Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Mega Salamence excels as an offensive powerhouse due to its formidable Attack stat, access to Dragon Dance, and its potent ability, Aerilate, achieving multiple roles like wallbreaker, sweeper, and late-game cleaner.
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal and Ferrothorn. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move, although it misses out on the 2HKO on foes like Ho-Oh and offensive Primal Groudon.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C and Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage. At +1, it can OHKO Zacian-C and additionally OHKO Zekrom after Stealth Rock.
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, while Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark at the cost of making Mega Salamence more sensitive to chip damage while setting up.
  • Mega Salamence, especially when not running Roost, should aim to switch in after a foe has fainted or on a predicted Earthquake from foes like Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Arceus. By pressuring these Pokemon to switch out, it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate can prove advantageous due to its capability to mitigate foes that threaten to set up such as Rayquaza and Necrozma-DM. Additionally, the Attack drop can let Mega Salamence avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Marshadow's Poltergeist, offensive Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike, and Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent and set up on them.
  • Having weaknesses to Fairy and Ice, Mega Salamence appreciates Fire- and Steel-type teammates such as Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Zacian-C that can threaten the likes of opposing Zacian-C, Arceus-Fairy, and Calyrex-I.
  • Fairy-type teammates like Zacian-C and Arceus-Fairy love Mega Salamence's ability to check Steel- and Fire-types such as Magearna and Primal Groudon and threaten them with Earthquake.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, and suicide entry hazard leads such as Deoxys-S and Glimmora are invaluable in helping it sweep; the aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards. Mega Salamence also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bodi.610709/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/anchor9.652323/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bobsican.434487/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/zrp200.327515/
grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/clouds.356215/

Last edited:
AMQC. I suggest you apply most of this. A lot of this is grammar, so someone else would’ve probably mentioned it anyway. Hope this helps!
ADD REMOVE COMMENT
[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Mega Salamence excels as an offensive powerhouse due to its formidable attack stat, great bulk, access to Dragon Dance, and its potent ability, Aerilate, which enhances its Normal-type moves into powerful Flying-type STAB attacks (Unecessary) achieving multiple roles like wallbreaker, sweeper, and late game cleaner
  • [Put a section for Dragon Dance here since it’s the first move on the sample set.]
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence most powerful STAB move, capable of able to2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal, and Kyogre-Primale Primal Kyogre, (Think Primal Groudon would be a better example) . Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB option move that can still dish great damage , . facade to Facade (Needs to be mentioned in same bullet at Roost) punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-oh and Groudon primal Primal Groudon, (Mention Arceus-Dark and Water) Earthquake (Needs its own bullet) is Mega Salamence best coverage to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM and to hit Groudon primal Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without making it suffer from the recoil (This sentence is confusing and needs to be reworded)
  • the combination of Dragon Dance and (This can be mentioned but first and foremost this bullet is about Roost and Facade, so mention its synergy with Roost last.) Roost helps Mega Salamence to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle. (Mention Facade here)
  • With its great bulk Mega Salamence proves to be a reliable switch-in against Pokémon like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon (Mega Salamence is a reliable switch in to nothing in this Meta. It’s too fragile. It either needs a free switch or a predicted swap into a Ground attack), By pressuring these Pokemon (Necrozma-DM is a better mention than Ho-Oh as Mons Mega Salamence pressures out with Intimidate. Arceus is also a good mention) to switch out, Mega Salamence can take on the opportunity to set up or start wearing down its counters.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate for multiple uses proves advantageous. This can be achieved by strategically switching in Salamence on a physical attacker to activate Intimidate, then switching out to another Pokémon Pokemon upon predicting a switch. However, it's Essential essential not to attack with Salamence before Mega Evolving unless the opponent is within KO range and regular Salamence can outspeed its current opponent.
  • with With a fairy Fairy and a heavy ice Ice weakness, Mega Salamence appreciates bulky steel Steel types as teammates (Sentence is awkwardly extended. End it with something like “such as Necrozma-DM.”) notably. Necrozma-DM that can threaten Arceus Fairy, Zacian-C and Calyrex-Ice with its STAB and It it also can set up Stealth Rock, which helps Mega Salamence pick up necessary OHKOs and 2HKOs, . It also has access and can acess to Toxic makes sure to cripple some of the Defensive pokemona (Sentence was WAY too extended, and it seems you also didn’t finish it)
  • Fairy Teammates like Zacian-C (Arceus Fairy should be mentioned) love Mega Salamence‘s ability to check Steel, Poison, and Fire types (What Mons? Entire typings don’t make really good examples) With Earthquacke with Earthquake and use them as a setup fodder (This is not really true. Mega Salamence cannot easily set up on Ho-Oh without risking status or a lot of chip and there is no way it can set up on Zacian-C or Eternatus)
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-Speed, Glimmora, and Excadrill (Excadrill is a bit niche. Shuckle may be a better example but up to you) ,and their ability to prevent hazards with Magic Coat, Rapid Spin, and Mortal Spin respectively, are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence set up a sweep, . it It (Again, I shortened the sentence cause it runs a bit too long. It probably needs to be shortened again. I would split the information about hazard setting and removing into two sentences) also appreciates screens support from the aforementioned Deoxys-sSpeed and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user2.102/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user3.103/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user4.104/

