Tournaments GSCPL IV - Week Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for us to make decisions for activity calls when we can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to us or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • To managers: Please send us your lineups in the same format that we used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

:jolteon: Shunkō Jolteons (4) vs (2) Ladder-Bayleef Saints :bayleef:
OU: airfare vs chub
OU: Feaniix vs Raahel
OU: Akaru Kokuyo vs corvere
Ubers: Conflict vs BigFatMantis
UU + Aero: Real FV13 vs SANKE CARP
NU: dawnbuster vs MrSoup

:marowak: Bone Crushers (1) vs (5) Cursed Tyranitars :tyranitar:
OU: Chiles Habaneros vs vani
OU: GLFGno7 vs TibarnWasTaken
OU: Estuardo19 vs Maître Apagnan
Ubers: Fluore vs Isa
UU + Aero: pp's splash town vs Surfy
NU: romanji vs innovamania

:raikou: Royal Raikous (1) vs (5) Sleepy Snorlaxes :snorlax:
OU: Thor vs RealJester
OU: avarice vs Egor
OU: Inder vs susciety
Ubers: Amaranth vs Colteor
UU + Aero: Celebiii vs TyCarter
NU: Estarossa vs BeeOrSomething

:vaporeon: Vaporized Vaporeons (2) vs (3) Amp Plains Zapdos :zapdos:
OU: cherryb0ng vs OmBrArch
OU: Kenix vs Sunlight Laughs
OU: hellpowna vs BlazingDark
Ubers: Iguana vs Torchic
UU + Aero: Fakee vs Micciu
NU: Oathkeeper vs Medeia

GSC UU + Aerodactyl Challenge Code:
/challenge gen2uu @@@ +Aerodactyl

Shunkō Jolteons (0) vs (0) Ladder-Bayleef Saints
OU: Feaniix vs Raahel
Ubers: Conflict vs BigFatMantis
UU + Aero: Real FV13 vs SANKE CARP
NU: dawnbuster vs MrSoup

Bone Crushers (0) vs (0) Cursed Tyranitars
Ubers: Fluore vs Isa
UU + Aero: pp's splash town vs Surfy
NU: romanji vs innovamania

Royal Raikous (0) vs (0) Sleepy Snorlaxes
Ubers: Amaranth vs Colteor
UU + Aero: Celebiii vs TyCarter
NU: Estarossa vs BeeOrSomething

Vaporized Vaporeons (0) vs (0) Amp Plains Zapdos
OU: cherryb0ng vs OmBrArch
OU: Kenix vs Sunlight Laughs
Ubers: Iguana vs Torchic
UU + Aero: Fakee vs Micciu
NU: Oathkeeper vs Medeia

Deadline for this round is Sunday, November 26th at 9:00 PM GMT-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week's OU seems pretty fire so I'll make some predictions.

OU: Feaniix vs Jhonx~

OU: cherryb0ng vs Leru
OU: Kenix vs Sunlight Laughs this game was already played.

I will not provide explanations because I'm tired. Sorry. I really wanted to but just couldn't.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Amaranth — Today at 13:21
when gsc ubers
Gondra — Today at 14:44
I'm not ur opp
Amaranth — Today at 14:45
yes u are
Gondra — Today at 14:45
They subbed someone else
Amaranth — Today at 14:45
they havent
lol
tell them to post
Gondra — Today at 14:46
Thats what i was told before the week go up

Nalorium Justamente ?

As it's my last week I've been prepping for this opponent since Monday and only started to try and schedule on Tuesday. Since they don't even let anyone write on their wall I tried dming them on Smogon. Unsure of whether I had the right Leru, I was hoping that through Discord they might answer so I asked around if I was indeed speaking to the right Leru, who it turns out calls himself McMeghan#0 on discord.

So in this picture now we've gone from Leru denying being the one who signed up to GSC PL to him claiming everyone is lying and then, once I knew he was in fact the right guy, to him asking if we can deadgame ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

What hurt you so bad that none of the players want to play GSC anymore? This goes out not only to you but everyone who has been avoiding their games. You may not want to play but at least have the kindness to reach out to your manager and don't ruin my time. Staxi Rubyblood Nalorium Justamente Hiro'. This is just silly. At this point I am waiting in the hopes we can find a solution but if you suggest deadgame I'm calling act because I don't have all week to schedule something that should only take 20 minutes.

1700727199075.png

1700727227344.png

It's been a good run this year. I know that a lot of life commitments (that I did a pretty good job at ignoring) have kept me from trying to play more gsc tours but, I am happy for the journey that this year has been in GSC. It's most likely the last official GSC tour I signed up in of the year, and essentially the only one. Maybe down the line, with time to decide my own goals, I will be able to choose to sign up to more than one tournament a year.

This GSC PL season has been an interesting trip and a pretty fun ride at times. I'm quite happy with the teammates I have had the opportunity of sharing some ideas with. The Vaporeons were pretty chill (almost too much at times) and I hope that I managed to amend my mistake of stressing people out too much like I did last year as a manager. Maybe I should be thankful for not having been picked as a manager because I still have a lot to learn there.

Now time to thank some folks on the team

Thanks again to the Vaporeons for having me even though it was a decision by the third guy IoSonoNeon who drafted me. I know I'm probably worth more than 3k (not that the value-to-price is that accurate in this tour to begin with), but I sure as hell did not expect to be the one to rack up more wins than the players that I look up to in GSC OU like:

Kenix (welcome back btw). The only way I can describe what I observed from up close in the little moments of interacting with you is that you have a magnificent mind. Nevermind the fact that you lost some games with unfortunate outcomes this season, but it's the experience you bring to this game that from anyone else is probably unobtainable. I am glad that you are back.
hellpowna. Nobody is enthusiastic as you about GSC. I'm sorry things didn't turn out great but I know you'll come back for this. It's in your veins and it was already predetermined at this point that you'll be successful in this new found love we call GSC. The Gods will reward your dedication.

I hope know that you will both be picked in SPL because your understanding of the games speaks volumes. Speaking of which:

Century Express you always struck me as so mysterious but holy shit, you had some amazing takes when I asked for help in prep. Thank you so much.

Iguana I hope that you enjoyed taking the reigns of the Ubers lineup. Your contribution to the team was huge considering nobody else knew how to play in it. Overall just a friendly person to be around.

Fakee wowie quite the ride, eh? I am sorry that the games didn't quite go out as planned. You did a really good job for just starting out in GSC UU against a pool of players that have had at least a year's worth of experience. Maybe let the fact that Aero was just introduce hold us back too much in the building department (my fault). Hoping to see you play more GSC UU down the line because you're a good player.

Monai Oathkeeper Thanks for your contributions to the team. We had a really rough run this tier and I guess the difficulties were even greater here than in UU. We'll have a better run next year. For what it's worth, I did enjoy bouncing some ideas off you guys.

Nalorium Justamente thanks for having me. I would have hoped for a greater presence this tour to shake things up and feel a little more exciting. Kind of felt dry and I believe that can also affect the morale of the team too. And it's too bad because I know you two have a lot of passion.

This GSC PL was alright but I think there were some uncomfortable circumstances that could have been avoided like the absenteism of a number of managers, especially during the end. I hope down the line we can improve this tournament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)