Tournament OMPL XII - Commencement

BH Player Rankings

Player Name
Player Skill: /10 (The player's skill in-game at making the correct decisions each turn)
Builder Skill: /10 (The quality and consistency of the player's builds)
Mental: /5 (The player's ability to manage stress - lowered score if they are underconfident, overconfident or play bad under tour pressure)
X-Factor: /5 (The player's chances of pulling some wack shit and winning because of it. In other words, the lower the score the more predictable the player)
Overall: /30
Additional comments:

Chessking345
Player Skill: 8
Builder Skill: 7
Mental: 4
X-Factor: 1.5
Overall: 20.5
comments: Solid player, struggles with building things other than typical balance structures, but that's a pretty common BH pitfall. Hasn't been too in touch with the meta recently but is still on council and has a long history in BH. Still one of the premier starter choices despite these flaws.

TTTech
Player Skill: 7
Builder Skill: 9.5
Mental: 3
X-Factor: 3.5
Overall: 24
comments: Probably the best player in the tier. Highly consistent builds without being locked into the stall he is most known for. A good player but an exellent builder and very good at inducing fear in his opponent through the guessing game of whether he loads hard stall or unconventional offense. Poor record last OMPL may affect a typically good mental. Shame you can't draft this guy.

Quantum Tesseract
Player Skill: 10
Mental: 5
X-Factor: 1
Overall: 23
comments: The most consistent player in the tier who ladders frequently and typically gets far in every BH tournament. The reason they are below TTTech is that I don't believe they thrive in a bo1 environment, given that they very consistently load balance or BO teams and are therefore vulnerable to getting matchup fished. Shame you can't draft this player.

pokejeff A.K.A. pannuracotta
Player Skill: 6.5
Builder Skill: 6
X-Factor: 4.5
Overall: 20
comments: pokejeff is my favorite pokemon political commentator. This player truly understands that BH is in fact a class struggle. The proletariat (users of cool and innovative mons like simple victory dance power trip) is in an eternal class struggle against the bourgeoisie (fur coat take heart arceus) while oppressed by the police (imposter) and religion, the opioid of the masses (balance structures).

iLiekMudkipz
Player Skill: 5
Mental: 2
X-Factor: 2
Overall: 15
comments: The underdog of this tournament, currently unproven which explains their low stats. Will our hero finally get drafted and prove themselves or will they fall back to the depths of rejection? Find out next time on OMPL.

Clas
Builder Skill: 4
Mental: 3.5
X-Factor: 5
Overall: 19.5
comments: Luckiest player in the tier. Will load an objectively bad team and not get punished because their opponent will have loaded something that totally fails to exploit its flaws. (Genuinely a pretty good clicker too thanks to lots of tour experience)

Ivar57
Player Skill: 9
Builder Skill: 7.5
Mental: 4.5
comments: Ivar is just a consistent player not much else to say, although I kinda doubt BH is the slot of choice for them. Shame you can't draft this guy.

pdt
Builder Skill: N/A
Mental: 2.5
X-Factor: 3
Overall: 19 (does not build - 12.5/20)
comments: idk I only know them from last ompl

RoFnA
Player Skill: 7.5
Overall: 22
comments: Very agressive and innovative player who has no fear in using matchup fishy offensive teams to their fullest extent. Risks losing the fish and getting fucked over, but is good enough to sometimes pull through even in bad situations.

rightclicker
Builder Skill: 6.5
Overall: 18.5
comments: Relatively strong player who has proven themselves competent for sure, but doesn't have the results to be rated much higher. Certainly a good gamble for a manager who needs a low-budget BH slot. More of a mainer than a lot of higher rated players so likely to be valuable even in support due to being in-touch with the meta.

BoingK
Builder Skill: 5
Overall: 17
comments: Solid enough player but hasn't been particularly active in BH, probably a good support option but IMO not a good starter without significant support in building and testing, maybe a good choice if a team already has a player like Ivar or QT but is slotting them elsewhere.

