Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, would someone please give me some advice on how I could have won this? Thank you beforehand for your time.

I'm player 'sgpg-test'

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2118657133-f8qohkabpyqbc7ia8206hbb9e4y1xkvpw
Heyo, as a Dedicated Dark and Darker spammer, I can try to help.

The turn 2 Enamorus switchin was ambitious, sash Pult is likely running some kind of status. In this matchup, I would've gone Kingambit turn 2, even if Pult carried Will-o, this is a pretty weak MU for King and you would've been able to force pult out.

I'm curious as to why you sacked Darkrai on turn 6? Sludge Bomb never kills from that range and Darkrai would've been hugely valuable against Wogerpon and Landorus, as well as being an additional sack down the line. Kingambit would've been the much safer play, either going for a raw Iron Head or an SD if you felt ambitious.

The Zama switchin on turn 7 was unfortunate, Custap isn't really a tech you could've accounted for, but it is something to think about. Hatterene most commonly runs Leftovers or Eject Button, neither of these options should be ringing some alarm bells as to it's item choice. Again Kingambit would've been the cleaner choice to finish Hatt off, keeping Zama healthy was incredibly important here against Lando and Wogerpon, as well as the opposing Zama.

The rest of the game was kind of just heavily in their favor, Post Turn 12, it was probably already lost, you maaaaaaybe could've Iron Defensed on turn 11, but Encore was always an option after the Trailblaze + the Ivy Cudgel Crit Chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)