SM Doubles OU The DOU Avengers (peaked #1 at 1945 with a 75-8 record)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Warrior

Banned deucer.
full2.png

Hi! I am new here in Smogon and recently I peaked #1 (1945 elo) with a 75-8 record and a 36-0 win streak in the Smogon Doubles OU Ladder!
With this result, I broke the all-time DOU ladder win rate record.

I built this team myself from scratch and used it to become the best DOU player in the world.

Hope you like it!

This is the team I used:

ladder6.png

The idea behind this team was to utilize the amazing synergy Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Landorus-T and Mega Metagross have. Their offensive coverage is out of this world, they're all very high tier Pokémon with solid stats and they cover for each other's weaknesses brilliantly. It's by itself a core that includes Intimidate, Terrain control, Speed control, a Mega and a Steel type, 5 features that are nearly necessary on every team. Amoonguss is an outstanding Pokémon that supports the team with redirection, which is extremely helpful against many common matchups; Spore, which can pressure Flying types and levitators like opposing Zapdos and Landorus, as well as teams with Tapu Bulu or no Tapu at all; Giga Drain, which helps breaking certain Water types, mainly the ones seen in Rain teams; and Clear Smog, a valuable tool against set up strategies. Incineroar patches up some weaknesses like Ghost and Dark, while providing more Intimidate, Fake Out support and checking opposing Steel types. Both Amoonguss and Incineroar offer immense help against Trick Room teams, since the former often outspeeds some of the sweepers under the twisted dimensions and puts them to sleep, and both brilliantly stall out its turns thanks to Fake Out and Rage Powder.

Proof of the record:

ladder5.png

ladder4.png

ladder7.png

Team Import:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 228 HP / 104 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
Happiness: 0
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 20 SpA / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 144 SpA / 16 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 16 Def / 176 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- U-turn

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Rage Powder

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)