Codename C.A.T.
Overall: 16.5
comments: Similar to BoingK, solid enough player but not starter material without heavy support.

willdbeast
Player Skill: high
Builder Skill: good
Mental: ?
X-Factor: good
Overall: ?
comments: Have not seen enough of this player. Probably a great player but out of touch with the meta, although they did play in OMWC. We said that about city last OMPL though...

aerobee
Builder Skill: ?
X-Factor: high
comments: Have not seen enough of this player. However, given their custom game and PH stuff, they are probably cooking something.

Sulo
comments: I don't know Sulo's playstyle much, but they seem pretty competent. With decent support they can likely do well.

anaconja (did not sign up for bh but didn't not sign up for bh either)
Player Skill: 8.5
X-Factor: 4
Overall: 23.5
comments: Outstanding player who could easily be one of the best in the pool... if not for the fact they have zero interest in the tier.

XxSevagxX
comments: Very strong BH player who consistently uses stuff even wackier than cityscapes but still makes it work. Very good track record in prefulldex and natdex even though he's been pretty absent from BH recently. Low builder score is mostly for consistency issues, not quality issues.

cityscapes
Builder Skill: 8
Overall: 26
comments: Long-time top BH player who seems to have quit for good now. If she does show up she'll do great again, big surprise. Understands BH on a very fundamental level and probably won't need any support if drafted.

Tea Guzzler
Mental: 1
comments: Good player dragged down by poor tours mental, probably explaining the lack of signup.

Nihilslave
Builder Skill: 9
comments: High-tier player but even if they do sign up, unwilling to play due to lack of interest. As a support option Nihilslave is an amazing builder but their teams are potentially too hard to use for an intermediate pilot.

Onyx Onix 7
Builder Skill: 10
Overall: 27
comments: Will not be signing up afaik. Basically a more extreme version of TTTech, with more of a focus on the cheese and stall as the fallback. Scariest player in the tier. Currently preoccupied with completing the randpoke challenge on BH ladder with every monotype.

Geneku2
Player Skill: 6
Overall: 16
comments: Solid ladder player, Currently pretty limited in their teams and I'd like to see them sign up and play because I think they have a lot of potential.

Demon Queen
X-Factor: ?
comments: I have only seen this player use teams build by other people, but they have consistently piloted them exellently. During pre-fulldex, they notably piloted the sample team "Frighteners" on ladder significantly better than its creator. If they decide to sign up, they'd likely be a solid clicker if passed good teams.

Hallward / The Guy Who Has Many Alts
comments: Pretty solid player, struggles to build teams that make progress, but pretty good w defensive stuff and has had innovative strategies like wspirit tcage ruination guys.

augustakira
Player Skill: mediocre
Builder Skill: fell off
Mental: poor
Overall: overrated

[REDACTED]
Mental: 0
comments: radio silence from [redacted] on this matter.
augustakira
comments: Don't be fooled by Akira trying to bring his draft ranking down!! I believe he is actually one of the strongest BH players right now. He's built a lot of very strong and consistent teams. While they may all seem similar, there's subtle differences, between all of them, which make big impacts during a game. He has a sneaky good X-Factor, which make prep difficult.

Last edited:
BH Player Rankings

Player Name
Player Skill: /10 (The player's skill in-game at making the correct decisions each turn)
Builder Skill: /10 (The quality and consistency of the player's builds)
Mental: /5 (The player's ability to manage stress - lowered score if they are underconfident, overconfident or play bad under tour pressure)
X-Factor: /5 (The player's chances of pulling some wack shit and winning because of it. In other words, the lower the score the more predictable the player)
Overall: /30
Additional comments:

Chessking345
X-Factor: 1.5
Overall: 20.5
comments: Solid player, struggles with building things other than typical balance structures, but that's a pretty common BH pitfall. Hasn't been too in touch with the meta recently but is still on council and has a long history in BH. Still one of the premier starter choices despite these flaws.

