - not a doubles legend here, but i thought jello looked super solid in W1 and Smudge said they are good so probably is true. Glimmer won too (i think) though. Pls dont hold me to these

SV Monotype: Big Chungus irl 40/60 TTK - TTK won over their fellow NDM main bruised W1, with a solid showing getting their turns right consistently. Sire Chungus had a nice win over another NDM main in FadedCharm, one of the hottest commodities in the NDM pool from my knowledge playing quite well. TTK, however, is the more experienced one in regards to the tier so I believe they will take this one.

:buzzwole: Buzzwole's Boyfriends vs Towers of Regigigas :regigigas:
The Buzzwole's were the only team who managed a win in W1, with a solid 5-3 victory over the Espathras and are hungry to hold down their spot as the current No. 1 seed. ToR on the other hand, choked their 4-0 lead to Garganacl's in heartbreaking fashion. with 2020 idm boomer describing it as feeling like Damian Lillard with the Blazers, dropping 60 in a losing effort. However, this should surely motivate the ToR and their talented roster to close out their victory in what I deem the best mu of the week.

SV OU: eliana. 45/55 Mada - i felt eliana had a pretty tough mu in their game vs Javi week 1, while Mada suffered a similar fate vs delemon. Both are looking to redeem themselves here and get on the board, but due to the same reasons from W1 preds I do have some faith in Mada to execute and build solid teams, while eliana. is still someone im not too familiar with.

SV OU: UnzipsCrogre 40/60 Fragments - Fragments my king won in W1 over Nish with good prep and play, while UnzipsCrogre lost in W1 with very, very good prep as I couldn't help but agree Jynx/Durant was incredibly good into Redgoop's scout. Give me Fragments one more time since he's inspired more confidence so far

SS OU: Mrbanana45 49/51 2020 idm boomer - WLA off??? Love this mu but I will simply be bolding my goat boomer despite Mrbanana's stellar W1 performance. mil muertes and company will defeat BananaGod. Wonder what the odds are that both bring a kdca team

SV UU: Lostmemories 65/35 Thedeathsofbeings234 - i felt like Lostmemories kinda got gifted their game by their opponent trying to trick a G-Moltres in W1, but hey, a win is a win! Slash on the other hand, got gifted an HO without Stealth Rock and the Azumarill wouldve legit 6-0d if rocks went up. Tough scene...ill take Lostmemories.

SV RU: Rafadude 65/35 JeoZ - hopefully Rafa doesn't stall again in the great tier of NDRU as it did not work out very well at all last week despite them definitely playing some turns wrong vs Fluore's HO. I still have confidence in their playing ability while JeoZ's W1 performance didn't inspire much confidence in me personally to beat out Rafa's experience in the tier. Give me Rafa.

SV Ubers: 7u9i2 60/40 Concept Everything - 7u9i2 is coming off a nice W1 win as well, same with Concept Everything (congrats on being the first non-johner of the tour) but 7u9i2 is most likely top 2 in the Ubers pool at minimum along with Weirdhamster. I think they should take this one over Concept, but maybe Concept will silence my skepticism for the second week in a row? Gonna go for 7u9i2 to take this one most likely.

SV DOU: big pichu 45/55 Penter - idk doubles pls dont hurt me please dont hurt me please dont hurt me

SV Monotype: Serise 60/40 FadedCharm - Serise looked great in W1 pulling off a nice win vs TTTech despite rolling a nice mu with Dragon vs Fire. I have confidence in their past success and momentum to likely take the W over FadedCharm, but anything can happen in the wild west of NDM. If I see over 10 lines of talking in battle from Serise's side I will be favoring FadedCharm 100/0 unfortunately

:venusaur-mega: Pokerich Clique vs Ever Grande Espathras :ESPATHRA:
No predictions here for obvious reasons, but Pokerich Clique came off a W1 heartbreaker after not being able to close out their 3-1 lead over the Brutal Buzzards akin to the 2016 Warriors. Will their heavy lu shifts substituting out nearly everyone from last week be their metaphorical Kevin Durant that allows them to come back the following time and secure a W? We'll see, as they are taking on the Ever Grande Espathras who were the only team that suffered a loss in W1. However, they still feature strong players such as Velvet, Javi, and Fluore forming a powerful 3-player core, with Velvet notably making their debut in SV OU after their strong performance in ND Summer Seasonal vs another strong Summer Seasonal performer in Aso. The Espathras have potential to get back on track, and I look forward to it this series. Good luck folks! free ninjasnapple

anique

</3
is a Tiering Contributor
Pokerich Clique (0) vs (0) Ever Grande Espathras
SV OU: Tempo di anguria vs Javi

Goob Shamone Garganacls (0) vs (0) Brutal Buzzards
SV UU: awyp vs nimzoajdjd
SV RU: spoo vs Kinzo Ketchum

Buzzwole's Boyfriends (0) vs (0) Towers of Regigigas

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-1997596367-r0wah052jqtd8t3mpunnnh1xf05xya7pw won vs exotic gg
Code:
Go! Deoxys (Deoxys-Speed)!
[Deoxys's Pressure]
Deoxys is exerting its pressure!
[The opposing PAMPU's Pressure]
The opposing PAMPU is exerting its pressure!

Turn 1

The opposing PAMPU used Magic Coat!
The opposing PAMPU shrouded itself with Magic Coat!

Deoxys used Magic Coat!
Deoxys shrouded itself with Magic Coat!

Turn 2
seroo, DudeWhere'sMyMon?, and +hidin joined
Natcrozma (◕‿◕✿) has 270 seconds left.

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 3
+hidin: who wins the magic coat off...
Natcrozma (◕‿◕✿) has 270 seconds left.

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 4

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 5

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 6

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 7

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 8

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 9

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 10

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 11
☆Natcrozma (◕‿◕✿): rewarding gameplay

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 12
☆ARC X VLADIVOSTOK: gliscor 2.0

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 13

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 14

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 15

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 16

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 17

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 18

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 19

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 20

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 21

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 22

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 23

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Turn 24

Deoxys used Magic Coat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)