Tournament NDFL I - Set & Team Dump Thread

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1704770883804.png

Since finals are here, NDFL I Set & Team Dump is here to serve as an opportunity to post whatever anyone has used or considered to use so far! It's pretty self explanatory, post teams you used or built in NDFL I here!

Rules
  • This is for teams used in, or heavily considered for use, in NDFL I.
  • Teams from any of the metagames featured in NDFL I can be posted.
  • Players who supported teams may post their teams as well, but please specify that you were a supporter.
  • A Pokepaste would be preferred in terms of formatting. Sprites would also be a helpful addition.
  • Descriptions/stories about the teams are allowed (encouraged, even) but consider using a spoiler tag if they end up being very long.
  • These teams may be considered to be used as Sample Teams so no need to post in the bazaar as well.
And that's it! Happy posting, and good luck to the teams in finals!

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/7927e3bdf0dc7d0c

:ceruledge::lilligant-hisui::iron hands::Aerodactyl-Mega::Iron Moth::excadrill:

Week 5 National Dex UU team vs Lostmemories

I got requisites with this team for the Iron Moth suspect test going on for Natdex UU, I think I went like 24-1.

I started playing Natdex UU 2 months ago, and started building for myself after Week 1, I won't talk about preparation for my opponent but I thought this would be a fair matchup.

Ceruledge, provides a lot of breaking power and as long as you have a Rapid Spinner (Excadrill) It'll always be threatening the opposition. This set is pretty standard I feel like it's a must to run Close Combat in conjunction with Focus Sash mainly for Tyranitar.

Lilligant-Hisui was the last member added to this team, but I feel like I needed another sweeper in this position. I feel like you need to run Wide Lens because everything misses if you don't and can be costly in game. (Threatens things like Tapu Fini, Clefable, even Ting Lu). Very underrated mon in the tier.

Iron Hands kind of acts as like a pseudo wall because it's so fat, but also in a very fast pace team it works very well in switching into almost everything and hitting hard if needed, also 500+ attack with Booster really helps break balance.

Iron Moth is pretty standard but I went with Morning Sun mainly because of the surprise factor as well as all the Blisseys I've been seeing around on the ladder.

Aerodactyl Mega is a great speed check in general and just love having a multi-hit mon in this slot this team was getting annoyed by Mega-Venu so Aero brought pressure in that sense.

Exca is suicide lead, I don't always lead with it just depends on matchups but clearing entry hazard is important depending on matchups but for the most part it does its job of setting up rocks and dying.

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
https://pokepast.es/d4622007c510aa16 W2 - cat vs Exotic64 (W) - cooked by cat
pretty simple ho team. the gimmick of the team was that if 64 speed ndm gets copied by ditto, then i ultra burst and outspeed to claim the OHKO with EQ at +2. didnt work out this week nor the week i brought it again.

https://pokepast.es/14728cceefec517d W3 - cat vs Alpha1013 (W) - cooked by cat
nothing much to be said here either.

https://pokepast.es/31addb58fc090471 W4 - cat vs Concept Everything (W) - cooked by CrossHeart (i think...)
ONE MOVE MELM :fire: jokes aside, this was really fun to pilot, sorry concept for the hax tho ;w;

https://pokepast.es/c97ff249764ec58e W5 - velvet vs Weirdhamster (W) - cooked by cat

https://pokepast.es/fbf49f24a8128787 - cat vs 7u9i2 (L) - cooked by cat
fun fact i actually suck and i threw the game twice because i suck by not pblading the pdon expecting LO yvel which in hindsight was not the play because i was told LO yvel does not appear on this type of teams later on

https://pokepast.es/11c6aa50687605c5 - cat vs Weirdhamser (L) - cooked by cat
the fraud R8 told me that Runo and Weirdhamster were big ditto believers so i brought a lot of anti-ditto measures, no ditto was found. clicking dd on the marsh was also a horrible play

https://pokepast.es/0984dba19f4c4181 - cat vs Alpha1013 (L) - cooked by cat
turns out that my prep for HO was useless and that i get 6-0ed by cm ogre (i am still malding that my dozo got highrolled twice on the third rest D: )

overall, this was a fun NDFL. thank you to Bka Onon and CrossHeart for believing in me once again. little known fact, i dont think i played >50 games of ndubers before i got drafted LOL

Probably won't be playing the tier too much outside of ladder so I'll just share all the stuff I built/considered during the tour. A lot of these are random ideas I came up with and tested on the ladder until I was happy with them, but a few of the teams were never tested or used outside of the game I brought them to so I can't promise they'll be any good. Probably worth mentioning that most of the weeks were in DLC 1, but the meta didn't change too much so those teams should still be usable.

Week 1 vs NoName6293:

:Groudon-Primal: :Marshadow: :Kyogre-Primal: :Arceus-Ground: :Ho-Oh: :Eternatus:

I hadn't played ND Ubers since the first DLC dropped and had no idea what the tier was looking like with Koraidon no longer around so heading into this week I didn't know what I would end up bringing. Deo-A looked like it would benefit from the ban and I tried to build around it but couldn't find a structure I really liked and ended up scrapping it. I wasn't sure what to expect so I went with a pretty safe defensive backbone of Primals, Etern & Ho-Oh and added on Marshadow & DD Groundceus for some offensive options. Toxic Spikes support seemed great to enable Kyogre with an offensive Ho-Oh to take on Eternatus which was the only Poison type I thought would see use. On preview I saw that Arceus-Poison was brought so my Toxic Spikes plan wasn't going to work. I figured the only way I would end up winning was either by removing Groudon and sweeping with Kyogre or by getting Yveltal into 2HKO range of Poltergeist from Marshadow and then catching it on the switch but both tasks felt pretty difficult to accomplish. Early game went well, then I attempted to set up on Arceus-Poison and got my Groundceus burned. Zygarde walled my Groundceus anyway so it didn't end up mattering too much, but I had assumed Arceus-Poison was using a Cosmic Power set and now wasn't sure what it was running for the last two moves. From there I tried to position my way into a Marshadow win and I was able to get Yveltal into 2HKO range for Marsh, forcing a kill on Groudon and finishing up with Kyogre. Overall I like the individual pokemon on this team and the general idea behind it but I don't think the mons mesh together very well. The HO matchup is manageable but you rely heavily on getting everything into Tera Sneak range which can be difficult if your opponent catches on or uses a random Tera to beat Marshadow. I never tested the stall matchup but I imagine it would be pretty difficult to win.

Week 2 vs Concept Everything:

:Eternatus: :Yveltal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas: :Groudon-Primal: :Arceus-Water:

I was still figuring out what was good in the meta and decided to experiment with YEN to see if it was as good in Gen 9 as it was in Gen 8. Scarf Xern was a mon I liked to pair with YEN and I think it does pretty well as a Scarfer. Koraidon was by far the best Scarf user and nothing has really risen to replace it, but Xerneas does the job well enough to justify bringing it over a Geomancy set on certain teams. There's no reason to not bring Groudon on balance teams imo so I threw it on as a rocks setter and added Arceus-Water as the final mon for spreading Toxic and as an answer to opposing Groudon. I wasn't expecting HO this week and unfortunately loaded into Smeargle. I knew Scarf on Xerneas wouldn't be expected so I decided to try to use it to remove the webs or clean with Moonblast. The replay is gone, and I don't remember most of the game, but I ended up managing to win. I liked this team a lot more than W1 but it definitely has its share of issues. The only mon that deters Groudon from setting up is Yveltal and Geo Xern has no counterplay outside of Groudon if it uses Tera. You can kind of fix these two issues by using EQ on NDM and changing Power Herb to Balloon on Etern but the team still struggles in other areas and I never had time to figure out how to fix it.

Week 3 vs Vkhss:

:Arceus-Dark: :Xerneas: :Ditto: :Alomomola: :Zygarde: :Groudon-Primal:

I considered Arceus-Dark a worse Yveltal for a while but the benefit of a mono Dark typing not fearing Stone Edge on Groudon/NDM are very nice. It also synergizes well with Groudon defensively, with the two being able to take on pretty much every offensive threat in the meta. Balloon Xerneas is for Poltergeist Marshadow & opposing Zygarde and also provides cleric support to the team which is primarily useful in the stall matchup. Zygarde often doesn't get to do much unless you're able to trap a NDM or Groudon that tries to set rocks on you but it's a nice midground into most physical offensive threats, especially if you don't want to risk losing a different pokemon. Alomomola is mainly on the team to heal up Groudon so it doesn't have to waste a slot on Rest but it usually ends up being sent in to scout sets. With the investment support Arceus forms can't 2HKO it so it can pivot in on a Judgment and Flip Turn out. It can be used to scout Eternatus sets as well but they tend to run more offensive sets and you risk losing Alomomola early. The last mon is Ditto and I think it rounds the team out perfectly. The other 5 pokemon are bulky enough to force pokemon to set up, and Ditto either revenges or sweeps from there. HO teams especially struggle against this team unless they're screens which is the only HO that can be difficult to play against. I tested this team the most and went through quite a few edits before deciding on this six, but the match went pretty well. I didn't expect Tera Fairy to be used offensively, but it provided the necessary boost to pick up 4 kills. The team has a lot of outs to most major threats but the Kyogre matchup can be difficult, especially if they have Toxic Spikes support. There are definitely improvements that can be made to this team but the structure is very solid imo, and this was by far my favorite team that I built as well as the only one I'd end up reusing.