TTTech
Builder Skill: 9.5
comments: Probably the best player in the tier. Highly consistent builds without being locked into the stall he is most known for. A good player but an exellent builder and very good at inducing fear in his opponent through the guessing game of whether he loads hard stall or unconventional offense. Poor record last OMPL may affect a typically good mental. Shame you can't draft this guy.

Quantum Tesseract
X-Factor: 1
comments: The most consistent player in the tier who ladders frequently and typically gets far in every BH tournament. The reason they are below TTTech is that I don't believe they thrive in a bo1 environment, given that they very consistently load balance or BO teams and are therefore vulnerable to getting matchup fished. Shame you can't draft this player.

pokejeff A.K.A. pannuracotta
comments: pokejeff is my favorite pokemon political commentator. This player truly understands that BH is in fact a class struggle. The proletariat (users of cool and innovative mons like simple victory dance power trip) is in an eternal class struggle against the bourgeoisie (fur coat take heart arceus) while oppressed by the police (imposter) and religion, the opioid of the masses (balance structures).

iLiekMudkipz
Player Skill: 5
Overall: 15
comments: The underdog of this tournament, currently unproven which explains their low stats. Will our hero finally get drafted and prove themselves or will they fall back to the depths of rejection? Find out next time on OMPL.

Clas
Overall: 19.5
comments: Luckiest player in the tier. Will load an objectively bad team and not get punished because their opponent will have loaded something that totally fails to exploit its flaws. (Genuinely a pretty good clicker too thanks to lots of tour experience)

Ivar57
comments: Ivar is just a consistent player not much else to say, although I kinda doubt BH is the slot of choice for them. Shame you can't draft this guy.

pdt
Overall: 19 (does not build - 12.5/20)
comments: idk I only know them from last ompl

RoFnA
Overall: 22
comments: Very agressive and innovative player who has no fear in using matchup fishy offensive teams to their fullest extent. Risks losing the fish and getting fucked over, but is good enough to sometimes pull through even in bad situations.

rightclicker
comments: Relatively strong player who has proven themselves competent for sure, but doesn't have the results to be rated much higher. Certainly a good gamble for a manager who needs a low-budget BH slot. More of a mainer than a lot of higher rated players so likely to be valuable even in support due to being in-touch with the meta.

BoingK
Overall: 17
comments: Solid enough player but hasn't been particularly active in BH, probably a good support option but IMO not a good starter without significant support in building and testing, maybe a good choice if a team already has a player like Ivar or QT but is slotting them elsewhere.

Codename C.A.T.
Overall: 16.5
comments: Similar to BoingK, solid enough player but not starter material without heavy support.

willdbeast
Builder Skill: good
X-Factor: good
comments: Have not seen enough of this player. Probably a great player but out of touch with the meta, although they did play in OMWC. We said that about city last OMPL though...

aerobee
Builder Skill: ?
comments: Have not seen enough of this player. However, given their custom game and PH stuff, they are probably cooking something.

Sulo
comments: I don't know Sulo's playstyle much, but they seem pretty competent. With decent support they can likely do well.

anaconja (did not sign up for bh but didn't not sign up for bh either)
Overall: 23.5
comments: Outstanding player who could easily be one of the best in the pool... if not for the fact they have zero interest in the tier.

XxSevagxX
comments: Very strong BH player who consistently uses stuff even wackier than cityscapes but still makes it work. Very good track record in prefulldex and natdex even though he's been pretty absent from BH recently. Low builder score is mostly for consistency issues, not quality issues.

cityscapes
Overall: 26
comments: Long-time top BH player who seems to have quit for good now. If she does show up she'll do great again, big surprise. Understands BH on a very fundamental level and probably won't need any support if drafted.

Tea Guzzler
Mental: 1
comments: Good player dragged down by poor tours mental, probably explaining the lack of signup.

