Tournament National Dex World Cup IV - Finals (Won by US Northeast)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
ggs to Spain+LA, by the way. Great opponents, could've gone either way. Hope you guys had fun

thanks to my teammates for balling out, special thanks to Isza for carrying prep despite us disagreeing every week LMAO nothing but love bro

thebestever543

I COULD BE BANNED!
I want to start off by saying well done to all players who participated in this tournament. There were a lot of crazy moments in this tour, an unexpected finals appearance from Latam + Spain, breakout and comeback performances from a couple players and of course NE does it again, 3 years in a row. I had a fun time playing with all of you, we have a lot of experienced players and builders so it was a good opportunity for me to learn and grow as a player. Special thanks to Isza for picking me up as a sub, I hope we can do it again sometime! Congrats NE, GG!

I haven’t done shit but let’s gooooo. Shoutout Isza for being a goated manager and helping every slot and checking up on everybody. He put in so much time and effort building and keeping activity. hellom take notes brotha. Even though I didn’t play as good I’m still thankful to be apart of the community and it’s 3rd win in a row. Cheers to many more NE victories. Well fought to Spain

Congrats to Latam + Spain on a really impressive finals run, and also generally to all the teams we played, felt we were challenged almost every week.

Always an honor to play for US Northeast and a pleasure to play and build with you Isza, thanks for having me again this year. I have no way to explain the run I have personally been on but I do know you are the catalyst for it all.

Playing with and against the best players in high stakes games is the reason I still love playing, but I know nothing in life lasts forever so I try and make the most of these opportunities while I can. Great job to all NE teammates and thanks for a really enjoyable experience, and also a special thank you to all helpers and to thebestever543 for helping a ton with my personal prep and test games every week. You brought great activity and any team in NDPL would benefit from drafting you.

Until next time.

First of all ggs to ne, we almost pulled off the craziest comeback but you guys aren't the defending champions for no reason

I want to thank our managers Mrbanana45 seroo and ghost manager Tempo di anguria for giving me the honor of being a part of this team. These last 8 weeks have been a blast and I feel like I've improved a lot as a player. Nobody believed in us at the beginning yet we managed to make it to finals and bring it down to the very last game, needless to say we had a crazy run team, and hopefully we'll all be back next year and take home the whole tour.

here's to ndwc 2025
tumblr_nh72jpNVK01ttdkobo2_400.gif

Ggs Latam + Spain, your run was impressive and you guys showed your strength as competitors. Hope to see you all in this NDPL :pimp:

I was originally not going to sign up to manage this year. Between my horrible tiebreak game in NDPL and my bad streak this spl [0-4] I didn't want to play anymore pokemon. To make things worse, I wasn't going to be able to play with my friends (Spell, sage, fade, 3d, LBN) because of region split/lack of interest. What made me end up managing was I wanted to bring home a ring to the community members that care, under the condition that I didn't play unless nessesary. Between rebuilding our team from scratch, managing, and the mini heart attacks I got some weeks I'd say this was a long ass tour. In the end it was worth it congratulations my friends.

I want to thank the people that didn't have to hang out/help us/said some kind words at any point during the tournament. jawsome274 Evilo42 PigWarrior19 gum (Team therapist didn't do any therapy) Chris32156 TPP fade tko hellom and Iceberg77 You're all always welcome in any environment I'm in, I'm so grateful :heart:

And now for my teammates, spoilers tags are references from songs:

Lameflame
Screenshot_20240519_235128_Discord.jpg I think this pm changed alot for us both. Giving individuals opportunities is my favorite because at some point someone took a chance on me. You had a really rough streak although I'm glad you were able to show your skills this tour. Never stop improving boss ill see you in the next team tour

seth
Screenshot_20240520_001059_Discord.jpgThis was our first interaction, and the reason i bring this up is to show how things can change over time. Its really easy to form opinions about people you don't speak to, and speakingfor both of us its fair to say we think the other was lame. Now? Funny, good teammate, good player.(stop using pex ferro on everyteam it holds you back) I'm hopeful that after this tour you can see my character contrasts what was shown back then. Congrats on your ring you earned it.

Redgoop115
Screenshot_20240520_002159_Discord.jpgcongrats on your first ring as a manager king! I hope you learned alot it was a pleasure discussing ss with you and jawesome i appreciate you checking me when my teams were ass. The only thing i ask, is when presented with the opportunity give someone else a chance. Pass it on

peap
(we dont have many dms ):
I apologize for how i addressedthr game after you lost in semis. I'm human however as a manager that's not cool, you and kyo have your own styles and i need to respect that more. Always a pleasure otherwise.

