XY UU MAero & Co. (would like some help)

Hello all, this is my first RMT, so bear with me please.

This team was originally created prior to the release of ORAS for Joey's ORAS UU tournament. (where I lost in the first round, but that's the not the point) And due to the fact that no one had played any ORAS UU, I ended up building mainly to stop the new megas that I thought people would bring without really know what specific sets to prepare for. In the end I developed what I feel is a solid team, but feels like just lacks that special something. Anyway, lets get in to the team...

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- Roost

Heading in, I had decided that MAero was gonna be the mon to build around as it could check a fair few of the new toys I was expecting to come up against. (i.e. 'Drill, Scep', Gallade, and to an extent Lopunny) I decided, on dual-stab because Aerial Ace is necessary for the megas i want to check and Stone Edge is just a solid stab move. Defog is there because I like MAero as an offensive defogger, and it helps he and Arcanine stay around longer. And then Roost is to further increase his staying power. I went adamant max because i wanted to hit as hard as possible and honestly didn't expect people to use jolly/timid drill/scep. I am very open to changing MAero's set, but I don't really know what set I'd switch to.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish

Jirachi was next to go on the team because I'm afraid of M-Diancie and MAltaria, but more so because Jirachi is easily on of the best pokemon in UU. Went for the a scarf set because i felt it was necessary to out-speed and pressure threats like M-Diancie, and MAltaria. Zen is the only slight oddity on the set, and is there mainly for Lop. All in all, Rachi does a job, and does it well.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

Next up is Vaporeon as I was fearing Mega-Pert, and Vape is just a really good bulky water. Pretty much the standard set with scald, the powerful wish/tect and roar over baton pass because it's just really nice to be able to faze out set-up mons like Zyggy and Crocune who are just generally terrifying to have to deal with.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore

Originally, this was a Celebi as my team really needed a way to actually do damage to bulky waters, but due to a combination of me not really being able to pin down a solid set and my team not having anything for Zyggy, Celebi was dropped for the beast that is Whimsi. Even though this Whimsi is offensively inclined, I decided to go for lefties over a life orb because I needed Whimsi to check a lot of threats like every bulky water, Zyggy, and dragons. The only issue I have with Whimsi is that it has one of the worst cases of 4MSS I've ever see, but these moves allow it to do a job the best, so they're what I'm going with.

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- ExtremeSpeed

Standard physically defensive Arcanine is my #1 answer to physical attackers, and he does his job superbly. He just comes in, cripples the opposing physical attackers, and just generally wears down the opponent. So far he has by far been the MVP of the team. However in some matches I find that he has too much pressure put on him and gets worn down too quickly. (I actually have a similar issue with Whimsi, now that I think about it)

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Krook is probably my absolute favorite mon in all of UU, and is definitely one of my most often used. This particular set, I stole off of one of the forums from dudeman because I needed rocks, but I also wanted Krook to remain threatening offensively. The cool thing about the dread plate, is that it allows you to feign a choice band set and bop mons that will try to take advantage of you being choice locked. (example: Pursuit trapped a Chandy, and the guy thought he could bring in his SD Luc and set up in my face, EQd and that was a dead Luc)

Well, that's the team guys, I thank you for reading and I look forward to your suggestions.

hey this is a real good team, and a pretty neat one too. i wouldnt change any of the mons on your team, although there are a couple of changes i would make to your sets. firstly with jirachi, i would run trick on it over healing wish, as you already have vaporeon as a cleric. as for whimsicott, maybe you could try specs with energy ball over giga drain and a combination of psychic switcheroo or uturn in the last two slots. this can let whims check water types more reliably since whimsicott is fairly weak. as for vaporeon, i would run baton pass over roar because it can safely bring in whimsicott versus hard hitting water types like mega blastoise, as well as allowing you to beat sub cm suicune since ice beam hurts whimsicott. not to mention baton pass in general is real good on vaporeon for momentum and bringing other stuff safely. im not so sure about an optimal mega aero spread though

Hey I agree that this is a pretty great team, thanks for the credit on that Krookodile I really appreciate it n_n

First thing is that I think your Vaporeon should have a Calm nature as otherwise, you don't have much for the Nidos (Sludge Wave will 2HKO your Vaporeon with only a little bit of prior damage and Stealth Rocks) and various other special attackers (such as Chandelure). You've already got a physical wall in Arcanine anyway and even another Intimidater in Krookodile, so I think you should be fine giving Vaporeon a Calm nature. The EVs are good though.

Mega Aerodactyl is definitely a great Pokemon to use right now, but you should be running a Jolly nature on it in order to outspeed and kill the things you listed before they kill you first. For example, you will lose against opposing Timid Mega Sceptiles with Leaf Storm, and Mega Lopunny will be faster and destroy you with High Jump Kick. An EV spread of 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe with Jolly lets you outspeed everything in UU barring max speed Mega Aerodactyls and Mega Alakazams.

Trick on Jirachi looks good for your team, you can honestly replace Zen Headbutt for it but if you'd rather switch Healing Wish that's up to you. This brings me my next point: while Healing Wish is a great option on Jirachi, you don't really have any setup sweepers that can take full advantage of Healing Wish. When you said that your team lacks that special something, I think that something is a win condition, especially against stall. As of right now, any decently-played Stall team will just have its way with you.

One solution to this that I can think of is to replace Whimsicott with Calm Mind Florges, a set I've tried and found to work really well, especially against Stall. You'll be able to beat Sub CM Suicune (the most common variant of Suicune right now, I believe), still have a check to Zygarde, and now have a reliable win condition that can even support the team as well. Here's the set I recommend:

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

The speed on this set is to outspeed 0 Spe Suicune as well as most Mega Blastoise and Nidoqueen, and all Machamp. The rest of the EVs leave you with pretty good physical bulk that let you still check Fighting and Dragon types. This set can walk all over a lot of stall and even beat Blissey if you play well with Aromatherapy. This is not a perfect replacement for Whimsicott, but I believe that you'll find it more effective.

Hopefully you found this rate effective, and good luck with the future of your team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)