Nihilslave
comments: High-tier player but even if they do sign up, unwilling to play due to lack of interest. As a support option Nihilslave is an amazing builder but their teams are potentially too hard to use for an intermediate pilot.

Onyx Onix 7
Builder Skill: 10
Overall: 27
comments: Will not be signing up afaik. Basically a more extreme version of TTTech, with more of a focus on the cheese and stall as the fallback. Scariest player in the tier. Currently preoccupied with completing the randpoke challenge on BH ladder with every monotype.

Geneku2
comments: Solid ladder player, Currently pretty limited in their teams and I'd like to see them sign up and play because I think they have a lot of potential.

Demon Queen
X-Factor: ?
comments: I have only seen this player use teams build by other people, but they have consistently piloted them exellently. During pre-fulldex, they notably piloted the sample team "Frighteners" on ladder significantly better than its creator. If they decide to sign up, they'd likely be a solid clicker if passed good teams.

Hallward / The Guy Who Has Many Alts
comments: Pretty solid player, struggles to build teams that make progress, but pretty good w defensive stuff and has had innovative strategies like wspirit tcage ruination guys.

augustakira
Player Skill: mediocre
Builder Skill: fell off
Mental: poor
Overall: overrated

[REDACTED]
Mental: 0
comments: radio silence from [redacted] on this matter.
im at least happy to have score at all
trust me, given the chance, i will prove myself

oh yeah, ill provide the mocc names btw.

Mocc 2 - Barriers and Moccfalls

pannu

pokejeff
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
its a me pokejeff haha im here with inh tierlist

nr1 bijou
huge glowup since wc I think inh is by far his best tier and he's the most safe pick if u want a consistent player who will win
nr2 don
this guy builds very good but some could argue his playing leaves a bit to be desired
nr3 gary
gary is the ladder goat builds some of the best teams and is very up to date with meta (I think he established like half our current meta)
nr4 cscl
good builder good playerhasnt kept up with tier much + ik he's busy so might not be the most invested
nr5 ana
literally what I said abt cscl but more emphasize on the busy and good builder parts
every1 e else is randos who doesn't rlly play tho I'm sure some tours players could pick up the tier

Dunfan is a great builder but idk how much he plays. i think if u want builder + clicker as ur inh core this is ur best builder.
augustakira knows how to build and is good at making innovative teams and has a very unique view on the tier tho ur actually dumb if u start them in inh over bh

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Pocket Monsters Jeffrey, formerly known as pannuracota, is a accomplished Other Metagames player and has experience in many tiers such as Balanced Hacked Pocket Monsters, Same Type Attack Bonus Pocket Monsters, and Inheritance. However, he is known to publish messages with nonsensical, irreverent and humorless content in places for more serious discussion, as well as being a pathological liar and unable to keep a promise. As such, it is recommended to exercise caution when drafting him