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I'm stamping the past check (and the feedback has been DM'd), it seems it was applied already, but to be sure please let me know if this is indeed the case so this can pass to QC 1/2 and so I can then QC check myself.

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
I'll start off by saying that you aren't intended to apply AMQC checks until a proper QC member stamps them (aka, passes them as a proper one), which is relevant as the past AMQC check introduced some undesirable changes, to ease the process I'll try to fix them here, but it also means that there will be some considerable changes.

You also aren't meant to label with a "QC 2/0", it's counted in reverse from that, so you'd want to go with a "QC 1/2" for now.

Anyways, let me know when this is applied so I can then corroborate for a stamp.

Add Remove Comment
[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Mega Salamence excels as an offensive powerhouse due to its formidable attack Attack stat, access to Dragon Dance, and its potent ability, Aerilate, achieving multiple roles like wallbreaker, sweeper, and late game cleaner.
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's possesive most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal, and Primal Groudon. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move that can dish great damage. however, the reduced damage output compared to Double-Edge is very noticeable mention 2HKOes or OHKOes that Double-Edge reaches that Return doesn't, examples would be more direct over stating the same information multiple times.
  • Dragon Dance plays a crucial role in maximizing Mega Salamence's potential as a sweeper by increasing Mega Salamece attack and speed and letting it clean up the late game and outspeeding its supposed checks like Eternatus and Zacian-C Dex-info, this never required a bullet point as non self-explanatory stuff would be covered in other sections anyways
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage mention notable OHKOes or 2HKOes that Return or Double-Edge don't reach on certain foes (it'd be best to be more specific on the examples on this regard over merely saying it's coverage for foes that resist it), you may also use +1 Attack for some of those cases.
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with a reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle., replace period with comma and Facade puniches punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-oh Ho-Oh, and Primal Groudon, and Arceus-Water, add hyphen and comma; serial commas don't work like that and Arceus-Dark,. and those moves works well together by dishing huge amount of damage and roost healing the damage of burn or toxic so it can stick even longer Those moves are competing with each other for a move slot in the first place, they aren't being proposed to be used together, and even if they were it'd render Mega Salamence either passive by lacking setup, or inconsistent by lacking coverage or a burn.
  • Mega Salamence's middling Bulk bulk serves as a disadvantage against what?, so it's only way to switch in is by a slow pivot There's barely any in this meta that doesn't kinda overlap with it and also fits the teams it'd usually be on or predicting a ground attack Earthquake from foes like Necrozma-DM, arceus and Arceus and marshadow Marshadow does not run Ground-type moves, it shouldn't be switching into it either unless it's a Choice Band Low Kick, speaking of which it'd be better to reword this section into Mega Salamence switching into predicted resisted moves it can withstand in the early- to mid-game, and then be more specific with the examples as I've explained previously with Marshadow by pressuring these Pokemon to switch out and it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its counters checks Mega Salamence doesn't really have counters per-say.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate for multiple uses proves advantageous such as?. This can be achieved by strategically switching in Salamence on a physical attacker such as? It's not coming into Zacian-C, for example to activate Intimidate, then switching out to another Pokemon upon predicting a switch potentially avoiding which 2HKOes or OHKOes after Intimidate? Of course, this part should mention plausible allies for Mega Salamence teambuilding-wise. However, it's essential not to attack with Salamence before Mega Evolving unless the opponent is within KO range and regular Salamence can outspeed its current opponent.
  • With a Fairy and a heavy 4x Ice weakness, Mega Salamence appreciates bulky Steel-types, add hyphen and comma as teammates such as Necrozma-DM can threaten Arceus-Fairy add hyphen, Zacian-C and Calyrex-Ice with its STAB and it also can set up Stealth Rock, which helps Mega Salamence pick up necessary OHKOs and 2HKOs such as? assuming no chip beyond this, to be clear. It also has access to Toxic to cripple checks that it lures such as Ho-oh Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon and Giratina-O. Wait what? You're saying here that it wants a defensive ally as a teammate (NDM only runs the proposed moves in its defensive set), then in the last bullet point you mention it's meant to fit in hyper offense, this is also ignoring the fact NDM is the only bulky Steel-type in the metagame, this bullet point should be reworded into just general Fairy-type resists that are viable and can fit in offense
  • Fairy Teammates Fairy-type teammates like Zacian-C and Arceus-Fairy add hyphen love Mega Salamence‘s ability to check Steel- and Fire-types add hyphens such as Magearna and Primal Groudon and threaten them with Earthquake. removed extra space before the period
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-Speed, and Glimmora, and Excadrill Excadrill is at the very bottom of the VR, not worth mentioning are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence set up a sweep. the aforementioned pokemons Pokemon can also clear and Deoxys-S can't remove hazards at all, broadly leaving it at "prevent" is best here prevent hazards from setting up respectively. it also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-Speed and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.
Add the set credits that were present in the past QC

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
Apply the stuff below then let me know to then corroborate once more.

