Pending "Usually Useless" forms in the builder

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Simply a section to seperate useless/hindering forms in the builder to assist players in not loading objectively worse forms, and a way to be able to filter out forms that serve zero gameplay relevance, such as Sinistcha-Masterpiece. This wouldn't include forms that are simply worse, stuff like Silvally-Bug or Oinkologne-F may be worse competitively, but stat/typing/ability differences are big enough changes to exclude them from being "usually useless", with squawkabilly as the exception as it has a carbon copy for each of its 2 HAs. Of course, this wouldn't make them vanish from the builder, but they'd be removed from being next to eachother and can be found both by typing the Pokémon itself in, similarly to how you can search for the Pokestar Studios mechas.

Pokemon such as Toxtricity-Lowkey, which is Toxtricity highkey without shift gear and gets magnetic flux, a virtually worthless change that simply eliminates the possibly of your Toxtricity being shift gear for your opponent. Other cases like Vivillon-Pokeball where the only gameplay difference (that i can find) is that it doesn't get weather ball, while all of the Pikachu-Hat forms are missing a swath of moves regular pikachu can obtain; curse, refresh, focus punch, volt tackle, etc. Probably the most famous case is Keldeo / Keldeo-Resolute, where Resolute form has no real difference besides telling your opponent you have secret sword, which while usually is the case regardless but some sets have forgone it for focus blasts power on specs.

I've compiled a full list of Pokémon that'd fall under this distinction.
Zarude-Dada
Polteageist-Antique
Poltchageist-Artisan
Sinistcha-Masterpiece
Sinistea-Antique
Toxtricity-Lowkey
Vivillon-Fancy
Vivillon-Pokeball
Squawkabilly-Blue
Squawkabilly-Yellow/White
Dudunsparce-Three-Segment
Maushold-Four
Every Pikachu-Hat Form
Keldeo-Resolute
Magearna-Original

Totem forms in SM would also potentially fall under this distinction as they lack the ability to have egg moves, but I'm unsure if I'd quality being heavier as enough of a distinction to justify being exempt from this classification.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)