Week 4 vs Weirdhamster:

:Arceus-Ground: :Toxapex: :Sableye-Mega: :Blissey: :Ho-Oh: :Giratina:

I was too busy to prep this week so I ended up taking a past generation team and changing it around to better combat the offensive threats in the meta. The last slot was originally Ditto but because I expected stall I changed it to a trapper Toxapex set right before the game. Without Haze on Pex or a Ditto this team does struggle against some of the stronger set up sweepers so proper positioning goes a long way. Groundceus is the only mon on the team capable of pressuring Groudon and needs to be used to prevent a Swords Dance. Gira can take any +2 attack Groudon throws at it, but once it needs to Rest the team has no way to stop a sweep. Ho-Oh is the mon that glues the team together and using Tera on it is pretty much mandatory if you run into a Zacian team. Toxapex can remove mons that are troublesome to the team or just click Spite against certain moves to stall them out. It's best in the stall matchup but I've found it's not entirely dead weight in others. Blissey is the mandatory special sponge that tries to answer Kyogre & Xerneas but falls short most of the time. Sableye usually ends up clicking Fake Out turn 1 and then not doing much the rest of the game unless the opposing rocks setter can't 2HKO it. It's nice to deter hazards the first time, but eventually Groudon is clicking rocks if it's not running SD. The game went as well as I could have hoped after dropping Ditto and loading into HO. I was able to keep Groudon in check with Groundceus after nearly losing my Giratina to it, and Blissey managed to keep Kyogre, Xerneas, and Eternatus at bay. The team had some success on the ladder after the game but in general I wouldn't recommend using this team without significant changes. Changing Pex to Dondozo would improve some of the matchups but I never got around to testing that version.

Week 5 vs R8:

:Gliscor: :Groudon-Primal: :Marshadow: :Arceus-Dark: :Eternatus: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

Like the previous week I had very little time to build a new team and test it to a level I'd feel comfortable with using so I brought a team I had made and tested during W3 but decided against bringing. I had yet to see Gliscor being used at all and I wanted to see if it had a niche as a Spikes setter/pivot. Groudons not running a Fire move have no real way to hit it and it can set Spikes on more passive pokemon like Yveltal, Ho-Oh, Zygarde, etc. I decided on a more offensive Groudon since I had Gliscor and ran Precipice Blades over EQ for the first and only time. Eruption is great at dismantling bulkier teams and I figured it would put pressure on the Defogger. I saw Mirror Herb Marshadow used on the ladder and thought it looked fun so I threw it on the team. Banded or Orb probably fits the team better, but they're not quite as fun to use. I ran a standard Arceus-Dark to add an extra defensive option and reused my Meteor Beam Etern since I didn't get to use it in my W2 game. Necrozma was the obvious last as the team would be swept by any Geo Xerneas without it. Preview showed a pretty even matchup although I thought Groundceus would be a difficult mon to get around. I wasn't sure what the lead would be so I started with Gliscor figuring I could pivot into whatever I needed to. Off the Ice Beam damage I knew it was an offensive Kyogre so Groudon was my only option to go into from there. Unfortunately, I later missed Blades against it and lost Groudon early. I was able to show off the Mirror Herb on Marshadow but missed the roll to kill the Groudon and the game went downhill from there. With the opposing Necrozma coming in I figured in removing it I could pave the way for my own Necrozma to sweep. Tera Fairy was a surprise but by using Toxic I would be able to set up with my own Necrozma and win from there. My Arceus got crit and the game pretty much ended without my own Necrozma critting. In hindsight I should have just taunted the Necrozma but I figured I'd live a +2 hit and didn't think to do so. I'm not sure how well this team will perform with so many Groudons running Overheat or Heat Crash now but it might still work. I'd definitely consider changing Earthquake on Gliscor to Toxic since you typically want to click U-turn over EQ anyway.

Week 6 vs cat:

:Terapagos: :Yveltal: :Arceus: :Groudon-Primal: :Deoxys-Attack: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

Playoffs and the DLC were finally here and I had some time to build again. Defog has felt less reliable with fast Taunt being brought on Arceus and Yveltal but Terapagos has the bulk to spin on pretty much everything so I wanted to try building a team around it. The set I went with is what I think works best: enough speed to creep the Primals & the rest in bulk. On the ladder I had managed to sweep a few unprepared teams by using up Tera on Terapagos but without Tera it usually ends up spinning and dying or being used as fodder. I think in almost every game against HO I ended up using it as fodder to get Yveltal in and revenge. Yveltal does pretty much the same thing Arceus-Dark does except it can pivot and I wanted to enable Deo-A. Deo-A got Tera Blast & Meteor Beam from the DLC and a Power Herb set looked great so I wanted as many opportunities to bring it in as possible. With the Arceus slot freed I went with EKiller to soften up any walls for Deo and to help against the HO matchup. I had seen people starting to use Heat Crash more on Groudon and I figured with Rock Tomb it'd be pretty useful against opposing Yveltal. I had rocks on Groudon originally but when I decided on Necro as the last I switched it to Spikes. I expected some kind of HO this time and against webs I thought Terapagos would have a chance to shine. Ribombee then used Tera Ghost and Terapagos did nothing except take a Toxic. I played very aggressively with my Necro to get it back to full health against Groudon and was able to get a spin off with Terapagos against Eternatus. I misplayed and tried to keep my Necrozma alive vs Zacian which would've forced me to use my Tera on Deo to revenge it if it had gotten the roll to kill. The opposing Yveltal was not running Sucker Punch and Deo pretty much won once webs were gone, but since I didn't know that at the time I decided to use it as fodder to get Arceus in. Arceus was able to clean up but it ended much closer than it should have. For my trial run with Terapagos it actually ended up saving the game, even if it died immediately afterward. Had webs remained up Deo would be useless and I likely would have lost on the spot. I was still hoping to see Terapagos do more than spin and die so I'll keep trying to build a better six with it.

Week 7 vs R8:

:Groudon-Primal: :Arceus: :Eternatus: :Hatterene: :Kyogre-Primal: :Calyrex-Ice:

This week was circuit finals and I spent the little time I had prepping for that and put off building for this until the last minute. I don't remember what the exact idea behind this team was, but I guess I figured the only thing better than one Calyrex was two and threw on Hatterene for Healing Wish. Calyrex is a pretty solid pick right now and can usually pick up a few kills in any game. I wanted to bring Mirror Herb again after bringing Mirror Herb Marshadow and decided on Etern to prevent Geo Xerneas from sweeping the team. I think I managed to get in like 2 ladder games right before I played, and in one of them I ran into a Glare Tera Water Zygarde which ran through the team almost singlehandedly. I didn't have time to build anything new and I didn't think I'd run into it twice in one day so I loaded into the game and then proceeded to encounter lead Tera Water Zygarde. If you don't want to lose to Zygarde, use Roar on Kyogre. Phasing it allows you to set up with Arceus and win the 1v1 if you Taunt to prevent Coil. I think the idea behind this team is interesting, I just didn't have time to fix enough of the issues with it.

