(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Bellossom and Vileplume do have the same BST, though. Poliwrath and Politoed don't; they did, but then GF gave Wrath a 10 BST buff to Attack because Politoed got a boon of its own in Drizzle.
Oops, you're right. They both got a stat buff in Gen VI, so I must have been looking at their stats in different gens without realising.

You can, after talking to i think 3 different NPCs, get both at once in ORAS

Iirc this is even necessary for traversing parts of the Safari Zone
The ability to have both bikes is strictly post-Delta Episode though, because the third NPC is located at the Battle Resort.

In that regard, it’s sort of like Koraidon / Miraidon’s flight power, or the perma-charged Tera Orb in SV — a final convenience afforded to you only after it no longer impacts the game design in a significant way.

Oops, you're right. They both got a stat buff in Gen VI, so I must have been looking at their stats in different gens without realising.
Vileplume and Bellossom are a weird case in that they used to have identical base stats just with Special Attack and Special Defense swapped, and then Gen 6 broke the symmetry by boosting Vileplume's Special Attack and Bellossom's Physical Defense.

Every so often I remember that the Pokemon Adventures manga made Team Rocket's name an acronym for Raid On the City, Knock Out, Evil Tusks and I cringe so hard I run the risk of breaking a rib
I've seen some awkwardly forced acronyms used but this one sounded so stupid and ridiculous (even by PokeSpe standards) I had to look it up myself. Never before did I feel so disappointed to find out something being true

I've seen some awkwardly forced acronyms used but this one sounded so stupid and ridiculous (even by PokeSpe standards) I had to look it up myself. Never before did I feel so disappointed to find out something being true
The perils of having to create a backronym out of a word that was never intended to be an acronym that has to vaguely match an acronym of that same word in another language. It will always be awful.

The perils of having to create a backronym out of a word that was never intended to be an acronym that has to vaguely match an acronym of that same word in another language. It will always be awful.
Rob, Oppress, Chase, Kill, Extort, Terrify!
I mean, it's still bad and cringe, but at least it makes some sense. And since it's just a list of crimes/bad actions, you could do something like this in every language and get roughly the same result, even if individual crimes vary wildly. There's no excuse for the canon one to be so bad.

It's a shame we are not getting more Paradox stuff. The concept is so good, I want to see Team Rocket trying to get an army of them or something. I know it's too early for another Rainbow Rocket but...

It's a shame we are not getting more Paradox stuff. The concept is so good, I want to see Team Rocket trying to get an army of them or something. I know it's too early for another Rainbow Rocket but...
We didn't even get the weird unseen ultra beast giovanni was using so we'd probably not even see the things they hypothetically might use

Bit surprised Masters hasn't done anything with that little detail, even just a Giovanni + A UB (Guzzlord, probably?) alt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)