Giga Drain
Energy Ball
Psyshock
Stored Power
Calm Mind
Acid Armor
Recover
Tera Blast

'So Alcreamie didn't exactly get anything new other than alluring voice and it actually LOST mystical fire but if there is anything a good player can do its make something work even if it's niche.

Alcreamie@Leftovers
252 Hp, 252 Def ,4 Sp Atk
Ability: Aroma Veil(blocks taunt for set up and also encore)
Bold Nature
Tera Type:Steel/Water
Draining Kiss
Stored Power
Acid Armor
Calm Mind

So after losing mystical fire it is difficult to hit steel types that resist its fairy stab so we got stored power to muscle through after enough calm minds are achieved which is surprisingly easy with veil support and recover. Draining kiss is 75 bp with stab and gives nice recovery outside of recover.

Tera steel to flip weaknesses to a resistance and an immunity while gaining many other resistances in general.

Kingambit is laughably a nice set up target as Tera steel stops iron head and it's dark type moves without a boost won't 2hko with the defense investment. If it boosts up Draining kiss to leech at its health while keeping yourself alive. Remember veil support or screens is what makes this set worth running in most cases.

You could however run Tera fire Tera Blast to hit steels even with the loss of mystical fire or tera ground to hit heatran as well but air Ballon is annoying.

I will be using this set in ou as I love winning with my favorites in ou.

Some nice team options are

Choice Scarf Rotom-Wash: Tricking a scarf onto Gambit or a check can ease set up ALOT

Alolan Ninetales: The Veil setter which keeps Alcreamie alive

Grimmsnarl: Sets screens but doesn't worry about weather or speed tiers

Steel types: They resist Alcreamies weaknesses without having to Tera.

So what do you guys think of Alcreamie this gen? I really love it as a pokemon so I hope it can see some use in the future.

Last edited:
Where to begin with this one,
-You forgot to list its base stats, abilities, and notable moves. That's been the general standard of these analyses.
-Why draining kiss AND recover? Aroma veil already makes you immune to taunt, so why not just use one or the other? Arguably D.K is better due to having more PP and doing damage.
-Terastylization should be a last resort, and as much as I love Alcremie (it can be INCREDIBLY powerful in double battles with decorate giving a partner a swords dance/nasty plot) it's wasted on it. Shame about it losing mystical fire, because now it just knows fairy, psychic and grass moves.
Here's another option;

Starlit Sweet (Discount Hatterene)
Lemon-Cream Alcremie (star sweet version) @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Tera: Fairy
Bold Nature
Tera: Fairy
Draining Kiss
Acid Armor
Calm Mind
Stored Power

(The reason why I chose lemon cream alcremie with the star sweet is because of cosmetics. More mons should be customizable for battles like Alcremie and Furfrou. Doesn't even have to change type, just a few alterations go a long way with a team)

Acid armor and Calm Mind can be used freely thanks to aroma veil blocking taunt (which is often the bane of sets like these) to boost your defenses and special attack. Then you use stored power on anything that isn't dark type and draining kiss on non-kingambit opponents. Be aware of poison and steel types on your opponents team and get rid of them if you can before bringing out Alcremie. The idea is to tank hits and survive off of draining kiss. Fairy is already a good defensive type so don't terastylize.

Where to begin with this one,
-You forgot to list its base stats, abilities, and notable moves. That's been the general standard of these analyses.
-Why draining kiss AND recover? Aroma veil already makes you immune to taunt, so why not just use one or the other? Arguably D.K is better due to having more PP and doing damage.
-Terastylization should be a last resort, and as much as I love Alcremie (it can be INCREDIBLY powerful in double battles with decorate giving a partner a swords dance/nasty plot) it's wasted on it.
Thx I changed the post so it would be more optimal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)