Add Remove Remove Comment
[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Mega Salamence excels as an offensive powerhouse due to its formidable Attack stat, access to Dragon Dance, and its potent ability, Aerilate, achieving multiple roles like wallbreaker, sweeper, and late game cleaner.
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal, and Primal Groudon defensive Primal Groudon is 3HKOed, and a variant or two are a 2HKO roll, would recommend another example instead. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move, although it misses on the 2HKO on foes like Ferrothorn and Ferrothorn is specially defensive here, both moves 2HKO it Zygarde besides Power Construct messing up that sort of calc, Coil variants are 3HKOed even as base Zygarde by Double-Edge, please use other examples, also add a period after all of this and at the end of each bullet point, you've skipped doing that in some of them.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage and at +1 it you "you" is not a term allowed in analyses can 1OHKO the aforementioned Zacian-C, add comma and Zekrom after Stealth Rock, removed extra space before the comma, also you added italics for some reason where as Double Edge / Return would be a 2HKO
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, and Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark.
  • Mega Salamence's middling bulk serves as a disadvantage against faster offensive foes such as Eternatus and Deoxys-A, so it's only way to switch in is by predicting Earthquake from foes like Necrozma-DM, and Arceus or switching into resisted Moves like Choice Band Marshadow's Low Kick or Primal Groudon's Heat Crash, and by pressuring these Pokemon to switch out it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate for multiple uses proves advantageous by lowering foes attack, its capability to mitigate foes that threatens to setup such as? Move the mentions of Primal Groudon and something else besides Zygarde to this part. I've also did a rewording on that sentence as besides giving dex information, it was worded quite vaguely for the GP phase to cover well, but doesnt mega and pivots out then immediately switch to an ally. More direct on how it's ideally used here This can be achieved by strategically switching in Salamence on a physical attacker like to Primal Groudon and Zygarde Mega Salamence is vulnerable to Glare and can become setup fodder, use another example to activate Intimidate, then switching out to another Pokemon upon predicting a switch. and if it decided I'd normally just label it all as red as it's redundant information, but part of that is relevant to stuff that should be fixed and I'd rather not have to weirdly have to fit that in too If the foe decides to stay, the intimidate drops stat drop Salamence isn't switching in multiple times to the same active foe realistically can let it live crucial hits, avoiding the 2HKO from Zacian-C Primal Groudon Stone Edge and and Offensive Necrozma-DM SunSteel Strike reword this whole sentence, who is withstanding a hit from who thanks to Intimidate is unclear. However, it's essential not to attack with Salamence before Mega Evolving unless the opponent is within KO range and regular Salamence it this isn't Gen 6, Salamence immediately changes it speed tier on the turn it megas can outspeed.
  • Having weaknesses to Fairy and Ice, Mega Salamence appreciates Fire- and Steel-type teammates such as Necrozma-DM, Zacian-C and Primal Groudon that can threaten the likes of opposing Zacian-C, Arceus-Fairy and Calyrex-I respectively.
