Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wall combo will benefit enough from flipping speed to make it invincible. Given that TR only lasts for 5 turns (4 including set up), you can't exactly wall under Trick Room reliably anyway.

Probably silly rumors, since Wonder Guards can't be Skill Swapped.

Hello Rad3n.

My turn:

Does a successful Mirror Coat destroy Focus Sash?

This is probably one of those things asked every 3 pages but I couldn't find anything with a quick search.

If my Smeargle uses Conversion to become a Flying-type and uses Roost the following turn, what type is does my Smeargle become during the effects of Roost?

The Smogon Movedex entry says:
If the user is a Flying type, that Flying type is nullified for the rest of the turn; otherwise, there is no secondary effect.
After the Conversion, does Smeargle actually register as a Flying-type for the purposes of Roost? Is it the typing that changes or just the Pokemon's weaknesses and resistances; for both moves.

Hello Erodent.

Since Smeagle has become a Flying Type using Conversion, when he uses Roost, it affects him the same way as any other flying type, his Flying type is "removed". Since Smeargle is MonoNormal, I'd think he would take neutral damage from every type, even ghost, while Roosting as a Flyer.

Can someone explain to me how the Smogon Teiring system came to be?

I don't understand why you guys goto so much effort when I would do something simple like "Ban Legends" or "Only one Legend allowed".

Garchomp in ubers seems ridiculous to me when it has a x4 weakness to ice, it's a free kill to my team (as are most dragons).

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Can someone explain to me how the Smogon Teiring system came to be?

I don't understand why you guys goto so much effort when I would do something simple like "Ban Legends" or "Only one Legend allowed".

Garchomp in ubers seems ridiculous to me when it has a x4 weakness to ice, it's a free kill to my team (as are most dragons).
Through long periods of testing, Smogon has determined which Pokemon can be considered "game breaking", and those that are not. It's not simply theory. People feel overhelmed by Garchomp because it's fast, powerful, and has a diverse movepool. Furthermore, its Ice weakness can be rectified by Yache Berry, and that one turn Chomp can survive makes a lot of difference between living and dying. That's just one instance.

The Ban Legends rule is extremely stupid as there are Pokemon that arre more powerful than certain legends. Even if you cut those down, you still have to factor in other powerful Pokemon such as Lucario and Gyarados, which are better than some legendaries battle wise. Then it would get really complicated if you go by that rule.

The One legend rule is even worse. In a recent tourney held by my school, I took advantage of said rule and made it so that my team becomes horrendously powerful through Kyogre's rain and Garchomp and I swept everybody due to that factor. It's ridiculously unbalanced and centralizes everyone's teams to their strongest members, to the extreme.

Furthermore, the fact that you claim that dragons are free kills indicates that you have not battled very good trainers. Dragon is without a doubt the deadliest type in the game, and there has been plenty of discussion over fears that the game is being centralized around the Dragon and Steel types.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For some reason I can't access the Shoddybattle website and the program isn't opening, the error report reading as follows:

"An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Shoddy Battle
Vendor: Colin Fitzpatrick & Benjamin Gwin
Category: Download Error

Unable to load resource: http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.jnlp"

Help?

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Apparently, you have a problem with the application. Try reinstalling it. If it doesn't work, go to shoddybattle's official support page, and check if you meet the minimal requirements, having the needed software, etc.. If it still not opening, try opening it later. Shoddy was lagging a while ago, so it might be the reason.
Hope this helps ;)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ugh I despise that message so much. It scares me to bits.

One of these can work (no guarantees)
1) Check if there's msjava.dll in your System32 folder (if this is Windows). If you don't, go online and look for it. At least that's how mine failed the first time.
2) Restart your computer
3) Reinstall Java
4) Redownload Shoddy

Is there any possible set for a Modest Solrock? Obviously a gimmick. And, no Baton Pass. (It's a chain) It also has Hidden Power Ground 70, if that's of any use.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Solrock has a very low Sp. Att, and since its modest natured, it'll have an even low attack. You can try Calm Mind, although Lunatone does it better, thanks to her higher Sp. Att. I'm assuming it's a shiny, right? Anyways, good luck in finding a better one.
EDIT: Thanks Lorak ;)

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Solrock has a very low Sp. Att, and since its modest natured, it'll have an even low attack. You can try Calm Mind, although Lunatone does it better, thanks to her higher Sp. Att. I'm assuming it's a shiny, right? Anyways, good luck in finding a better one.
Yep, it is.

EDIT: Thanks Lorak ;)
It was a fluke, but yeah. Just wondering if something like HP Ground 70/Grass Knot/Fire Blast/Psychic or something could work.

haunter

Banned deucer.
It was a fluke, but yeah. Just wondering if something like HP Ground 70/Grass Knot/Fire Blast/Psychic or something could work.
You could try a specs set. About HP ground, I don't think it's that useful since solrock should be able to learn earth power in platinum if I'm not wrong.

Or maybe something like: earth power, psychic, fire blast, explosion with life orb?

so i have finished PBR a while ago and my friend said for me to pick up my Magmortar and Electivire but i dont know how? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)