Resource National Dex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

If a pokemon learnt a move at any point since gen7, it will learn the move in national dex, that's it
Thanks !

Now that make me think of a edge case maybe not actually in game, if a pokemon learns an attack only in BDSP, and never had it in 7g nor in posterior games, should he gets the new attack per this rule?

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Thanks !

Now that make me think of a edge case maybe not actually in game, if a pokemon learns an attack only in BDSP, and never had it in 7g nor in posterior games, should he gets the new attack per this rule?
It does not, NatDex only assumes transfers between mainlines games. Ex: Probopass learns Body Press only in BDSP, and thus doesn't learn the move in NatDex either.

Of the pokemons banned from NatDex OU. which one is most likely to be released? or undergo a suspect test.
including also, the ones that were never released, like mega-alakazan, mega-blastoice or zygard 50%.

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Of the pokemons banned from NatDex OU. which one is most likely to be released? or undergo a suspect test.
including also, the ones that were never released, like mega-alakazan, mega-blastoice or zygard 50%.
probably ursaluna, the ban on it was a little weird, it was kinda annoying but definitely manageable.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
luna and moon most likely, definitely not any of the stuff you mentioned tho lol, those are not coming back anytime soon

R8

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Zygarde without Power Construct doesn't sound that broken, especially since it was legal in the beginning of SS NatDex and there was a power creep this generation.
Zygarde already is very strong with its options to bypass its checks, it certainly will be insane with Tera. There even is an Ubers set that can be replicated in OU: t-arrows - thousand waves - rest - dragon dance. The idea is to trap a check thanks to t-waves, tera to wall it, and setup to +6 +6 with rest + dragon dance, and sweep - I very much doubt this set would be healthy here

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
any takes on physical valiant on HO (hyper offense)
I feel like your best bet for physical iron valiant is probably either z move sd ival or that one booster energy encore set, both are kinda middling but the encore set can fuck people up if they don't expect it

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Somewhat interested in this, because it's been a while.

It seems one of the primary reasons Shedinja was initially banned was due to it's use in combination with Shed Tail and Terastylisation:

Shedinja is now banned.

With Terastalization and Shed Tail in the metagame, Shedinja effectively becomes an unkillable monster. Electric Tera + Air Balloon has been its main set, and with it, it has forced several defensive Pokemon to start running weather setting moves on their moveset, such as Sandstorm Ting-Lu. With Substitute from Shed Tail, Shedinja is also capable of blocking status that would otherwise impede it from walling the metagame. Shedinja has generally been regarded as uncompetitive in this metagame, and as a result, it has been banned.

Tagging Kris and Marty to implement.
With Shed Tail gone, is counterplay to Tera Shedinja still considered too niche to add it back?

about15gals

formerly about15guys
is a Pre-Contributor
Somewhat interested in this, because it's been a while.

It seems one of the primary reasons Shedinja was initially banned was due to it's use in combination with Shed Tail and Terastylisation:

With Shed Tail gone, is counterplay to Tera Shedinja still considered too niche to add it back?
absolutely, it's still a pokemon that is just completely immune to all damaging moves if it wants to be, and the lack of the very small cplay it did have in ubers (good mold breaker pokemon like reshiram, zekrom or zygarde's thousand arrows) still makes it overpowered, even if it is still weak to status. A decent portion of teams just don't have any status moves and the ability to just instantly win on matchup is too much for the tier

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Regarding the many various gimmicks still allowed, can i Tera a different mon if i mega a Pokemon, or if i use a z move prior on a different mon
Or is it 1 gimmick per game, each player obvs having their own choice to make

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Regarding the many various gimmicks still allowed, can i Tera a different mon if i mega a Pokemon, or if i use a z move prior on a different mon
Or is it 1 gimmick per game, each player obvs having their own choice to make
you can use all 3 on the same team, just not all on the same mon

This probably isn't the place to post this but I think it might be worth considering moving the Gen 8 NatDex Resources + Discussion thread to either its own subforum or to the SS RoA forum, especially considering the recent reintroduction of the ladder. I think it is too easy to miss the different flair at the moment and that there could be a lot of people potentially interested in playing the tier unaware of its existence as it is squeezed in between all of the Gen 9 NatDex threads and resources.

R8

National Dex Leader
This probably isn't the place to post this but I think it might be worth considering moving the Gen 8 NatDex Resources + Discussion thread to either its own subforum or to the SS RoA forum, especially considering the recent reintroduction of the ladder. I think it is too easy to miss the different flair at the moment and that there could be a lot of people potentially interested in playing the tier unaware of its existence as it is squeezed in between all of the Gen 9 NatDex threads and resources.
I think ideally we should give it its own subforum here (like nduu and ndmono currently), but considering that the thread is quite dead I think this might not be the move, for now at least.

Seeing how beneficial getting its own discord was for NDUU, I'm thinking about doing the same with SS ND, and if that happens/works we might eventually give it its own subforum. No decisions has been officially taken yet though, but I think it would be pretty epic if SS ND gets more attention

Apparently I hear Corviknight isn't doing so hot ATM in the meta, and I wonder if there's more to it than Gholdengo's existence and the nerf to recovery moves. Is there?

R8

National Dex Leader
Apparently I hear Corviknight isn't doing so hot ATM in the meta, and I wonder if there's more to it than Gholdengo's existence and the nerf to recovery moves. Is there?
I think it still has some king merit but besides being a defogger (that loses to ghold) and pivot it doesn't do that much: it checks lele, valiant (unless it teras and turn you into a setup fodder), enamorus, and that's pretty much kinda it. Its also a fake check to stuff like mlop and tusk, especially since it's super easy to force to roost and to take advantage of with whatever u have in the back - imo it's just a mon that generally is too easy to play around/take advantage of. On defensive teams you generally always go Skarm over it considering how useful spikes are as well.

Maybe BU sets are still worth something though, I remember some pple toying with it at the beginning of the gen and it was actually a bit annoying

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Does regieleki beat deoxys speed since regieleki can outspeed deoxys speed and ko it with thunder cage due to it also chipping deoxys speed.
This is not a NatDex OU question since both mons are banned from the format. You would get better answers asking this in the NDOT SQSA, but in short: it doesn't do a great job at beating Deo-S since the goal of Deo-S is to setup hazards and die. So Thunder Cage would kill but what is stopping it from placing down spikes? Every single ground in the tier also just stonewalls Regieleki so using it is ill-advised in the first place.

With kingambit out of the meta, when will we have a suspect test for gholdengo and dragapult? if you have mainly gholdengo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)