Kyo
Screenshot_20240520_003225_Discord.jpg Stolen from midwest gg. I need to respect your style more, i just feel you win alot more with standard and it does upset me at times. However you always go positive and i cant complain. Ty for playing for me congrats on your 2nd team tour ring

Finchinator
Screenshot_20240520_003547_Discord.jpg I've known you for awhile boss, ty for always playing for me because ngl i dont have anyone else LOL. Between you, sage, and ryan its safe to say northeast has the best nd ss.(sorry asia fanboys) Best of luck in WC will be rooting for east there as well.

ryan not tagging his name
IMG_20240520_003909_382.jpg My sage replacement, she would be proud deadass. As much as a ramble about nd im glad you were able to play and have fun. You let me give you ANYTHING without question and as a builder thats really appreciated win or lose. I said id buy you lunch if you won but i deadass lied sorry big bro.

sir jelloton
Screenshot_20240520_004300_Discord.jpg Brooklyn has the best food spots, and date night spots. Everything else is mid unfortunately sorry. Only thing that isnt mid is your play, your dedication to the tier is respectable and i appreciate the effort you put in each week. Ill send you drill music sometimes your music taste kinda ass.

Sabella
ngl you didnt do anything LOL ive known you for so long theres too much to say. Ty for clutching in finals this mpl will be either another adventure or a fucking disaster

Lostmemories
this dude is from the fucking bronx LMFAOOOO ice spice face ass. I'm happy you got some games In, hellom actually recommended you and im glad to have you around. Every little bit of help is appreciated as always, dont be lacking on the subway

CrossHeart
The reason for all our mono wins is because of you, i cannot take credit for anything. Took some pressure off me cause ik sabella wasnt doing jack, its appreciatedas always bro gl in MPL

thebestever543
im tired i didnt forget you. After USA VS ROW i knew i had to get you. Always active and willing to help. Seth and Lameflame appreciate the support and i hope you can make a case for yourselfin ndpl

emma Fragments Ngl you guys didn't speak at all but it's ok LOL this wasn't on the priority list this year I get it. Ty for joining regardless.

Every week we won I always showed my team food from date night. Here's the last picture of the season:
20240514_195005.jpg

As always thank you to the community for having me, I'll be back for ndpl. :heart:

Last edited:
Ggs Latam + Spain, your run was impressive and you guys showed your strength as competitors. Hope to see you all in this NDPL :pimp:

I was originally not going to sign up to manage this year. Between my horrible tiebreak game in NDPL and my bad streak this spl [0-4] I didn't want to play anymore pokemon. To make things worse, I wasn't going to be able to play with my friends (Spell, sage, fade, 3d, LBN) because of region split/lack of interest. What made me end up managing was I wanted to bring home a ring to the community members that care, under the condition that I didn't play unless nessesary. Between rebuilding our team from scratch, managing, and the mini heart attacks I got some weeks I'd say this was a long ass tour. In the end it was worth it congratulations my friends.

I want to thank the people that didn't have to hang out/help us/said some kind words at any point during the tournament. jawsome274 Evilo42 PigWarrior19 gum (Team therapist didn't do any therapy) Chris32156 TPP fade tko hellom and Iceberg77 You're all always welcome in any environment I'm in, I'm so grateful :heart:

Lameflame
View attachment 634178 I think this pm changed alot for us both. Giving individuals opportunities is my favorite because at some point someone took a chance on me. You had a really rough streak although I'm glad you were able to show your skills this tour. Never stop improving boss ill see you in the next team tour

seth
View attachment 634184This was our first interaction, and the reason i bring this up is to show how things can change over time. Its really easy to form opinions about people you don't speak to, and speakingfor both of us its fair to say we think the other was lame. Now? Funny, good teammate, good player.(stop using pex ferro on everyteam it holds you back) I'm hopeful that after this tour you can see my character contrasts what was shown back then. Congrats on your ring you earned it.

Redgoop115
View attachment 634192congrats on your first ring as a manager king! I hope you learned alot it was a pleasure discussing ss with you and jawesome i appreciate you checking me when my teams were ass. The only thing i ask, is when presented with the opportunity give someone else a chance. Pass it on

peap
I apologize for how i addressedthr game after you lost in semis. I'm human however as a manager that's not cool, you and kyo have your own styles and i need to respect that more. Always a pleasure otherwise.

Kyo
View attachment 634195 Stolen from midwest gg. I need to respect your style more, i just feel you win alot more with standard and it does upset me at times. However you always go positive and i cant complain. Ty for playing for me congrats on your 2nd team tour ring

Finchinator
View attachment 634196 I've known you for awhile boss, ty for always playing for me because ngl i dont have anyone else LOL. Between you, sage, and ryan its safe to say northeast has the best nd ss.(sorry asia fanboys) Best of luck in WC will be rooting for east there as well.

View attachment 634197 My sage replacement, she would be proud deadass. As much as a ramble about nd im glad you were able to play and have fun. You let me give you ANYTHING without question and as a builder thats really appreciated win or lose. I said id buy you lunch if you won but i deadass lied sorry big bro.

sir jelloton
View attachment 634198 Brooklyn has the best food spots, and date night spots. Everything else is mid unfortunately sorry. Only thing that isnt mid is your play, your dedication to the tier is respectable and i appreciate the effort you put in each week. Ill send you drill music sometimes your music taste kinda ass.