Mocc 3 - Falling asleep
1715129050688.png

Fc13500
xavgb13500
Chessking34511500
pannu10500
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂7000
jasprose6000
tier5500
SpaceSpeakers5000
Hacker5000
db4500
corvere4500
Shing4000
Murphy Lawden3500
SEA3000
Ina fable3000
Quantum Tesseract13500
Racool13500
HiZo13000
Icemaster13000
pdt11500
anaconja10000
DugZa6000
willdbeast5500
Don Bork5000
Betticus IV3000
spell3000
Rei3000
Hera20000
Career Ended13500
TTTech13500
BijouMode8000
MZ8000
Chris321567000
Lana6000
Kinetic6000
BoingK5500
Mada3500
avarice3000
Bella3000
TectonicDestroyer3000
yuki19000
Atha18000
DeepFriedMagikarp14000
LordBox9000
Hiusi guy8000
Kaif7500
hidin6000
rightclicker5000
Gambit_Gamin3000
Dahness3000
matte3000
TDLoriat3000
abriel13500
zoe13500
Les2BG10500
XxLazzerpenguinxX9500
cscl8500
Taka8500
Sulo8000
Redflix7500
Glory4500
Fraise3500
GlalieGoesBoom3500
Stareal3000
zastra3000
entrocefalo3000
Don Vascus14000
RoFnA13500
Fragments13500
hariyana grande9500
Clementine9500
ghostlike9500
Frixel7500
Ainzcrad6500
zioziotrip4000
NinjaSnapple3500
Smudge3000
Axzel3000
Ren3000
Clas17000
CoolTrainerGary15000
Ivar5713500
Chromate13000
hayedenn12000
lax10500
hellom4000
xdRudi.exe3000
LBN3000
Binacle Pinnacle3000
Kanha Greninja3000
dex3000
augustakira18000
Fissure15000
Evie13500
SammyCe12312000
temp8000
aerobee7000
Slither Wing5000
lepton4500
BlackKnight_Gawain4500
Monai4500
sasha3500
sundays3000
Hera20000
yuki19000
augustakira18000
Atha18000
Clas17000
Fissure15000
CoolTrainerGary15000
DeepFriedMagikarp14000
Don Vascus14000
Fc13500
xavgb13500
Quantum Tesseract13500
Racool13500
TTTech13500
Career Ended13500
abriel13500
zoe13500
RoFnA13500
Fragments13500
Ivar5713500
Evie13500
Chromate13000
HiZo13000
Icemaster13000
SammyCe12312000
hayedenn12000
Chessking34511500
pdt11500
lax10500
pannu10500
Les2BG10500
anaconja10000
hariyana grande9500
Clementine9500
ghostlike9500
XxLazzerpenguinxX9500
LordBox9000
cscl8500
Taka8500
temp8000
Hiusi guy8000
BijouMode8000
MZ8000
Sulo8000
Kaif7500
Frixel7500
Redflix7500
aerobee7000
Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂7000
Chris321567000
Ainzcrad6500
hidin6000
jasprose6000
DugZa6000
Lana6000
Kinetic6000
tier5500
willdbeast5500
BoingK5500
Slither Wing5000
rightclicker5000
SpaceSpeakers5000
Hacker5000
Don Bork5000
lepton4500
BlackKnight_Gawain4500
Monai4500
db4500
corvere4500
Glory4500
hellom4000
zioziotrip4000
Shing4000
sasha3500
NinjaSnapple3500
Murphy Lawden3500
Mada3500
Fraise3500
GlalieGoesBoom3500
sundays3000
xdRudi.exe3000
LBN3000
Binacle Pinnacle3000
Kanha Greninja3000
dex3000
Gambit_Gamin3000
Dahness3000
matte3000
TDLoriat3000
Smudge3000
Axzel3000
Ren3000
SEA3000
Ina fable3000
Betticus IV3000
spell3000
Rei3000
avarice3000
Bella3000
TectonicDestroyer3000
Stareal3000
zastra3000
entrocefalo3000

Malevolent Misdreavuses
AAA - Stareal + Glory + GlalieGoesBoom
BH - Penguin + Sulo
GG - Les2BG + Fraise + entrocefalo
Inh - cscl + Taka + GlalieGoesBoom
PiC - zoe + Les2BG
MnM - Redflix + zastra
STAB - Taka + abriel
Bo3 - abriel

MOCC Results Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sh3QpUDhvts_UkEvQnq0mjQKcy8d3WTDDgLsuqTFVM8/edit?usp=sharing

Gimmicky

It ain't no pair of Air Jordans!
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
quick pic player prs. not the most qualified on determining skill but here's what i can gather. (not properly ordered)

dedicated mains/good players:
- Anyone currently on council
- deepfriedmagikarp
- Level 51 (not signed up)

Can play well to a degree, but might need help building or are kinda rusty in some aspects:
- Smudge
- Chris Numbers
- Frixel
- Les2bg
- tkhanh (not signed up)
- hugo (not signed up)
- Any dedicated doubles/vgc main not mentioned willing to put in the effort to learn the tier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)