  • Fairy-type teammates like Zacian-C and Arceus-Fairy love Mega Salamence‘s ability to check Steel- and Fire-types such as Magearna and Primal Groudon and threaten them with Earthquake.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-S, and Glimmora are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence sweep. the aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards from setting up respectively. it also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.
[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
After some discussion with the QC team, while with the following it'd be sufficient by me, I think it'd be best for this case to get a third QC check, as it seems there may be some misinformation that I can't properly check myself as I'm not that much into this set.

In other words, while it may pass as the second QC, yet another QC check by an user besides myself will be required before passing to Copyediting, apply the stuff below first then comment that being the case here, good job beyond that.

Add Remove Comment
[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Mega Salamence excels as an offensive powerhouse due to its formidable Attack stat, access to Dragon Dance, and its potent ability, Aerilate, achieving multiple roles like wallbreaker, sweeper, and late game cleaner.
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal and Ferrothorn. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move, although it misses on the 2HKO on foes like Ho-Oh and other variants be more specific on which of Primal Groudon.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage and at +1 it can OHKO Zacian-C, and Zekrom after Stealth Rock, where as Double Edge / Return would be a 2HKO
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, and Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark.
  • Mega Salamence's middling bulk serves as a disadvantage against faster offensive foes such as Eternatus and Deoxys-A, so it's only way to switch in is by predicting Earthquake from foes like Necrozma-DM, and Arceus or switching into resisted Moves like Choice Band Marshadow's Low Kick or Primal Groudon's Heat Crash, and by pressuring these Pokemon to switch out it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate proves advantageous by its capability to mitigate foes that threaten to setup such as Rayquza and Necrozma-DM, If the foe decides to stay, the stat drop can let Salamence live crucial hits, avoiding a 2HKO from Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist, offensive Necrozma-DM’s Sunsteel Strike and Rayquaza Dragon Ascent.
  • Having weaknesses to Fairy and Ice, Mega Salamence appreciates Fire- and Steel-type teammates such as Necrozma-DM, Zacian-C and Primal Groudon that can threaten the likes of opposing Zacian-C, Arceus-Fairy and Calyrex-I.
  • Fairy-type teammates like Zacian-C and Arceus-Fairy love Mega Salamence‘s ability to check Steel- and Fire-types such as Magearna and Primal Groudon and threaten them with Earthquake.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-S, and Glimmora are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence sweep. the aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards from setting up respectively. it also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.
[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

I'll let gp handle the gp changes.