Week 8 vs Weirdhamster:

:Zygarde: :Xerneas: :Arceus-Dark: :Alomomola: :Groudon-Primal: :Ditto:

After W3 I knew I needed to bring this team again and I figured it would match up well into either the HO or stall team I expected to come. Aside from changing the order, the only change I made to the team was making Ditto Tera Stellar. With Xerneas always in the back, I'd never had to use Tera Fairy defensively on Ditto and decided to try out a more offensive approach. Tera Stellar works wonders for dealing the little extra damage you need while keeping you the same type as the pokemon you're transformed as. On preview I figured Ditto should win as soon as something set up to break through my other pokemon like W3. Leading Ditto seemed the best idea to guarantee I got hazards up by copying Deo, but it turned out to not be a hazards Deoxys. Screens almost completely mitigate the advantage Ditto has against HO and a positive matchup became a lot more even. I knew Deo would switch out fearing Taunt but I wasn't sure what was coming in, so Alo into Flip Turn seemed my best choice. Etern was forced out by Groudon, giving me my first layer of Spikes. Unfortunately this gave Deo a chance to set up Reflect, enabling Zacian or EKiller to come in and set up without fearing Ditto. I pivoted into Zygarde vs Zacian, assuming it wasn't running Play Rough as it couldn't hit Ho-Oh without Wild Charge and was walled by Groudon if it dropped Close Combat. Light Screen went up and Xerneas was suddenly threatening a sweep. I thought on screens it would be Substitute Xern and used Tera Steel on Zygarde to stall out screen turns. Focus Blast was revealed and Zygarde was gone, so I was forced to use Groudon as fodder to get Xern into range of Ditto. I stalled out the last few turns of Light Screen with Alomomola and turned Ditto into a +2 Zacian. At this point Eternatus was looming in the back and with Tera it could potentially beat my Ditto. +1 Dynamax Cannon vs neutral Etern does not kill from full so I needed to chip it into range with either Foul Play from Arceus or Moonblast from Xern. I kept Arceus-Dark healthy enough to take a Meteor Beam and managed to win with Ditto after scouting the Tera. Had I not wasted Tera on Zygarde the endgame probably would have been much easier, but I think the matchup advantage I had was significant enough to overcome that mistake.

I have some other teams that I built but gave up on after a few test games or never got around to testing. With some fixing up they could probably be usable.

:Terapagos: :Arceus-Dragon: :Groudon-Primal: :Zamazenta-Crowned: :Yveltal: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
:Darmanitan-Galar: :Eternatus: :Xerneas: :Yveltal: :Groudon-Primal: :Arceus-Water:
:Zacian-Crowned: :Xerneas: :Arceus-Dark: :Zygarde: :Groudon-Primal: :Lunala:

This tour was a fun reintroduction to the tier and I'm glad I was able to pick it back up after the Koraidon ban. Things feel a lot more volatile than I remember with Koraidon around, but I stopped playing before it got Scale Shot. I think there's some potential with Terapagos and definitely with some of the mons that are starting to see more usage now. Alomomola is a great fit on semi-stall but I wouldn't try using it on much else. Gliscor is probably not worth using unless Groudon starts dropping its Fire move again. Geomancy Xerneas is the only set I've seen used on ladder but I think some experimentation with defensive/scarf sets is worth it. I feel Scarf especially has a place in the meta and I hope it starts to see some more use. Dropping Groudon on a team is pretty much only done on stall so I don't think it has any competition at the top of the viability list right now, but I think Etern is a closer second than Zygarde. It can go on pretty much every type of team and usually you're better off having it than not. I was disappointed by Zygarge (likely because of the set I was running) and never brought Zacian but that's probably more my playstyle than anything. I think there's a lot of potential in the meta as a whole and look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Thanks to all the Buzzwoles and our support that made the tour & team chat enjoyable and s/o ibleachyourskin for listening to all my ideas

hey MrBanana45 here to reveal how I cheated on the tour and going 5-3 solid run so far

Wanted to show my creative building and gameplan skills, got undrafted on past year ndpl so lets see how farm league was for me...

Week 1 vs Zygarde is Bae [W]
:corviknight::gliscor::weavile::toxapex::hippowdon::chansey: https://pokepast.es/e0e329e0266df688

Week one I wanted to build something solid for sure, come w the idea of PayapaPex+SpdefHippo rlly nice core to stop Volturn (Hippo eats the volt and Pex the turn, thats how it works), forcing progress w sand chip and scald burns and most important to use Tspikes as primary wincon. Corvo and Chansey excellent partnets for pex and CB weavile to trap Psychic types, not rlly complicated, Counter Chansey funny set to catch of guard koff users and physical attackers so Corv doest get overwhelmed

Zygarde is an old friend/rival, preping to expect some offensive Dark type, another reason to run that specific set of chansey that lure and deal w Physical and Special Dark types as well... Unless is something like Sd Crawdaunt... unexpected threat and scary scary mon to face, played well my cards and got the first win

GG friend

Week 2 vs 2020 idm Boomer [L] [Replay doesnt work]
:magnezone::tyranitar-mega::serperior::hawlucha::toxapex::rillaboom: https://pokepast.es/1c675e25b05b0bd5

Now a team that I like to call "Hit & Run"; Zone+Tar trapping birds and Psychic jets so RillaLucha can nuke everything. I choose eject pex to make work my trappers easily with safe ins plus a one-time-bait on regen buttom pex. Serp is the one that holds the entire team together, my cores need sopport as much as possible, so Scarf Serp can be the fast foger, RK without messing my own terrain setter or my one time seed, Cleric, Speed control and late game unexpected cleaner... Aromatherapy Scarf Sepr underrated set

Preping vs an old partner like Bomer is quite interesting, Im 100% sure he not bringing stall, going with some BO or HO with Megas and Z move user, Pex buttom was some idea to bait unexpected Z moves also to prevent weird sets... Zone+RillaLucha Beats BO, Tar+RillaLucha with serp scarf in the back beats HO and so on... Prep works rlly fine so far, ended up facing Kommo Cune Rona HO wich is not a big deal unless... Sand Tomb Mega Scizor w almost max speed to outspeed my Timid Zone, beat my pex, wall half of my team and allow the rest of their team to exploid that weakness... Rough match up.

Theres no shame losing against the best.

Week 3 vs tf [W]
:tapu-fini::clefable::gliscor::lopunny-mega::deoxys-defense::skarmory: https://pokepast.es/b16f31d4cbf1f665

A devoius team based on DemonDeoxys+CM fini, both threating wincons that need the right support to work well. Fini terrain protects Deo and lop while Double Helmet+Hstack deals with offensive physicall grass types on Kartana and Rillaboom. Skarm set just to sponge Lele specs, and set up spikes, Counter is a funny move. Something that I really like on this build was Glisc+Fable+Lop; Glisc uturns on possible defogers wich means free turn to my fast taunters (keeping the Hstack idea), a well played lop can lure some mons to take Triple Axel, and helmet fable amazing vs offensive weavile Cores...

My teammates and I didnt know to much about tf, not expecting weather based on teir past replays. A bit concerned about my Zone Matchups but Deoxys can do the job after one comic power, Stall is never an issue with koff and multiple taunt users and so on... Rough game vs Bando Kart and Mega Maw but a well positioned Lop with the right prediction can do the job, bring the W to the buzzwoles.

Week 4 vs amstan [W]
:clefable::lopunny-mega::landorus-therian::slowking::heatran::kyurem: https://pokepast.es/880ca231231e9c01

My capitan told me to build Kyurem vs amstan so was what I did. Come to this brilliant idea definitely my fav team of the tour; Steel Type lure. Kyurem+Z Heatran give steel types a really hard time, prob after some clicking just ended up being sack, so the game plan was annihilate all steel types so LO Fable can late game sweep.Regular Slowking to improve the sun mu BUT bringin real heat set on Dragon Tail, phazes out Z Kommo without the whole 2 turns FS gameplay, also phazes volcarona and Z tini wich is always useful on Kyurem teams... Least but not least support MLop... Masterpiece gameplay... Twave into incoming pex so Fable can win the 1v1 later, Healing Wish to keep healty our win cons, we already have excellent MU vs stall and steel types no I didnt really see the need on CC lop but always can bluff CC, we only need Fake out+Return to make this work. The spread is to hold +1 Flamethrover volc so we can para if needed, also to hold Sacred Sword from Scarf Kart at some point even after rocks.

1704969180371.png

As planned, Kyurem make the job well. Its funny how clef did nothing but watching. A bit sad to not using it at the end but glad on the teams performance. This team make me tie a losing week, excited about it tbh.

Week 5 vs Batzi [W]
:buzzwole::slowbro::landorus-therian::zeraora::volcarona::latias-mega: https://pokepast.es/1950f6e89934430b

Buzzwole time! Everyone on the team agreed to use Buzzwole this week, so I build around the idea of a "bug spam" an old team that I used on NDSS times to peak https://pokepast.es/08ee66539cd5c5f5 feeling nostalgic about it so decided to reboot that old feeling... Bug buzz rona as the main wincon and Buzzwole as a tank that may become wallbreaker in some specific matchups, both with bug coverage. Lando and Slowbro to pivot safely, the reason why about slowbro its because we have a big weakness into pex cores, so FS support is apreciated... but Psychium Z has a whole diferent plot, in some escenarios we can charge a FS an drop a 180Bp Psychic move in the same turn (very thrending), not to mention that a well played Z bro can chip down a pex and drop an unexpected Z move to take the KO (pex always stays cuz standard bro only can use a two turn move to deal real damage) also Teleport Z has a unique cool effect. Zeraora to check Zapdos and Koko but also excelent fast pivot. Lati only is there to check ZardY, Kart and Rain.

