Announcement Meloetta, Cinderace, and Necrozma are quickbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
After listening to the feedback in the On The Radar thread, another quickban slate was held for Meloetta, Cinderace, and Necrozma. It was planned to be a ranked choice vote for each Pokemon, with options to quickban, suspect, or to not do anything for each. All Pokemon ended up being quickbanned without the need for second choice votes. Tagging Kris for implementation, ty

Cinderace: BAN
ban - 7
suspect - 1
drip: av is stupidly good and other offensive sets farm mons you would otherwise not roll like wp meta, far and away the best mon in the tier and even then it can 50/50 a lot of it's checks thanks to libero with moves like sucker, trailblaze, etc. don't think it sticks around in a productive way and the counters it has besides dragons can be worked around with the right prep.
RTM: This mon has very respectful speed and attack, although where it shines most is in its great coverage in combination with libero. This mons greatest strength is in its versatility between band, scarf, lo and counter sets which combine to have very few (if any) true counters. While this isn't the end of the world just on ladder, it's unfair versatility in a tournament setting is what has me quickbanning instead of suspecting.
Litt: -
Bo: I am not convinced this is broken, but based on current feel, I think it will be broken in the future anyways, and this is what people want.
delemon: -
deg: -
kaif: -
clerica: it’s really fucked up what this mon can do. It’s not hard to find a Cindy that can 3-0 pmuch 80% of previews you see and we’ve seen stuff like av finesse checks in champs already. Too techable and not much reason not to abuse this guy

Meloetta: BAN
ban - 8
dnb - 0
drip: this thing is a win button with no bad sets really. has a ton of tools to mess around with as well and it has great coverage physically and specially. statchecks a lot of viable mons as well and the amount of sheer options at it's disposal are insane. even if not all are common or viable i think having this as the best mon is a weird direction lmfao.
bo: Super broken, without question
RTM: Meloetta has flew under the radar of most people despite being on the first slate. Melo has insane special bulk and solid physical bulk which allow it to beat a lot without even trying. Anything that resists both normal and psychic gets owned by meloetta turning into a fighting type physical attacker, as do darks. Its solid coverage + its insane special attack and passable speed let it beat whatever it really wants. Overall just better than everything else really.
clerica: this mon is pmuch just better necro imo. Normal stab goes a long way and it can run stall as well. Its stats inherently beat almost every special attacker in the game and it can stall out most physical attackers with charm sets as well
deg -

Necrozma: BAN
ban - 6
suspect - 2
bo: Super broken, without question
RTM: You have to run specific dark types to beat it reliably. While the only common sets are LO, Specs and Stall, it has proven able to run band, scarf, dd, wp from what i've seen so far. It's through this that makes it a nightmare to face at preview, as well as a nightmare in builder, where it greatly limits creativity. Aside from the versatility, Necrozma serves as a benchmark mon, except said benchmarks require Assault Vest along with invest on most mons just to live a neutral hit. Far too restrictive, necro has no place staying in the meta.
drip: -
clerica: honestly just not impressed with this guy still. It’s pretty strong but I think it’s more manageable than people make it out to be especially considering how difficult it is to beat melo consistently in comparison. Trying to beat melo will usually end up beating necro as well. It’s still strong so I’m down to suspect but I’d rather not qb
deg: -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)