Sabella
ngl you didnt do anything LOL ive known you for so long theres too much to say. Ty for clutching in finals this mpl will be either another adventure or a fucking disaster

Lostmemories
this dude is from the fucking bronx LMFAOOOO ice spice face ass. I'm happy you got some games In, hellom actually recommended you and im glad to have you around. Every little bit of help is appreciated as always, dont be lacking on the subway

CrossHeart
The reason for all our mono wins is because of you, i cannot take credit for anything. Took some pressure off me cause ik sabella wasnt doing jack, its appreciatedas always bro gl in MPL

thebestever543
im tired i didnt forget you. After USA VS ROW i knew i had to get you. Always active and willing to help. Seth and Lameflame appreciate the support and i hope you can make a case for yourselfin ndpl

emma Fragments Ngl you guys didn't speak at all but it's ok LOL this wasn't on the priority list this year I get it. Ty for joining regardless.

Every week we won I always showed my team food from date night. Here's the last picture of the season:
View attachment 634203

As always thank you to the community for having me, I'll be back for ndpl. :heart:

thank you dude, im glad i could help out where i did, ur the goat and im glad ive been able to help out these last 2 wcs :)

thebestever543

I COULD BE BANNED!

Lameflame
View attachment 634178 I think this pm changed alot for us both. Giving individuals opportunities is my favorite because at some point someone took a chance on me. You had a really rough streak although I'm glad you were able to show your skills this tour. Never stop improving boss ill see you in the next team tour

seth
View attachment 634184This was our first interaction, and the reason i bring this up is to show how things can change over time. Its really easy to form opinions about people you don't speak to, and speakingfor both of us its fair to say we think the other was lame. Now? Funny, good teammate, good player.(stop using pex ferro on everyteam it holds you back) I'm hopeful that after this tour you can see my character contrasts what was shown back then. Congrats on your ring you earned it.

Redgoop115
View attachment 634192congrats on your first ring as a manager king! I hope you learned alot it was a pleasure discussing ss with you and jawesome i appreciate you checking me when my teams were ass. The only thing i ask, is when presented with the opportunity give someone else a chance. Pass it on

peap

Kyo
View attachment 634195 Stolen from midwest gg. I need to respect your style more, i just feel you win alot more with standard and it does upset me at times. However you always go positive and i cant complain. Ty for playing for me congrats on your 2nd team tour ring

Finchinator
View attachment 634196 I've known you for awhile boss, ty for always playing for me because ngl i dont have anyone else LOL. Between you, sage, and ryan its safe to say northeast has the best nd ss.(sorry asia fanboys) Best of luck in WC will be rooting for east there as well.

View attachment 634197 My sage replacement, she would be proud deadass. As much as a ramble about nd im glad you were able to play and have fun. You let me give you ANYTHING without question and as a builder thats really appreciated win or lose. I said id buy you lunch if you won but i deadass lied sorry big bro.

sir jelloton
View attachment 634198 Brooklyn has the best food spots, and date night spots. Everything else is mid unfortunately sorry. Only thing that isnt mid is your play, your dedication to the tier is respectable and i appreciate the effort you put in each week. Ill send you drill music sometimes your music taste kinda ass.

Sabella

Lostmemories

CrossHeart

thebestever543

View attachment 634203

IMG_4723.jpeg

GGs Latam+Spain, y’all really grinded to get to finals and put up a great fight all love and gl next year.

To everyone who played and helped with us this year, congrats and thank you so much. We got this dub because of the effort y’all put in every week in the builder and in game. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to manage and learn from, and I’m glad y’all were rewarded for the work yall put in. Much love and I hope #4 is on the way.

Big shoutout to Isza in particular for giving me the opportunity to manage. I don’t think I would’ve ever considered managing as a whole if he hasn’t asked. I was playing a lot less mons since sv but managing this tour was some of the most fun i’ve had on ps in a minute. You a great manager and player and you deserve this 3peat more than anyone.

ngl i’m not going thru and pinging everyone but y’all know who u r ggs cya next year :heart:

Last edited:

peap

asleep
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I’m definitely getting old for this game but putting in the effort feels so much better in team environments like NDWC, RBTT, and WCOR. Have to shoutout Isza for keeping the culture hungry and serial teammates Kyo and Lameflame despite this being our 3rd year going for gold and especially new guys seth thebestever543 Redgoop115 Lostmemories. Mono and Doubles and our venerable SS squad (see meme above) were incredibly solid slots and even though we didn’t talk much I always smelled the good food y’all were cooking back in the kitchen.

Sorry for disappearing during semis and bringing Growth Mega Venusaur, I had personal issues come up (did I mention I’m getting too old?) but hope I redeemed with the W in finals.

Congrats to LATAM + Spain for the deep run and nervous moments, and also Asia + Oceania for the nailbiter semis. Despite “just” being US Northeast this year (instead of Northeast + Canada in NDWC III or Northeast + South in NDWC II), I felt like we had the best guys in each slot and the most active helpers (especially Fragments).

Hope I can make it back next year. Natdex has grown like threefold since I started in 2021, but Northeast will always bring the heat!

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion

Lameflame

seth

Redgoop115

peap

Kyo

Finchinator

sir jelloton

Sabella

Lostmemories

CrossHeart

thebestever543

View attachment 634203

Ur food looks like shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)