Pokémon Incineroar

1702700073091.gif

Typing: Fire/Dark

Abilities:

Blaze( At 1/3 of this Pokémon’s max HP, this Pokémon offensive stat with fire moves is 1.5x)
Intimidate(This Pokémon lowers opponent’s attack by 1 stage when switched in)

Base Stats: 95/115/90/80/90/60

Notable Moves:
Swords Dance
Parting Shot
U-turn
Wil-o-wisp
Flare Blitz
Fire Punch
Flame Charge
Darkest Lariat
Drain Punch
Close Combat
Fake Out
Bulk Up
Acrobatics

Trailblaze
Taunt
Knock Off
Earthquake
Tera Blast

Pros:
  • Intimidate can help soften blows with it‘s attack drop, and it can also stop setup sweepers if you switch in and out enough.
  • Has some good bulk on both sides, and can take a couple of hits before fainting, and be kinda tough to take down if you put bulk into it.
  • Has a great offensive and support movepool, and can do a ton of things to either sweep, break down, or disrupt the opposing Pokémon.
Cons:
  • Has a middling speed, to the point where it won’t be out speeding the opponent much, but it’s bulk kinda makes up for that?
  • Has weaknesses to some of the most common attacking types, including Fighting, Ground, and Water.
  • It has no reliable recovery, and a weakness to both rocks AND spikes, making it extremely weak to getting chipped down by hazards of you dont run heavy duty boots.
Terastilization(I will probably be spelling this wrong) Potential
  • You can use teratilization both offensively to make your STAB’s stronger or boost a coverage move’s power, or you can use it defensively, which is what I recommend, so you can remove those pesky weaknesses that are so annoying to your little feline.
  • Stellar Tera is NOT recommended on this Pokémon, as you kinda want the defensive tera to get rid of the weaknesses to common types, but it can work on offensive sets.
Potential Sets
The Rock (Bulky Pivot)

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Bug/Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot/U-turn
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt/Fire Punch/Fake Out
- Taunt/Wil-o-wisp/Fake Out

The classic VGC cat, abusing the massive amounts of utility that this Pokémon provides to disrupt the opponent in a multitude of ways. Parting shot and u-turn for pivoting moves, Parting Shot to cripple the opponent even further, or U-turn for some chip damage. Knock off for crippling Pokémon by forcefully removing them of their held item. Wil-o-wisp for making the offensive rebuff more permanent, Taunt for disrupting stall teams, hazard stackers, and setup sweepers, Fire Punch for just fire STAB without the recoil of Flare Blitz, and Fake Out for just chipping down the opposing Pokémon . Heavy duty boots to help with the hazard weakness, and (You won’t believe this) Tera bug for stopping the Fighting and Ground weaknesses, plus more chip with STAB U-turn, or Tera Water for a more solid Defensive Tera. Max Physical bulk to really take those physical hits, you can also uprun special bulk, but I think Inceneroar’s better with Physical Attacks cause of Intimidate.
John Cena (Offensive)
Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Fire/Dark/Fighting/Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly/AdamantNature
- Swords Dance/Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Flame Charge/Close Combat/Acrobatics/Earthquake

Well, physical set for good ol’ physical damage! This cat can really try and break you down with its hard-hitting Physical attacks. Swords Dance or Bulk Up(If you prefer the better bulk) for boosting the cat’s damage output even more, or even sweeping when it comes down to it. Flare Blitz and Darkest Lariat for classic STAB damage, and a ton of coverage moves to go for, with Flame Charge to fix that speed problem, Close Combat to handle Rock types, Acrobatics for Fighting types, or Earthquake for just some good hard Hitting moves. You can really go for a Max speed Incineroar for just putting damage on the board, or you can use the Bulky EV spread for more balanced teams. The Tera type can very, with Fire/Dark for the better STAB’s, or Fighting and Flying to cover up some weaknesses, while boosting up the coverage moves of Close Combat and Acrobatics respectively. You can run Heavy-duty-boots for reasons I’ve explained in the other set, or you can run weakness policy, to circumvent your weaknesses and turn them into a strength, while boosting acrobatics in the process.

Closing Thoughts
There is no way this is going to be a top threat in OU or even UU, let’s just face the reality. However, it can have a very specific niche in UU or maybe OU for its support. It will most likely fall to either RU or NU, where I think it’ll be a great pick for the Offensive/Supportive presence it has. Oh yea send your sets and maybe I’ll add them into this doc to show the power of the Fire cat. Oh yea and have fun if you play VGC. So long, and yea I don’t know how to conclude this.

One, I love how you named your sets after professional wrestlers/bodybuilders, and two, I enjoy the idea of a defensive Incineroar very much. Seriously, I might consider using that defensive incineroar sometime, it feels so funny to look at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)