You can mark this as 3/3 after you implement this

add
remove/rework
comment

[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal and Ferrothorn. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move, although it misses on the 2HKO on foes like Ho-Oh and offensive Primal Groudon.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage and at +1 it can OHKO Zacian-C, and Zekrom after Stealth Rock, where as Double Edge / Return would be a 2HKO
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, and while Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark. if you're slashing this with roost, mention the tradeoff of losing the ability to heal itself; how does this change its role?
  • Mega Salamence's middling special its physical bulk is fine, actually it's on par with base forme against a -1 opponent bulk serves as a disadvantage against faster offensive foes such as Eternatus and Deoxys-A, so it's only way to switch in is by predicting Earthquake (1) put emphasis on sets lacking roost, since they only really have the one shot. Sets that have roost can potentially switch into almost any physical attack and start clicking dd (2)"only" is a bit of misnomer for a pokemon that has intimidate and good physical bulk from foes like Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Arceus or switching into resisted Moves like Choice Band Marshadow's Low Kick or Primal Groudon's Heat Crash both base and mega can get 2hkoed by this. You can add this to the Intimidate section below, if you want, since Mega Salamence does set up on -1 heat crash well, and by pressuring these Pokemon to switch out it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate proves advantageous by its capability to mitigate foes that threaten to setup such as Rayquza and Necrozma-DM, If the foe decides to stay, the stat drop can let Mega Salamence live crucial hits, avoiding avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist, offensive Necrozma-DM’s Sunsteel Strike and Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, and set up on them.
  • Having weaknesses to Fairy and Ice, Mega Salamence appreciates Fire- and Steel-type teammates such as Necrozma-DM, Zacian-C and Primal Groudon that can threaten the likes of opposing Zacian-C, Arceus-Fairy and Calyrex-I.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams mention that these sorts of teams don't care about salamence's flimsy type profile, or its stealth rock weakness, suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-S, and Glimmora are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence sweep. the aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards from setting up respectively. it also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.
[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

I'm not satisfied with the implementation of my check, and am thus retracting my stamp.

I messed up by stamping a check with open-ended comments.

Once this check is implemented, it should be good to go. It's just straight add/remove.

add
remove

[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal and Ferrothorn. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move, although it misses on the 2HKO on foes like Ho-Oh and offensive Primal Groudon.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C, Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage and at +1 it can OHKO Zacian-C, and Zekrom after Stealth Rock.
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, while Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark, Although it negatively affects its role as a sweeper by damaging its longevity by burn or toxic chipping it down at the cost of making Mega Salamence more sensitive to chip damage while setting up.
  • Mega Salamence's middling special bulk serves as a disadvantage against faster offensive foes such as Eternatus and Deoxys-A, sets that lack Roost can switch by predicting Earthquakes Mega Salamence, especially when dropping Roost, should aim to switch in after a foe has fainted or on predicted Earthquake from foes like Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Arceus or switching into resisted Moves like Choice Band Marshadow's Low Kick, Sets that have Roost can switch into physical attacks such as thanks to its decent physical bulk and access to intimidate, and by pressuring these Pokemon to switch out it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate proves advantageous by its capability to mitigate foes that threaten to setup such as Rayquza and Necrozma-DM, If the foe decides to stay,. (add period) Additionally, the stat drop can let Mega Salamence avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist, offensive Necrozma-DM’s Sunsteel Strike and Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, and set up on them.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-S, and Glimmora are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence sweep. the aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards from setting up respectively, although hyper offense teams don't care about salamence's flimsy type profile, or its stealth rock weakness, it also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bobsican.434487[color=blue][b]/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/zrp200.327515[/b][/color]/
Grammar checked by:

aaand I'm coming back again because this was on my list to gp amcheck.