Not familiar with Batzi as a player, the replay nuke make prepping even harder. I knew for a fact that was not a main player of the format so I tried to use something unexpected to catch off guard my opp. Bug Buzz Rona had an excellent matchup just playing safe and taking the win

Week 6 vs Redgoop115 [W]
:tyranitar-mega::ditto::toxapex::skarmory::reuniclus::gliscor: https://pokepast.es/c0d3295716e5cbe3 (not my team)

Christmas night, not feeling like building that week so using some ChrisPBacon fogless fat team, insane build

That game happened on the same Christmas eve, tricky mu vs Hstack without defog. In the Reuni vs Rona I couldnt stop thinking about "now hes criting me and I gonna quit mons" a bit paranoid and dumb to my part tbh, after knowing I was facing Bulkarona I decided to sack Tar and go ditto to Revenge Killing. Tytar lands the edge, then is just reuni gaming.

Week 7 vs Batzi [L]
:weavile::tapu-lele::gastrodon::charizard-mega-y::victini::corviknight: https://pokepast.es/ba389a4651967479

Facing Batzi again, after seeing a funny video about a coughing baby vs an atomic bomb I decided to build around Victini Banded under sun. Nothing too crazy this time, Weav+ZardY cores are excellent as always, scarf lele best speed control in the game along side Corviknight pivot. Gastrodon was my last slot pick to improve the volturn matchup. Debating with my teammates about Z move on Weavile or regular SD Boots coming to the conclusion that theres no hazards on the team but not too much worried about it

Oh my fucking god my oppo bring almost mirror, an horrible matchups with speed ties and no hazards on my team. Really really really dificult Matchup vs this infamous NDSS team https://pokepast.es/5dfc867f4e0ca8bd... I look at the paste, calc some 1v1s and found some outcome to this hard situation... 108 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 256-302 (86.1 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO... at some point I could try to chip on that massive threat. I didnt get it. Maybe I could have played better or more preparation idk, that lose leave was evitable.

Week 8 vs Amstam [L]
:weavile::clefable::corviknight::chansey::mew::toxapex: https://pokepast.es/4344ff64d3162f31

As you may speculate, another team building around a bulky setup mon... This time Cosmic Power Mew was my choice, paired with unaware heal bell clef as support, Adamant CB vile plus standard fat corv and pink blob. Originaly the team looked like this https://pokepast.es/02b2124c6c6259f6 solid fire grass water cores, speed control and so on. But my capitan told me to run another fat this week so plans changed.

Amstam was winneable, Neutral matchup, mew loking great in the endgame... But my mind wasnt at 100% that night for some irl stuff, played bad, missplaying and choking on important points. My team needed that win I and couldnt get the job done. Maybe the 5-2 streak made me lower my guard on the preping stage or something. Not shamed about the lose but the performance.

As I've always thought, nat dex ss still has a lot of potential to be exploited and creativity when. I love building in this tier. I enjoyed a lot playing along side the Buzzwole Boyfriends meet some intersing people. Tysm ibleachyourskin Strat8246 for the opportunity

Boomenheimer

formerly 2020 idm boomer
is a Tiering Contributor
I was inspired by Mrbanana45's post so I thought I would drop the teams I used for my tour run. I was the SS OU slot for the Tower of Regigigas, posting a record of 3-1 with 1 deadgame (s/o Redgoop115 for letting me dodge him).

[W] W1 vs Batzi (no replay thanks to Zarel)
:sv/Ribombee::sv/Serperior::ss/Zapdos-Galar::sm/Scizor-Mega::sv/Garchomp::ss/Blacephalon:

I didn't really scout my opp this week I just wanted to start off with a bang and go super offensive so I made this Serperior/Mega-Scizor webs team. I put a chain chomp on the team to help soften steels and help Serperior/Mega-Scizor clean more easily, Specs Blacephalon to spin-block against potential Excadrill, and Zapdos to punish defoggers alongside Serperior.

Batzi brought Mega Lopunny + Tapu Lele sand this week which looked like a nightmare matchup on preview, but if I managed to keep webs up I could pull it off with Serperior as his team did not have any good checks. That was exactly how things played out, with Serperior pulling off the reverse sweep with webs up.

[W] W2 vs MrBanana45 (again no replay thanks to Zarel)

:sv/Greninja::sv/Kommo-o::sv/Volcarona::sm/Scizor-Mega::sv/Suicune::sv/Serperior:

Having teamed with and played against MrBanana45, I've been exposed to some of his creative teambuilding tactics and did not want to take the risk loading anything fat into him because he preps well into fat builds. After Serperior's strong showing last week, I wanted to bring it back but on a different type of offense. I found this pannu team on the SS OU Bazaar (yes I used a pannu team in 2023) and the hazard stack with Kommo-o to dissuade Defog spoke to me.

Pannu's team breakdown
Suicune HO-- also known as ":smiling_imp: bigotry". This was one of the first teams i built after coming back from an extended break i took, its a really fun teamand i laddered hella with it during January. i got the idea from an OU RMT i saw which featured Suicune on a HO team, and i wanted to take it and adapt it to ND as well as execute it better. Vincune is rlly fun w/ Toxic Spike support so i decided to pair it up with a Protgren lead gren, dual spikes, Taunt, and Scald, The HP investment allows it to live another Seismic Toss from Chansey, to get up another hazard in its face. LO Volc and Suicune have some p fun synergy, overwhelming special checks. Rocks Kommo beats most defoggers and is generally just a fun ladder threat, OffSciz can lure and remove Toxapex and Heatran for Volc and Cune, and defog serp not only gives the team defensive utility but also wears down Chansey for the special sweepers and can defog in a pinch for Volcarona.
I gave the Mega Scizor enough speed to outspeed Timid Magnezone and that was the difference maker in the late game against MrBanana45, who ended up loading a Rillaboom-Lucha trapper offense with a Timid Specs Magnezone.

[L] W3 vs Amstan (why's the first replay in this post an L)

:ss/Victini::sv/Landorus-Therian::ss/Kartana::sm/Gyarados-Mega::ss/Tapu Lele::sv/Volcarona:

Went into this game with not much of a scout so I comforted loaded an offense that I found in an old nvk/vstra/ezra team dump. I considered loading a trick room team that I built earlier in the week as my run had only included hyper offense thus far, and I was worried that I would get Ditto'ed at some point. I should have trusted my gut but I'm not the biggest fan of using trick room so I went with this offense instead. Normalium Z Kartana and Mega Gyarados looked like a great load into potential stall, and double scarf Lele and Victini looked good into BO that would help Volcarona clean up in the end game.

Relevant screenshot days before my game
Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 11.33.49 AM.png

The game came down pretty close towards the end and Amstan made some good predicts in the endgame but ultimately I couldn't overcome Ditto coming in and revenge killing all of my threats. Good load on his part and humbling end to my offense spamming run.

[W] W5 vs tf

:sm/Manectric-Mega::ss/Victini::sv/Serperior::sv/Gyarados::sv/Landorus-Therian::ss/Melmetal:

I was familiar with a couple of tf's teams as I had used plenty of them back in Gen 8 on ladder. I had a feeling they would load BO thinking I would do the same after my run into Ditto in my last game. I decided to load one of my favorite teams that Devin passed me a while back - the beloved double Intimidate Lando-Mega Manectric volt-turn offense with a banded Victini, scarf Serperior and AV Melmetal. I tweaked the Serperior set a bit to give it Defog because the team originally did not have hazard control, and made it HP Rock as well as a secondary insurance policy against Volcarona in case Melmetal went down—whom I had also tweaked to run Rock Slide over Superpower.

tf loaded a double helmet hazard stack fat with three Serperior resists and a Gastrodon for my Manectric thanks to my past frequent Koko-Lucha usage (notice how I didn't use that core once this tour) which resulted in a nightmare matchup, so the only way I stood a chance was by haxxing. The key to opening up my offense was by freezing their Skarm with a timely ice punch from Melmetal. Intimidate support from Lando + Mega Manectric made it easier for Gyarados to come in and set up on the way to goobing a significant portion of their team's core. Very difficult matchup and should've gone the other way without hax but this is one of the reasons I hesitate to load fat because why risk getting haxxed.

