Smogon Forums

Pipotchi
Pipotchi
some particularly nice mons he can threaten are m.sableye, clef, all of stall, and even mega alt from full hp thanks to head smash. fire typing has some good resists without SR
Sun King
Sun King
Why not just Rock Head? Magic Guard seems a bit over the top to me. I'm not certain about just making him a Wallbreaker. I think he has some other potential.
Pipotchi
Pipotchi
i posted magic guard before to the council, and got told it wasnt good enough for ou. so i thought he needed two buffs o_O do you think rock head would take emboar to A rank tho? hes still slow and likely to take hits, which is why i was thinkin magic guard to ensure full hp from hazards too at least- plus access to LO if he wants
Pipotchi
Pipotchi
what do you think emboars other potential is just wonderin? hes kinda slow n fat without being too bulky, and magic guard would even improve any mixed sets like scald/gk (perhaps his niche) thanks to free life orb
Sun King
Sun King
I think making him a wall breaker is never going to boost him to A rank in OU. I think if you can find a way to boost his speed, we might be looking at a better Emboar.
Sun King
Sun King
Honestly, Scrappy could be pretty cool.
astroboy
astroboy
this has like 0 flavor but regen boar would be cool
Sun King
Sun King
That wouldn't get any votes though. Regenerator is pretty toxic in the thread.
astroboy
astroboy
how so
Sun King
Sun King
Because it's been done enough times that people are tired of talking about it. they always think it's lazy. Slating Regenerator is a huge deal and I'm not going to do it unless we end up with something revolutionary
astroboy
astroboy
oh alright, yeah that makes sense. sorry, just didnt know
Sun King
Sun King
Don't apologize! It's totally fine. I love getting submissions from people. Plus now you know why it's never on the slate.
astroboy
astroboy
tough claws could be cool too ig
Sun King
Sun King
It's too slow for OU. I'm not really on board with more wallbreakers
Pipotchi
Pipotchi
emboar is just a dead end without going the wallbreaker route since its stats wont allow for anything else, 65 speed is pathetic and its not rly tanky or have good defensive typing
Pipotchi
Pipotchi
will think of some other mons instead. i posted a huge list to the council ages ago but no1 replied so i dunno
Sun King
Sun King
I'll think about it.