Enjoy :)

Don't consider this stamped until someone else from GP verifies.

add
remove
comment

[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Double-Edge is Mega Salamence's most powerful STAB move, being able to 2HKO most defensive Pokemon such as Yveltal and Ferrothorn. Return serves as a weaker but safer STAB move, although it misses out on the 2HKO on foes like Ho-Oh and offensive Primal Groudon.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C (RC) and Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage. (add period) and at At +1, (AC) it can OHKO Zacian-C (RC) and Zekrom after Stealth Rock.
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, while Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark at the cost of making Mega Salamence more sensitive to chip damage while setting up.
  • Mega Salamence, especially when dropping Roost, should aim to switch in after a foe has fainted or on predicted Earthquake from foes like Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Arceus, and by. (add period) By pressuring these Pokemon to switch out, (AC) it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate proves can prove advantageous by its capability to mitigate foes that threaten to setup such as Rayquza Rayquaza and Necrozma-DM. Additionally, the stat drop can let Mega Salamence avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Marshadow Poltergeist, offensive Necrozma-DM’s Sunsteel Strike and Rayquaza Dragon Ascent, and set up on them.
  • Having weaknesses to Fairy and Ice, Mega Salamence appreciates Fire- and Steel-type teammates such as Necrozma-DM, Zacian-C, (AC) and Primal Groudon that can threaten the likes of opposing Zacian-C, Arceus-Fairy and Calyrex-I.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams (RC). (add period) suicide Suicide hazard leads such as Deoxys-S (RC) and Glimmora are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence sweep. the The aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards from setting up respectively. (add period) it It also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out. (add period)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
grammar checked by:
[/QUOTE]

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
zrp check add remove comment
my changes add remove comment
[SET]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge / Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Facade

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Mega Salamence excels as an offensive powerhouse due to its formidable Attack stat, access to Dragon Dance, and its potent ability, Aerilate, achieving multiple roles like wallbreaker, sweeper, and late-game (ah) cleaner.
  • Earthquake is Mega Salamence's best coverage move to hit Steel-types like Zacian-C (RC) and Necrozma-DM and to hit Primal Groudon almost as hard as Double-Edge without the recoil damage. (add period) and at At +1, (AC) it can OHKO Zacian-C (RC) and additionally OHKO Zekrom after Stealth Rock. (to distinguish that the latter requires Stealth Rock damage, while the former doesn't)
  • Roost provides Mega Salamence with reliable recovery and helps it to find more setup opportunities throughout the battle, while Facade punishes foes that try to status it like Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Water, and Arceus-Dark at the cost of making Mega Salamence more sensitive to chip damage while setting up.
  • Mega Salamence, especially when dropping not running Roost, should aim to switch in after a foe has fainted or on a predicted Earthquake from foes like Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Arceus, and by. (add period) By pressuring these Pokemon to switch out, (AC) it can take on the opportunity to set up and start wearing down its checks.
  • In certain scenarios, retaining access to Salamence's Intimidate proves can prove advantageous by due to its capability to mitigate foes that threaten to setup set up such as Rayquza Rayquaza and Necrozma-DM. Additionally, the stat Attack drop can let Mega Salamence avoid a 2HKO from Choice Band Marshadow's Poltergeist, offensive Necrozma-DM's (use ASCII apostrophe, AKA ') Sunsteel Strike, (ac) and Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, (rc) and set up on them.
  • Having weaknesses to Fairy and Ice, Mega Salamence appreciates Fire- and Steel-type teammates such as Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, and Zacian-C and Primal Groudon that can threaten the likes of opposing Zacian-C, Arceus-Fairy, (ac) and Calyrex-I.
  • Fairy-type teammates like Zacian-C and Arceus-Fairy love Mega Salamence's (ASCII apostrophe) ability to check Steel- and Fire-types such as Magearna and Primal Groudon and threaten them with Earthquake.
  • Mega Salamence works well on hyper offense teams, and suicide entry hazard leads such as Deoxys-S (RC) and Glimmora are invaluable in helping Mega Salamence it sweep.; (rp, asc) the aforementioned Pokemon can also prevent hazards from setting up respectively. (add period) it Mega Salamence also appreciates dual screens support from Deoxys-S and Grimmsnarl to make it harder to knock out. (add period)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/clouds.356215/
credit myself and Zrp200, GP Team done

gpstampsmall.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)