Conclusion

In any case if you were wondering, I planned on loading my W5 team into Redgoop the week prior before deciding to deadgame. Overall this was a fun tour and I was happy with my performance for the most part. Serperior was definitely my MVP during this run, and I enjoyed using offensive Mega Scizor as well. Will prep better for Ditto next time.

Dumping the RU teams I built for the Towers of Regigigas during this NDFL run. Shoutouts to Chris Chien Pao and JeoZ for piloting these teams. Many of these teams are outdated because of the Buzzwole and Mamoswine ban + Slowbro rise, so I've added teams with hotfixes for newcomers at the end.

Week 1: Jeoz v Spoo

:arcanine-hisui: :slowbro: :sandy-shocks: :latias: :buzzwole: :tinkaton:

To be honest, this was just me spamming Arcanine-Hisui and friends. Boots over the band on K9 for longevity since I didn't want to stress about the removal on hazard stack. The rest of the team should be fairly straightforward.

Week 2: Jeoz vs Rafadude

:swampert: :manectric-mega: :talonflame: :cobalion: :tangrowth: :latias:

Went with a more balanced build, focusing on Buginium-Z Cobalion as a win-con. Aura Sphere over Mystical Fire was for something like Scarf Krook, but honestly, Mystical Fire is a way better option. Had we gone with Mystical Fire at the outset, we would have had an advantage vs Rafa in that tight endgame.

:sandy-shocks: :tornadus: :scizor: :cobalion: :basculegion-f: :enamorus-therian:

:sandy-shocks: :tornadus: :tapu-bulu: :cobalion: :basculegion-f: :latias:

Had these as possible candidates for week 2, alongside 2 Mamoswine teams. Teams worked surprisingly well with testing (considering I threw stuff at the wall here) but required aggressive plays against stuff like Scizor.

Week 3: Chris vs Kinzo

:sandy-shocks: :sharpedo-mega: :thundurus: :latias: :scizor: :slither-wing:

All-out offense. Sandy Shocks is perhaps my favourite suicide lead since it can easily lay down either rocks or spikes into most teams (often, you'll get rocks + 1 layer of spikes). Mega Sharpedo is the king of Spikes HO and cleans up late-game scenarios. The rest of the team helps it get into that position. Note that Scizor AND Slither Wing lure the now-banned Buzzwole for Sharpedo. You could easily swap Dual Wingbeat and Acrobatics for Close Combat and Wild Charge. Similarly, Psychic on Thundurus was for Amoonguss, but you could easily drop that for Grass Knot or Sludge Bomb.

Week 4: Chris vs Fluore

:buzzwole: :reuniclus: :tinkaton: :mandibuzz: :manectric-mega: :nidoking:

Scarf Buzzwole was a nice tech against teams looking to check Buzz by outspeeding it. Slowbro left and at the time I wasn't feeling Slowking, so Reuni was the Future Sight setter of choice.. I don't like Reuni, but Future Sight + Buzzwole goes way too HAM to pass up. Tinkaton and Mandi provided a solid defensive backbone, whilst Mega Manectric was useful as a secondary speed control measure and helped check Scizor. Shoutout Dorron for T-Spikes Nidoking. Visionary tech.

Week 5: Chris vs Seroo

:buzzwole: :slowking: :tinkaton: :mandibuzz: :sceptile-mega: :nidoking:

Chris liked the fundamentals of the Week 4 team and wanted more time with it, so I made quality-of-life adjustments based on the Week 4 game. Reuniclus was clunkier in the game against Fluore, so I opted to bite the bullet and just slap Slowking. Mega Manectric was okay, but Mega Sceptile was 1) Faster and 2) more customisable in what it could do. Other than those changes, the team largely stayed the same.
[For those wondering: HP Poison Mega Sceptile is an anti-Bulu tech by Adriyun. HP Fire is an option to snipe Sciz tho]

Replacement teams for outdated ones

Weeks 1, 4 and 5 have Pokemon no longer RU by tiering (Buzzwole) or usage (Slowbro). Figured it was worth dropping replacement builds for new players to pick up.

:mienshao: :reuniclus: :tinkaton: :mandibuzz: :manectric-mega: :nidoking:

:mienshao: :slowking: :tinkaton: :mandibuzz: :sceptile-mega: :nidoking:

The teams for weeks 4 and 5 relied on Scarf Buzzwole to CT defensive Buzzwoles, so Scarf Shao was more than satisfactory as a replacement. Alternatively, you could improve the defensive core by dropping Shao for a bulkier fighting type like Cobalion, Slither Wing or Conkeldurr. However, I prefer Shao as a quick fix.

:arcanine-hisui: :slowking: :sandy-shocks: :latias: :okidogi: :tinkaton:

Using a similar principle for the Week 1 team, you get the team below. EVs on Okidogi are to outspeed offensive Scizor, but you could opt for a more defensive set that hits Crawdaunt as a benchmark. Unlike Week 4 and 5 where Scarf Buzzwole was used as a CT pick on a team that could otherwise run Shao, Team 1 was sort of designed with Slowbro and Buzzwole in mind.

(:mamoswine:) --> :nidoking: :nidoqueen:

I don't want to spotlight the Mamo team since it wasn't used in the tour, but if you did want to hotfix it, you could just swap out Mamoswine with Nidoking/queen and get a somewhat similar team. Nidoking plays differently to Mamoswine tho, so a post-launch patch ain't cutting it.

Glimmer

We own the night
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Dumping my ND DOU teams even if all but two of these have a banned mechanic lmao
shoutouts to qsns for helping the whole way through they're the goat and to Astro Nation Shoe for helping with the team for finals week!

:zamazenta::metagross-mega::tornadus::indeedee-f::urshifu::flutter-mane:
Week One - vs Penter (L)

This is along the era I would like to call "Glimmer Discovering a +2 +2 Mega Metagross Just Wins" as I was experimenting with Zamazenta + Mega Metagross when I remembered about Indeedee-F, which seemed like a brilliant idea as this would allow it to OHKO previous offensive checks with a Psychic Terrain boosted Zen Headbutt (mostly just for Charizard-Y and Urshifu-RS.) But I sadly matched into the worst possible matchup of this structure (Urshifu-RS with Rain) and couldn't play around it well so I lost the game.

:deoxys-speed::chien-pao::urshifu::rillaboom::kingambit::salamence-mega:
Week Two - vs Jello (W)

This Deoxys-Speed team proved to be really consistent against my good friend Jello, so I thought might as well bring it again right? Team is simple really, bulky offensive pokemon with Chien-Pao and guaranteed hazards support can overwhelm structures fast.

:landorus-therian::tapu-fini::jirachi::rillaboom::iron-hands::kangaskhan-mega:
Week Three - vs Shoe (L)

I tried Lando-T as Shoe is a known not Urshifu-RS bringer, so Scarf seemed perfect for this kinda setup heavy offense to be anti Marshadow and Intimidate support at the same time! Sadly I tried to cteam too hard and got cteamed myself as I happened to load Play Rough SD Hands into Gholdengo which destroyed me which I didn't account for at all to be fair.

:tyranitar-mega::zygarde::rillaboom::zamazenta::tornadus::urshifu:
Week Four - vs Frixel (W)

An old team of mine reminisced with me this week, involving Mega Ttar, Zygarde, and Tornadus. So I wanted to modernize it and abuse the new tool Ttar has in Knock Off. I added Zama and Shifu to add Coaching and counterplay to Kingambit and Zygarde. Ttar underperformed but I believe in it even more after Coaching ban.

:incineroar::zygarde::rillaboom::zamazenta::salamence-mega::urshifu:
Week Five - vs Big Pichu (W)

I hadn't brought Incineroar yet to the tour, so I figured it'd be nice and would catch pichu off guard and especially liked it as I know pichu is a huge Kyurem-B fan. Rest of the team is a reflection of my addiction to ZamaUrsh in Coaching meta. I just mostly outmatchupped this game honestly, Incineroar into non Clear Amulet Kyu-B is basically starting the game a mon ahead.

:zamazenta::rillaboom::metagross-mega::glimmora::tornadus::zygarde:
Week Six - vs Jello (L)

Completely outmatchupped this game, standard team by me even tho I tried to forgo Urshifu-RS in place of Glimmora due to Jello's structures. SD Shifu-RS into my kinda bulky offense Coaching build is just an auto-win, so good scout by Jello.

:zeraora::zygarde::rillaboom::urshifu::kingambit::salamence-mega:
Week Seven - vs Sundays (L)

Looking back, Zera is complete ass, it literally sucks so bad outside of the Zamazenta matchup. To the point I had better shots at this game if I had the Incineroar instead of Zeraora here. Alas, nice tech by sundays in this game.

:zeraora::salamence-mega::diancie::urshifu::volcanion::rillaboom:
Week Eight - vs Shoe (L)

Now to me not learning from my mistakes, loading Zeraora again. As I said it sucked bad outside of the Coaching Zamazenta matchup, as it did in this match too. Could've probably played better around Chien-Pao but it is honestly a builder issue.

:raging-bolt::jirachi::rillaboom::salamence-mega::volcanion::flutter-mane:
Week Nine - vs Jello (L)

This team is incredible, Bolt feels insane in this meta, only succumbing to opposing Jirachi's Follow Me protection. This might be the beggining of my Wisp Volcanion addiction, mon feels insane rn and got a lot of value just by burning Urshifu in the game. Sadly through some amount of hax and me not expecting Psyshock Indeedee-F Jello pulled through the bad matchup.

I was hoping to finish this tour with a better record but my losses were either out of matchup or to a well played game, so once again, gg to all my opponents. It was a fun experience and I think I improved a decent bit as a player just playing in tours in general this year, hopefully next team tour around I will have a better record. Lets get the tiebreak win gargs!

sir jelloton

DPL Champion
Finished 6-2 record. Here are the teams

W1 AIRedzone(W)
https://pokepast.es/16c3a3c1835e3d69

:scizor-mega:
M sciz balance
JT made the call to bring M scizor since we knew he liked semiroom and so I brought the zapdos x scizor core eragon used in NDPL and it ended up being easy to pilot with a great mu leading to a dominant Victory

W2 Glimmer(L)
https://pokepast.es/9153dac4d3188118

:Kangaskhan-Mega: :mew:

SD Gambit
Team was definitely a little unpolished as I struggled to fine something I was comfortable bringing. Ended up just losing to deo S stuff which glimmer knows I have a VERY bad track record vs. Outprepped plain and simple here

W3 Penter(W)

:Gholdengo: :Salamence-Mega:
https://pokepast.es/650cc32f71c07d41
Gholdengo Offense
Plot ghold is my favorite win con in this tier and a little underrated imo so figured I'd bring comfort after losing a game trying to diversify. Thought this would be an easier game but Penter played really well making this a very difficult game that I barely edged out.

W5 NinjaSnapple(W)

:Gholdengo: :Ogerpon-wellspring:
https://pokepast.es/0f36555ae1b8b17f

Gholdengo Balance
I tried cooking fun stuff this week, realized none of it was even remotely worth it over just bringing normal set up, got depressed about the state of the metagame, so just brought my favorite Gholdengo team with dd zyg. Unfortunately, it was a very easy win.

W6 Glimmer(W)

:urshifu rapid-strike: :zamazenta:
https://pokepast.es/0f36555ae1b8b17f
Coaching SD urshifu
After getting beaten in prep so hard last time, I decided to lean on JT and Bagel a little more to pick the team I was gonna use. I used both of their ideas to make a good terapagos team, but then it got banned. In a test game for something else Bagel used something he had cooked for the week before, SD urshifu, and it put in mad work against me. We decided to use it as it was an easy advantage vs coaching teams, and sure enough that's what glimmer brought, leading too another fairly convincing victory.

W7 Astro Nation Shoe(L)
:raging bolt: :charizard-mega-y:
https://pokepast.es/2c3f7cf53a629453

Raging bolt sun
This is the loss I'm most upset about, as I feel I picked the correct route to win and played better up until the end game, until I clicked way too fast and ended up missing the obvious play leading to a loss

W8 Sundays(W)
:chien pao: :zeraora:
https://pokepast.es/4c4c82d3ea5021d3

Chien + Coaching HO
Another very disappointing game from me. I picked the correct gameplan Angling for getting early progress by coaching chien pao, but made unnecessary risks and inefficient plays along the way, burning way more resources than necessary to execute. Had it not been for a lucky crit, I would've had to make some very aggressive reads to win this game and I'm not proud of my performance at all

Finals Glimmer(W)
:Deoxys-Attack: :gardevoir-mega:
https://pokepast.es/e7d3a0a086f356e5

Between dlt and an incredibly hectic schedule, I really didn't put too much time into prep this time around. I was gonna bring either my own chien pao HO or Bagels psyspam team and ended up picking his over mine. If I had tested this team more I probably would've ended up with groundium on heatran which would have been very helpful in getting rid of raging bolt, but that's what I get for not prepping. This was the most stressful shit and I barely managed to scrape out a victory through lots of luck on both sides.

Overall, not too happy with my performance. Obviously 6-2 isn't exactly a bad record but that being said I don't believe is indicative of my actual skill level and anything worse would have been total failure for me. Huge thanks to Bagel for the carry during prep and JT for subbing in for the team multiple times and coming up clutch. Hopefully you get to start next time. Ggs everyone

I'll be dumping a few of my NDUU teams here.

Shoutouts to Amstan, Runo, TBIC106, and everyone else who helped me teambuild!

https://pokepast.es/bcc5307069a0ef96
:iron moth: :azumarill: :excadrill: :alakazam: :ceruledge: :thundurus-therian:

This is the team I used in Week 9. Maybe this is a hot take, but I believe that HO is the strongest playstyle in the tier when piloted well. Both Ceruledge and Iron Moth are arguably broken. Swords Dance Ceruledge can clean many teams by itself if it gets +2/+2, and the only reliable answers are itemless bulky Water-types, which is crazy. Poltergiest can be run over Shadow Sneak.The interesting addition here is Focus Sash Alakazam, which is great into opposing offense by giving me one guaranteed sash. I think this team has reasonably good matchups into almost all other playstyles. In my playtests, I've found that Nasty Plot Z-Fighting Thundurus-T virtually 6-0s stall by itself, as not even the pink blobs can withstand +2 All Out Pummeling when even slightly chipped. Sand in my experience has been the most problematic playstyle to face, but Azumarill, Thundurus-T, and even the Focus Sash Alakazam (Focus Blast accuracy notwithstanding) give me several outs versus Excadrill, which is generally the best an HO team can hope for.

https://pokepast.es/312cf2706abb9e5e
:excadrill: :iron moth: :iron hands: :thundurus-therian: :aerodactyl-mega: :ceruledge:

This is an alternate version of the HO team that features Iron Hands over Azumarill and Mega Aerodactyl over Alakazam. I find this configuration a bit more vulnerable to sand teams but the Air Balloon Ceruledge helps out a lot versus Excadrill.

Here's a list of more teams that I used or considered using (now mostly illegal due to Meow ban). The number indicates the week that I used it or built it, and the letter just helps me organize my teams.

https://pokepast.es/b32a7e1440acfb4a I really like this team; a very solid voltturn

https://pokepast.es/39051daafabe97cd Another HO

https://pokepast.es/31c94d4fb20c04ca Mega Heracross is really underrated imo

https://pokepast.es/07aa5d3dd5da26d0 I experiemented a bit with Trapper Fini but ultimately didn't end up bringing it

https://pokepast.es/8aa7969597a7d459 CB Gapdos bulky offense

Last edited:
After contemplating for a bit. I decide I'll dump my teams here(Disclaimer: All of these teams are outdated due to recent tier changes)

Also s/o's to Arishem and Velcroc for helping with the teams
W1::Ribombee: :Serperior: :Iron Hands: :Ogerpon-Cornerstone: :Azumarill: :Ceruledge:
https://pokepast.es/e2b692170d82a32c

W2: :Latias-Mega: :Hippowdon: :Excadrill: :Celesteela: :Azumarill: :Sinistcha:
https://pokepast.es/db0eddc56326ffb7

W:3 :Skarmory: :Meowscarada: :Clefable: :Zapdos-Galar: :Ursaluna: :Latias-Mega:
https://pokepast.es/17372492e730254e

W:4 :Ting-Lu: :Clefable: :Aerodactyl-Mega: :Celesteela: :Rotom-Wash: :Meowscarada:
https://pokepast.es/a4f7c8e4100dd12c

W:5 :Iron Hands: :Latias-Mega: :Meowscarada: :Iron Treads: :Clefable: :Iron Moth:
https://pokepast.es/3ff79bbe38ab43bb

Not much I'll say about these teams except that I'm at least happy with most of the teams I have built this team tour.
Overall, this was the worst performance I've ever done and i'm not happy with it (0-5 is just pathetic even for my standards). Though I've learned something valuable during this experience and has helped me improve on certain aspects. Will make sure to never lose again.

(I need to take a break...)

Last edited:

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
I'm very tired but I want to get this post done, so it's not going to be as detailed as I would have wanted those to be, but if you have more questions about any of these teams feel free to ask me on discord (.r.8.). ND Ubers is a very epic tier and I recommend trying it out! There also is a lot left to be explored and be discovered in this tier, in my opinion. Every week is not here simply because I did not play every week.

W2 - vs Weirdhamster
:groudon-primal: :yveltal: :alomomola: :ho-oh: :arceus-ground: :marshadow: (W)
This is not exactly the original team, I worked a bit on it to try to make it better.

The big problem I had to solve here was finding a way to win against someone much more familiar with the tier than I do. I decided to bring something defensively minded, as this is what I am the most comfortable with in general, and I thought a fat vs fat matchup was the one I was the most likely to be able to pilot well. Mola originally was an idea I had to have something to play around taunt arceus formes, which looked frankly very annoying, and also give me some extra longevity in fat mirror games thanks to its immunity to hazards with boots and wish, which pdon appreciates, but I realized it also has more utility on top of that with wish + flip turn, double regen with ho-oh, tera poison helping vs toxics/defensive eternatus formes, etc

As I didn't know the tier much, I decided to take inspiration from teams used in NDPL. Pdon+Yveltal/Darkceus had near 100% usage so I just went for that, and honestly I forgot how I decided for the rest of the team lol. Refresh Arceus-Ground helps against toxic stuff, and also is an answer to toxic mega-ttar in particular, which I know Weirdhamster like to use on stall.

W3 - vs Exotic64
:groudon-primal: :giratina-origin: :arceus-dark: :eternatus: :marshadow: :necrozma-dusk-mane: (W)
No paste for this one as I didn't make the team: it is from beaconeatinassassin who used it in this ndpl game, and I just asked chris to pass me the paste. I just wanted something solid vs ho & stall to make sure I wasn't getting cheesed, and as expected the game went very smoothly thanks to mental herb Eternatus laying a tspikes against HO, and I felt like the team was probably good since it was brought in ndpl.

W5 - vs 7u9i2
:yveltal: :kyogre-primal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :groudon-primal: :arceus-ground: :xerneas: (W)
Ngl I kinda forgot what was the reasoning behind this team, I just remember I was starting to understand the tier more and wanted to just build a Good Team That Answers Properly The Metagame :tm:. CM rest p-kyogre + cleric support from xerneas is what the team is built around, as p-ogre is scary and I thought scarf xern would help vs offensive team (unfort I think it's not that good at doing that.)

Not sure if the team is actually good lol, I tend to be more paranoid about HO now. Not sure if we are sturdy enough against ultranecrozma with this team.

W6 - vs Weirdhamster
:groudon-primal: :yveltal: :eternatus: :gothitelle: :ho-oh: :arceus-ground: (W)
Weirdhamster spams defensive teams -> Gothitelle is probably a good choice! Eternatus alongside it helps against more offensive teams, pdon/yvel/ho-oh/arc-ground check stuff and are good pokemon - cm groundceus appreciate goth pp stalling chansey as well (this is why we are tera ghost here - seismic toss immunity). I think a very underrated aspect about gothitelle is how it is actually a very sturdy zyg-c check (broken pokemon), which is very appreciated by teams like these. If you get a toxic off on Ho-Oh you farm it with gothitelle too, if you taunt it even without the help of toxic you also get to deplete its sacred fires very quickly as well. It also can cancel setup vs dd ultranec on HO (+1 252+ Atk Necrozma-Ultra Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gothitelle: 162-191 (47 - 55.5%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, you just hard switch and spam charm), and is not a fodder for most stuff in ho barring xerneas.

NGL I forgot why arceus is ice beam.

W7 - vs 7u9i2
:ho-oh: :zygarde: :arceus-ground: :groudon-primal: :yveltal: :hydrapple: (W)
inspired by a build entrocefalo sent to me, thank you! It didn't have the apple tho
First of all, after debating and thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that mega-venusaur is probably the best last slot here, so you'd get this team.

What the fuck does hydrapple do? It is a zyg-c check (has to tera vs dtail/scale shot though), helps vs stall and certain arceus sets by forming a double regen core with ho-oh (it most notably covers cm groundceus), and is generally an interesting wallbreaker as its +2 calcs are just funny:
+2 252+ SpA Hydrapple Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 188 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 159-188 (40 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Hydrapple Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 348-409 (78.5 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Is it really viable? ehhhh honestly I think it probably is not. The team is good I think, and hydrapple kinda does its job here since zygarde-c can be really scary but eh, just use mega venusaur here in my opinion. Nasty Plot is something you also can't pull off in a lot of matchups and you are just a sack a lot of the time vs offensive teams.

I also have to mention the inclusion of dd bulky arceus ground in this team: it really is a very very very good set, and is a very strong win condition against offensive teams/HO. It helps a LOT against lot of Zacian teams, indirectly making this pokemon much easier to handle.

Finals tiebreaker - vs Weirdhamster
:gholdengo: :arceus-ground: :groudon-primal: :marshadow: :ho-oh: :zygarde: (W)
I wanted to get a positive matchup vs the fat stuff weirdhamster has been spamming, but recycling gothitelle was probably not a good idea since we already brought this mon vs weirdhamster twice (my teammate Alpha1013 brought the same gothitelle team vs him) so I needed something new. I thought about gholdengo, who could both be an win condition and be able to protect my hazards, which is huge considering lot of defensive teams are not prepared to not being able to get rid of them, although you'll have to tera against ho-oh.

I first tried to go for eternatus to cover offense, but covering opposing eternatus teams while gholdengo ability to block defog was rendered useless was way too hard to do, so instead I just went for spikestacking. To complete that, we got three phazing moves (ngl I didn't even purposely fit them here, they just were natural inclusions), and marsh+dd arceus who help a lot in the ho/offense matchup department.

Very fun tour, thank you hidin for hosting it. Thank you team for the support and the feedback on teams/the tests and letting me load wild teams, most especially Glimmer entrocefalo Alpha1013 adem Taka and Oculars, hopefully I didn't forget anyone.

Last edited:

TTK

Webtoon Character
is a Community Contributor
Finally time for the set dump. How did this mono player manage to only lose once in 10 weeks of games? What thought processes actually went on? Hopefully, there's some insight going forwards in this post.

W1 vs bruised
:sneasler::toxapex::muk-alola::venusaur-mega::nidoking::crobat:

Week 1 was funny because I was like Electric was such an easy type to load pre DLC2 but I knew bruised liked using types like Fairy or other Electric weak teams but Kinzo Ketchum said I shouldn't go Electric so I devolved into stall. poison I felt was a safe load into bruised and unfortunately replays are dead, but it was good load into Normal despite the fact there was a Ursaluna-BM. You know a mon is broken when you have a full team vs 3 and the game is nowhere near over.

W2 vs chungus
:lopunny-mega::chansey::porygon2::ursaluna-bloodmoon::ditto::staraptor:

Week 2 vs chungus, felt normal was safe seeing how I knew they would bring Dragon. They brought Dark into my Normal which I knew like the back of my hand so this was an easy W for me. Live recording of the game here

W3 vs faded
:regieleki::tapu-koko::zapdos::iron-hands::rotom-wash::sandy-shocks:

Shoutout to TBIC106 for discussing this one with me, I had an idea that Electric would be a good bring here since I considered all typings my oppo likes and Electric seemed to win all of them. Faded brought Fire and let's just say Electric was prepared for that one. I actually did record the replay of this game.

W4 vs Toasterboi
:kommo-o::goodra-hisui::garchomp::roaring-moon::kyurem::dragonite: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-2006268037-80fezgwomi5y0idzuxkye1uhh0t764kpw

Probably the hardest week to prep for but I said into chat to my manager "I'm going to assume I'm better than my opponent" and I won in quite an annoying matchup vs fighting, as you can see, half my team is weak to Fighting!

W5 vs Uta The Clown
:pelipper::swampert-mega::toxapex::greninja::ogerpon-wellspring::empoleon: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-2012368060

Hadn't loaded my favourite type in mono water yet and I'm not expecting Elec or Grass. I'm confident I win every neutral matchup but I face Ground so gg.

W6 vs Chungus
:tapu-koko::tapu-fini::azumarill::iron-valiant::diancie-mega::ribombee: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-2017674074

DLC2 first week, ik this guy is going to bring Dragon so I had the dirtiest cteam of all time. Won't expose any specifics but I didn't go 9-1 because I got good matchups every time. I went 9-1 because I made estimated guesses on what my opponents brought and prepped accordingly xD. Dragon is still a 18 type beater but my Fairy was prepared for Gouging Fire. Webs so Scarf Moon doesn't go out of hand. Tapu Fini + Azu to always stop Roaring Moon. I had an ice cteam ready with salac berry zen mode gdarm, style.css knows how dangerous it got.

W7 vs TTTech
:kyurem::gouging-fire::garchomp::archaludon::altaria-mega::roaring-moon: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-2021738293

This Dragon team has gone through like 1000 edits at this point but ye, Dragon still dumb asf and even my opponent knew it. Unfortunately, they let me get a headstart with sweeping with MAlt and the game ended very quickly.

W8 vs Serise
:landorus::ursaluna-bloodmoon::hippowdon::excadrill::clodsire::garchomp-mega: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-2028590890

Went up vs Rock here. Rock was seeing a resurgence since people found an "optimal" build to use with Shuckle webs + Ogerpon-C. I just went ground because it's going to beat Dragon if you don't play like a 1100 player. I did almost lose this one though since Air Balloon Omastar is very threatening but your boy really wanted the 10-0 dream you know.

W9 vs Chungus
Same team as week 2. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-2034157705

My only loss, one which I take full responsibility for as making changes to a team that made no sense. You never drop Stoss on Chansey and I was Toxic P2 when either Boltbeam would've done wonders vs Flying. Maybe I got complacent who knows but when you're doing that consistently, you might fall off a little bit.

W9 tiebreak vs Chungus
:toxapex::urshifu-rapid-strike::greninja::gastrodon::ogerpon-wellspring::empoleon: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-2038418767
My last game of the tour, for the tiebreak. I went out as well as I started this tour. Shoutout to Kinzo Ketchum for suggesting water.
I want to thank the managers Runo and TBIC106 for drafting me. I did want to get drafted in NDPL but it didn't happen. I did what I intended from the start of the tour.
sir jelloton omarsgarciav Weirdhamster about15guys nimzowitsch Amstan Daepiquejt I didn't assist y'all too much since I'm a one-trick for life but thanks for all the support.
ARTYMASION is the secret weapon for monotype you heard it first from me.
autumn my fellow UK compatriot nice to team with you again.
Kinzo Ketchum Thanks for the ideas for mono despite the fact you don't play the tier.[/URL]

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi i built some of the ou teams for the gargs so im gna be dumping them in here w some short descriptions
w2 delemon vs omar (L)
:samurott-hisui: :medicham-mega: :slowking-galar: :tornadus-therian: :landorus-therian: :kartana:
Icl ider much about this week but I think I just dumped some stuff and delemon picked what he liked. Unfortunately Jirachi is broken and we played around it a bit poor, but this team is okay just needs a bit of adjustments to work well nowadays, a bit weak to Gliscor currently. MMedi + Hisamu is common sense, spikes + breaker is a formula as old as time, scarf kart cleans and GKing Lando Torn is the defensive core with GKing providing FS to help stuff break easier.

w3 delemon vs noname (L)
:latias-mega: :ogerpon-wellspring: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian: :volcarona: :clefable:
Im ngl this week matchup wise we were really fucked, but looking back at this the squad I think with some edits (mainly for gliscor lolz) i think it can work well enough, Boots Lele + Spikes Gliscor + Weavile has got to be some mazar level cteaming, altho ill claim fault a bit for being weak into Glisc. Overall I think we made some mistakes, I think there was some possibility of a win but it was incredibly hard overall, cant put much fault on delemon here just got outprepped. SP lati + spikes was a normal g8 esque team, Waterpon was a cool breaker for the squad and helps in bulkier matchups, Rest are part of the defensive core and Volc cleans, relatively standard, but needs a secondary knocker I think, prob on ferro.

Sample Submission
finals monkeydidit vs autumn (w)
:dragonite: :serperior: :landorus-therian: :volcarona: :iron-boulder: :scizor-mega:
this week was absolutely genius, and showcased my favourite team so far this gen, dangerous ho (no capital letters make it sound more dangerous and edgy). i saw that this dnite set mauled all of omar and autumns builds so far this tour, and they have been using generally more bo/offense oriented stuff which this ho farms. z outrage dnite is the best dnite set in the tier and is so very cool, imo dnite in general is mandatory on ho (alongside volc). speaking of volc, this set is walled by tran, but every other mon here either forces it to tera or walls it outright, so i didnt think we needed ground move here. lando is standard lead, sub sd boulder is a set i love now courtesy of monkey and imo the best, sets up on everything and wins. mzor is one of the better ho mons rn, im usually not a fan of it but it works here and fucks a lot of non zapdos bos and balances, + helps with lele. serp is a cool pick because it can lure and beat the shitty cane zapdos sets, so zor can win (god coba), and double coverage is a cool breaker that helps with bulkier stuff. this team does struggle with stall, especially donzo stuff, but its definitely not a instalosw mu and can be outplayed.

Sample Submission
finals tb monkeydidit vs omarsgarciav (w)
:zamazenta: :tyranitar-mega: :gliscor: :toxapex: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:
another stroke of genius by yours truly, outside of waterpon which he spams, omars stuff are generally owned by sd gliscor, and id zama generally farms every single build he has used, so i put them together and voila! double ground hurt my eyes but it works well here since id zama isnt proper speed control, torn can also be used over lando if sd sp waterpon is too hard to deal with but i think lando is cooler anyways. tspikes + tar also owns him since his foggers are bad zapdos or lando or absorbed by gking, and that works well with zama. this team is so fun to use and was a last minute build frankly, since we couldnt decide on a team. as expected, sd gliscor farmed and there was no hazard control. id zama also 6-0ed but never had to come out since monkey won with glisc anyways lols.

very happy to ghost manage with Oculars and Michael213 , u guys were great (but scared me multiple times during the draft)

s/o especially to themonkeydidit , you really stepped up and your record shows it, you most definitely deserve at the very least a spot in ndpl and ndwc, your effort put in was amazing to see and you piloted my teams really well, so proud of u bro, ur destined for great things in the tier.

Big Chungus irl
icl bro i doubted you a bit in the draft, but oculars saw something in you, and he most definitely proved me very wrong. your prep and plays in game were absolutely insane, and i am sosososoos happy you proved yourself in this tour, it would be absolutely criminal if you dont get picked in ndpl after this. you were committed every single week, and played every single matchup up til the end, and won. even that ome week where u loaded dragon vs fairy and completely farmed, like u cant understand how impressed i was by that. the atmosphere you provided was another thing as well, always motivated and willing to keep up the mood, even when we were down 4 that one week (and clutched). you will do amazing in the big leagues, not just ndpl but maybe even stuff like mpl and the like.

Batzi The Stormzone of NatDex
glad u got drafted, in a decently competitive pool u proved u werent washed and ended up with one of the better records in the tour. some matchups were bad and you could have had a better record outside of that, but you know how much i look up to you from day one. not much i can say except thank u for being effectively the longest friend ive had on this site lol, was an experience to go thru your highs and lows but im happy to see you doing much better for yourself brother, love you

R8 noob
(your ubers prep was unlike anything ive seen before, the creativity was one thing, but the effort put in was phenomenal. you were a crazy steal in the draft for what you put in, and your record shows that. i have high hopes for u brother, i def think you can even do well in stuff like upl and the likes, and most definitely ndpl, thank you for everything bro much love)

spoo fat
(icl i didnt check any of the lower tier chats LOL but from what ive seen in ur prep and ur games, u were amazing and im suprised u didnt get picked in ndpl. happy i convinced oculars to draft u, the vibes u brought in were fire. thank u for winning ur games and being a close friend to me this past few years<3)

Alpha1013
you let me down a bit the first few weeks, but you really stepped up and proved yourself when it really mattered. the mentality change you had this tour needs to be studied, and you can most definitely do much better in this tier based on how you’ve piloted. your a good player bro, dont let anyone push you down, just need to get in your rhythm. proud of u bro, well done.

Glimmer icl your record didnt do you justice, it was unlucky but you put in the work and played well in your games, this just wasnt your tour maybe and thats fine!!! keep ur head up and im sure you’ll do well outside of this, just need to find ur rhythm. any ndpl team would be glad to draft u if u sign up, ur commitment to the tour was insane

awyp Slowpoke Fan
same w spoo, i did not bother with any of ur channels or prep, but u both did well in game and prep respectfully and were key to winning. sorry we couldnt slot you in slowpoke, but even with that you didnt lose motivation up til the end and kept on helping. ly both

delemon Nish the Great
both your seasons didnt turn out as what any of us hoped, but you were still integral to us winning this tour, and won when we needed you to. im sure you all can do well in the nd tour scene from what ive seen from u both.

Mr.Bossaru
we won this for you brother, your spirit pushed us forward, fly high king

s/o to all the prep help we had along the way as well, ChrisPBacon ezra qsns cat Thedeathsofbeings234 Dead by Daylight Taka seth Astro Nation Shoe

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)